1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread: Other Fandoms

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Oneiros, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Yeah, Aerys would probably just say that Brandon must have cheated and execute them both anyway.

2. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Fusion Crossover between Buffy the Vampire Slayer TV series and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines video game.

While both take place in California, I feel like for simplicity's sake it would be better to just move the cast and plots of Buffy to Los Angeles and remove Sunnydale completely. It doesn't hurt the story in any way and allows for much easier integration of both settings.

Elements of Sunnydale's history like the Hellmouth and the demon mayor work in LA just as fine as they would in Sunnydale so it isn't a problem at all.

Now, Vampire-wise the system from VTMB works better and is more detailed and diverse with various vampire clans with different weaknesses and abilities. Of course, canon characters like Spike, Angel, Drusilla must be put in appropriate clans, but this isn't in any way difficult. In fact Drusilla immediately comes to mind as a clear Malkavian, Spike sounds like a Brujah and the Master is of course Nosferatu due to his freakish looks.

But the real shining star of BTVS is of course the Slayer. Buffy clearly must still be way above regular humans and capable to go toe to toe with strong Vampires to make her position still make sense.

Timeline wise, Buffy season 1 took place in 1996 while the Bloodlines game in 2004 so it is close enough that moving both to the same year doesn't create any problems. I'm going to go with 2004 since it's closer to modern times.

The Watchers could easily replace VTMB's Society of Leopold as this world's vampire hunters.

I think it would be interesting to see how the dynamic of various characters would change in a reality where there is the Masquerade in effect and the Camarilla strongly punishes those who recklessly turn mortals into vampires.

We certainly wouldn't see Buffy having to patrol cemeteries for random rising vamps, instead she'd have to do a lot more spywork and training to find any vampires to slay. And then there's the question whether or not it's worth the time considering vampires already police themselves.

Perhaps Buffy takes an interest in the Carnival of Death serial killer vampire and investigates him, which makes her cross paths with the VTMB protagonist?

Of course, there's also the Ankaran Sarcophagus which certainly will be the goal of several factions, Watchers included.

3. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros.

I wrote some 600 words in a frenzy last night for an Asoiaf/practical guide to Evil fusion.

Its more worldbuilding than plot at this point in time

“Named,” said Hoster as Brown’s hooves fell against the smooth, black stones of the wintersteps behind him, “are the problem, Brother. Othgar Hoare has two, three if we count the Drowned Man.”

Brynden Tully brought his own horse to a halt beneath the shade of a Weeping Willow. It’s long, green arms draped over them, and provided ample cover from the growing drizzle. “The Lord Kraken acclaims no man out of the hundred kingdoms his king,” Brynden said. “A sennight ago, Oldstones was razed, its villages raped, and the Mudds ended. Even Father…”

Hoster placed a comforting hand on his back. “I miss him too. The ironborn commit greater atrocities with each passing moon, and from lesser cruelties have banners been raised,” Brother said. “But the Hoares do not need us to love them so long as we fear them, and many lords do.” Hoster’s eyes roamed the river woods around them. “Even if the other lords would follow us in open defiance, and even if the Named could be overcome by a great host, that would be no guarantee of our victory.”

“It would not,” Brynden agreed. “To war is to wager.”

Hoster snorted. “The odds are against us.”

“I never said this would be easy, just that it would be necessary. We must act.”

“Then let us think this through,” Hoster said. “Suppose we raise all five thousand of our swords, and that the Blackwoods and Brackens eternal feud does see one of them betray us to Reaper or Reaver, what then? We would be facing four times that without counting Blackfyre’s sellswords and sorcerers.”

“We cannot do it on our own,” Brynden said. “Perhaps we can turn to the other kings for help? I would rather pay fealty to Gardener or Stark. Even the Lannisters would do! At least they hold to the Gods Above on most years.”

“The Starks will never venture south of the Neck in force. It is not their way to cross ancient boundaries save to face ancient foes,” Hoster said.

Brynden turned his gaze north, from where the wintersteps came. The maesters claimed the North as a land without equal. Roads finer and wider than those of Old Valyria criss-cross through it like veins and with Winterfell as its beating heart. “They crossed to strike at the Vale when the Andals came in honor of the Seven Choirs.”

“You know the stories as well as I do, Brother. Even Evil is beholden to some rules, and the clansmen broke faith during the Long Night,” Hoster said. “As for the westerlands and the Reach, they are at odds again.”

“Another difference in interpretations over the Book of All Things?”

Hoster shrugged. “The Septs Starry and Golden take pride in the Scriptures. We are left with the Eyrie, Storm’s End, and Dragonstone.”

Brynden’s face twisted into a grimace. “Good, evil, and something in between. Never an easy choice.”

“If the choice were easy, it would be done with already,” Hoster said. “I need not say why King Arryn will not ride to our aid.”

The poor roads of the Vale were ever beset with danger from the evil men of the mountains. “The Targaryens have not dared assault Harrenhal again after their first victory cost them Vhagar two and a half centuries ago,” Brynden said. “The Durrandon Kings would be poor rulers, but even I will not deny that the blood of Godsgrief are fierce warriors.”

“Nameseekers do little good if they die in search of hopeless battles,” Hoster said, though there was a glint of naked ambition in his eye, “but perhaps that would not be such a terrible thing for us.”

4. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Game of Thrones and Revenge of the Sith crossover.

Palpatine is too late and Anakin Skywalker dies on Mustafar after his duel with Obi-Wan Kenobi.

...only to be reborn as Danyerys Targaryen.

[​IMG]

5. Nazgus

Nazgus Chief Warlock

@Arthellion your idea is being stolen

6. Garden

Garden Minister of Magic

As long Team Dany wins instead of doing something stupid, I'm all-in!

7. Arthellion

Arthellion The Chosen One

High Score:
    There is nothing new under the Sun...

...but I expect copyright dues for the use of my idea. :)

8. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

Lost within a thousand worlds of written wit.
    High Score:
    Since I'm nearing the end of A Clash of Kings(ASOIAF #2), I'm wondering how Stannis could have turned around the outcome of the battle for Kings Landing prior to Tywin and co arriving. One thing I was thinking about earlier was if he could have captured Joffery and used him as either a bargaining chip for negotiations or flat out fled with him back to wherever safety he could find to use the boy-king as a hostage. Joff was still pretty headstrong at this point, I could see him refusing the summons to go back to safety for just long enough to become trapped(say debris blocks off their retreat, forcing him and his king's guards to wade into the active fighting).

I suppose one of the simplest methods would be to have Baelish... delayed, or outright murdered on the road to recruit the Tyrells and such? Tyrin's forces would still be posed to stab Stannis in the unguarded back, but perhaps a less extreme outnumbered force would allow for Stannis to hold out?

Or even have Davos' plan to test the river listened to with only a few quick ships instead of throwing the whole bloody fleet forward as in canon, therefore giving them more information to sense the trap Tyrion was building. Or say someone responsible for the wildfire fucked up and set it off early, before they were trapped by the chain.

I don't really know what the point of all of this musing would be in the end, however. It just seems like Stannis was posed for a nice victory even with the disasters in canon, up until Tywin and the other backup gutted him from behind, and I guess after Season 8 I'm hungry for divergences that could push things in new directions. Stannis taking Kings Landing, with or without Lannister hostages, taking the Iron Throne and trying to fortify their resources to hold off on Tywin's fury, until what, it goes no further? They run out of supplies?