1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Bunny Thread: Other Fandoms

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Oneiros, Apr 5, 2010.

1. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just a random thought that came to my head when I was looking at some steampunk pics.

Everyone has seen fics that feature some mysterious force from the far east of the Naruto world coming and wtf pwning every ninja because they are so much powerful, and half the time Naruto is that reason they are so much better, and much more noble than the ninjas as well. I was thinking of it being a Steampunk samurai continent that pretty much is the perfect opposite to the ninja world. Instead of using jutsu they have steampunk armors and weapons that they use chakra to fuel. The samurai wouldn't be any more powerful than the ninjas and the ninjas wouldn't be so much better than the samurai. It'd be about the same with each style having different strengths and weaknesses when compared to each other. I thought it'd be cool to see different alliances form and warfare when the two are mixed on both sides.

Other than what I thought of up there I didn't really think of much beyond that.

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Chakra armor was in one of the Naruto movies. I didn't think it was original at all.

Also same country (Snow/Spring) had tech similar to steam punk anyway. No need to look around you can just use Snow country

3. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

Recently I've been rather bored with most Naruto fics I've started to read, due to the similarities at the start and/or characters used. So here is something I thought might make a good start for a story.

Senju (Uzumaki) Mito survives the birth of Naruto and takes care of him. She could start training him as a ninja, telling him stories about the clan or something like the legendary Sage of the Six Paths. She could also shield him from dirty looks and such, since she was the wife of Senju Hashirama (the first hokage) she would probably be well respected. Lots of small things to make changes to Narutos character believable.

A good place to have her die would be the peace treaty with Kumogakure (where the headninja tried to kidnap Hinata in the orginal story). It would be a good spot to add other charachters to the story. Maybe Yakumo Kurama was kidnapped instead of Hinata? If Mito is killed, it would give the Hokage mighty leverage against Kumogakure, maybe enough to make them send one of their jinchūriki (Yugito Nii) as reparation?

A few last words could also be used to make some changes to Narutos character.

Maybe Mito whispers something about chakra control, and how important it is for Naruto to learn. This could be used to give Naruto the shadow clone ability. If the Hokage saw Naruto train like crazy after Mitos death without much progress, he might be inclined to help with training due to to fearing Narutos mental state, or maybe because he cares about him or feel indebted to Minato.

Maybe it's something about seals, making Naruto take an interest in them.

Or about finding lost members and reuniting the Uzimaki clan.

Lots of possibilities to write an original plot/story.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  4. Datakim

Datakim Chief Warlock

Err, is Mito not long since dead? I mean she was ancient when Kushina was young and first came to the village. She would have presumably died from old age by the time we get to Narutos birth. And thats ignoring the fact that she had Kyuubi extracted from her and implanted into Kushina. Such extractions are generally fatal. Kushina did survive it thanks to her Uzumaki heritage yes, but she was young and healthy while Mito was not. Kushina also was said to have special chakra. Bottom line is that Mito is long dead. If the wife of the first hokage was still alive and kicking, a LOT would have to be changed.

Kumo would never give up one of their jinchuuriki to another village. They would go to war first, especially since Konoha is highly weakened at the time. Also who the heck is Yakumo Kurama? Is she that filler girl? Most people would not know her at all.

5. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Filler girl with a genjutsu-based kekkei genkai (i.e. making illusions real).

6. Gizmore

Gizmore Minister of Swedish Affairs DLP Supporter

I think I fused Mito and Biwako Sarutobi. Although the wiki says "due to being a member of the Uzumaki clan, Mito had an exceptionally long life" She looks old as dirt in chapter 500.

As for kumo rather going to war, it's debatable, since Konoha and Suna are allies, they should be a big enough threat. As we don't know about any other alliances it's up to the writer to make it plausible.

About the girl, it was an example of a less used character. Her not being known to most people is a plus.

7. Lion

I've seen alot of Uzumaki family members are alive or suddenly turn up and train Naruto. Honestly at this point in the fandom an original story would need to be pretty AU or else it'll just be something tons of other people have done.

8. Lion

Holy Double Post Batman.

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  9. kyoujouran

kyoujouran Squib

I’ve been toying around with the idea of writing an Elder scrolls: Oblivion game for a little while now and though I’ve accomplished the easy task of sketching out the scenes I truly want to write I find myself at something of a barrier for certain plot points.

I suppose I should say from the onset that I intend to include elements from a number of oblivion mods such as Midas Magic (MM), Ayleid Steps, Better Cities and OOO because I feel they add a great deal of depth to the Oblivion world while more or less staying true to canon. The primary difficulty I’m encountering however is incorporating MM into my current plot.

For those of you who are not familiar with the mod MM allow players to substantially increase their spell repertoire by procuring arcane ingredients and combining them in a custom device known as an assimilator to create a magical residue. This residue, once consumed, grants the player knowledge of a spell based upon the characteristics of the ingredients. The key limiting factor of this mod is that every spell requires a gold nugget which, in game, is almost impossible to find without using another mod or console commands and thus prevents the player from immediately becoming the equivalent of an HP wizard slinging spells around willy-nilly.

Even though MM does try to make a player work for the various spells the advantages it presents could still easily allow a writer to create a Mary Stu protagonist. While I do intend to greatly restrict the spells my protagonist will gain from MM to avoid the Mary Stu archetype, I am currently scratching my head and attempting to brainstorm a number of potential scenarios which would allow a character to do the following:

1) Learn who Midas is and what his magic is capable of
    2) Somehow bribe, threaten or simply steal the knowledge necessary to make use of MM
    3) Accomplish 2 in a manner that would be possible for a brand new character fresh off the docks, or out of prison as the case may be.

I suppose one way to think of it would be to compare MM to the scroll of forbidden jutsu in Naruto. My main problem with Naruto however was I could never quite believe that a child who failed to achieve even the lowest ninja rank, and who is not known for stealth, was able to simply walk out of what should be a high security building with such a scroll strapped to his back.

Now of course the simplest solution would be to grant my character a wealthy family and just drown Midas in money, as it is often mentioned in the mod that he is willing to teach for the ‘right price’. However, while I am not entirely against the idea of the main character paying an exorbitant fee to essentially become a student of Midas but I would like to combine it with something else to show that they have somehow earned the right to access to such knowledge/power.

I have therefore come to share my conundrum with DLP and eagerly await any and all relevant replies.

10. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Naruto plot bunny I've been sitting on that was inspired by someone in this thread, I believe, proposing a Naruto that could only use elemental chakra. I decided to take it a step or two further. Here it is:

Namikaze Naruto is loved and universally cared for by his village as the son of its greatest Hokage. He's adopted by the current Hokage, Sarutobi, and is a humble, bright boy. He's a joy to be around.

He's also a freak.

He's enrolled in the academy at the set age, as the Hokage doesn't believe in favoritism, and performs well in all of the entry tests except for one. Chakra. The instructor tasked with testing him tells him to form the ram seal and pull. What comes out isn't chakra.

The winds that erupt from Naruto demolish the room's interior and throw the instructor off his feet. Naruto is later asked to recreate the event at a training ground under the Hokage's supervision, and at the end of it is granted a pass to the academy despite his apparent defect.

As time passes, Naruto's ability to harness the power of the air around him grows sharper and more refined, and by the time he graduates the academy tied for rookie of the year with Uchiha Sasuke, he's an absolute monster in taijutsu. He's never been able to learn any of the required jutsu, but he's passed regardless because his wind techniques are just that damn good. It also doesn't hurt that his lack of normal chakra makes him entirely immune to genjutsu, a very big advantage to have.

Fast forward to the Zabuza arc. Team 7 (and it is still Team 7, as I've never believed that Rookie + Loser + Fem!Rookie bullshit) is in a bind much like before. Sasuke's fire jutsu are just as ineffective as ever against Haku's kekkai genkai and Naruto's wind blades aren't faring much better.

Sasuke activates his kekkai genkai. Haku takes him down. The wind roars.

Naruto taps into a boiling red chakra that makes him practically one with the wind, and he immediately shatters the nearest slab of ice with a burst of demonic power. Haku doesn't last long, and is torn apart by a devastating punch moments later. Zabuza dies. Gato and his thugs arrive. Naruto is still high off of the red chakra. They don't last long.

Fast forward to the chunin exams. Naruto is pitted against Gaara of the Golden Sands, Suna's pride and joy and inheritor of the Kazekage's precious bloodline. It's an intense battle, and in the process of it Naruto draws upon more of the mysterious red chakra. He wins the match, and ultimately the tournament in a brilliant match with his teammate, Sasuke, but his actions change the shinobi world forever.

While most don't recognize it as anything other than yet another quirk of the Hokage's charge, the big leagues recognize the power for what it truly is: yokai.

The various kages present at the chunin exams realize that no, of course the Yondaime didn't kill the Kyuubi thirteen years ago. He did what nobody else had ever done before and he sealed it. War breaks out almost on the spot. Konoha's secret, which even Konoha hadn't known (except for the Hokage and a few key others of course), is out. Naruto is a jinchuriki. The first jinchuriki. And all the other villages will do anything to get this power for themselves, by any means necessary.

Now, this may seem a bit extreme, but they have a very good reason for it.

That reason is, of course, that Bijuu are disasters. They are literally forces of nature, with little to no regard for human beings or their settlements. Each Bijuu generally sticks to one area of the continent, but that area is constantly in fear of their unpredictable wrath.

They're a disease which everyone has just realized there is a cure for.

The forces they command are as follows:

Ichibi: Sand

Nibi: Spirit

Sanbi: Water

Yonbi: Fire

Gobi: Ice

Rokubi: Poison

Shichibi: Grass/Plant/etc.

Hachibi: Earth

Kyuubi: Wind

The Fourth Great Shinobi War breaks out, and it's only through a hasty promise to their immediate allies to share the means of the Kyuubi's sealing that Konoha doesn't go into it completely alone. As it is, they're still greatly outnumbered, and decide to make use of their greatest weapon now that it's been outed. Naruto is whisked away by Jiraiya for a crash course in kicking ass mixed in with some military assistance whenever a squad of Anbu is in need of the toad sage and his jinchuriki student.

In the chaos of the war, Akatsuki takes the stage. Orochimaru has yet to leave them, the promise of harnessing the Bijuu proving too enticing for him, and thus he hasn't partaken in any shenanigans thus far. They begin actively pursuing Naruto along with the other tailed beasts, though their efforts are largely unsuccessful. The Bijuu are prone to simply vanishing into their elements of choice whenever they wish to not be found.

It's years after the events of the chunin exam and the start of the fourth great war that Pain arrives at Konoha, having gained the knowledge that Naruto was in town.

Seeing as he still hasn't managed to learn any jutsu (except when using the Kyuubi's chakra), Naruto hasn't managed to acquire sage mode. Thus, when Pain comes barreling through the village walls and wrecking everything in sight, Jiraiya hurries him off to the Hokage mountain. He takes Naruto into the bunkers where civis are to be kept in case of invasions, sit him down in an empty room on a stool, and tells him to master the Kyuubi's chakra. Then he leaves him there to go hold off Pain.

Naruto enters the Kyuubi's chamber. He's been there several times over the past couple years, but the Bijuu had never done more than howl at him like the winds it embodied. It rarely ever took a solid for, in fact. This time, however, it's a blood red kitsune staring down at him almost challengingly.

Naruto rips the seal off the towering bars, and the fight is on.

It lasts a lot longer than Naruto expects. He'd always thought that when it came down to it that it would be over in less than a minute, one way or another. But the two of them find themselves at a stalemate for a long while. Naruto is too quick with his wind techniques for the Kyuubi to catch, and the Kyuubi is just too damn powerful for Naruto to really put a scratch in it.

But he does. He does that and more, with a surprise attack utilizing the Kyuubi's own chakra to form an enormous rasengan (a jutsu which he and Jiraiya had worked painstakingly on for months off and on, as Naruto's grasp on the Kyuubi's chakra was fleeting at best) and shove it right down the Bijuu's throat.

A few heaves and hos, a couple really mean wind attacks, and the Kyuubi's power is his. As Naruto stands there soaking it all in, he's suddenly blindsided by a flash of white, and dragged into a vision.

It's the Rikudou Sennin and his nine baby Bijuu. He's telling them of the dangers ahead, and more specifically, of a threat that he won't be around to handle. He tells them each that when the time comes, they'll have to unite again to fight off the threat to the world as they knew it. They could not unite into the Juubi, as such a thing could only end in disaster. No, they'd unite under nine humans worthy of their power, who would lead the charge with the Bijuu and wipe the threat from the face of the earth.

When the vision is over Naruto finds himself back in the Kyuubi's chamber, only the kitsune is laying down seemingly all healed up from the beating he'd given it and staring at him curiously. Naruto asks it what the hell the vision was all about, and for the first time ever it answers him.

It explains that that wasn't a vision, but a memory of a time long ago. It explains that the Bijuu had all been given a mission: To wait and protect the humans until the time came to unite and defeat the threat their creator foresaw. Except, as time went on, the Bijuu went mad with their own power and reverted to vicious husks of their former spells. Naruto had, it explains, brought it back from insanity by ripping away that corrupting power and purifying it in the process.

The Kyuubi asks if there are any other realized jinchurki. Naruto answers that there aren't any other jinchuriki period.

And so, after an intense battle in which Naruto manages to kill Pain with the help of Jiraiya, Naruto and Kyuubi set off to find the other Bijuu and those capable of taming them.

And... that's it. I have a bunch of awesome Bijuu fight scenes planned out in my head, an Ichibi vs. Naruto/Gaara one in particular, but yeah. From there it'd be up to the author finish up the story.

11. Darthgrim

Darthgrim First Year

Wait so is part of the AU that the Bijuu have never been sealed ever? or is it that Akatsuki just stole them all?

Other than that sounds good.

12. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Pretty sure it's the former. Naruto is the first and only Jinchuuriki.

As for the idea itself, I really, really want to see this done. There's a lot there that I thoroughly enjoy. If someone actually starts up on it, please post a link.

13. JokingWraith

JokingWraith First Year

So hear is my Naruto plot bunny. Basic concept Game of Thrones intrigue meets Naruto. One of the things that always has bugged me is when so called genius make really stupid decisions. For example Itachi genius of the Uchiha clan. His best options are overthrow Konoha with the Uchiha or murder his whole clan minus Sasuke. Is that really the best someone could do? I think not.

The story is primarily focused on Minato and Itachi. Hiruzen takes Minato's place in sealing the Kyuubi into Naruto. So Minato lives and raises Naruto while continuing to be the Fourth. Naruto is acknowledged as jinchūriki and hero of Konoha.

The Fourth Kazekage assassinates the Daimyo of Wind country to stop the outsourcing of jobs.

After Kumo attempts to kidnap both Naruto and Hinata they fail but demand compensation. If not they will declare war. Minato meets with representatives of Iwa and Suna. Both villages are tired of Kumo aggressive policy. If Konoha and Kumo go to war they will join on the side on Konoha. Kumo backs down.

We see more of Itachi's backstory. Shisui is his jonin sensei after he makes Genin. Shisui meanwhile has infiltrated Root in order to gather evidence of Danzo's treachery for the Uchiha clan. The Uchiha clan is suspected of having a role to play in the Kyuubi attack.

Minato doesn't trust either the Uchiha or Danzo. Eventually Itachi comes to Minato and reveals the Uchiha's discontent towards the village.

I don't want to reveal how it all ends but we see Minato, Itachi, Shisui, Danzo, Tobi, and Orochimaru's plans either fail or succeed to varying degrees.

This story is going to be AU and dark. People will die until in the canon when Pein simply revives everyone. :facepalm

14. Lion

I don't think Iwa would agree to help Konaha at all. The fourth is basically their most hated enemy and allying with him would never happen. I could see them helping Kumo to destroy Konoha while Suna agrees to help Konoha only because of their hatred of Iwa, because a ninja treaty is pretty fucking useless. Also to really make it more like ASoIF then you would have all these events being started by Mizu, who secretly have ended the civil war in favor of Yagura. Though really these events are being started by a bitter Tsunade who believes that if her loved ones can't live happily then no ones should. Of course all of these events would be intermixed with tons of other side plots that seem major until they are abruptly ended by someone else. Like Kusa finally making a serious bid to be a Kage level power with a series of well thought out and planned attacks on Iwa and Konoha to prove their ninja really are that good. Only for their commanding ninja, who was holding all of the rival factions in Kusa together, to be killed by the boy prostitute, who was actually an assassin sent because of his unique "tastes", he was using at the time. Causing a scandal of unrivaled proportions causing his immediate followers to be killed by his rivals and a Kusa civil war.

Those are just a few cool points that could be added to make the story more like ASoIF.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  15. JokingWraith

JokingWraith First Year

As I see it Iwa is helping themselves by joining with the other two to put pressure on Kumo. Its a one time thing and specific to Kumo's overzealousness in trying to kidnap other ninjas. There is no long term alliance of any kind.

As for making it more like ASoIF its more of an inspiration. This first story is more about Konoha dealing with the Uchiha etc. The next stories will open it to more of the problems arising from the other villages. That being said your ideas are interesting.

16. Tasoli

Tasoli Minister of Magic

Still not enough death. :fire

17. Lion

Except Iwa hates Minato, and Konoha by extension, more than they could possibly hate any other nation. Minato got to be Hokage by killing hundreds of their ninja at a time. He did this in multiple battles and clocked in thousands of kills. What plausible way could you see Iwa working with Konoha on anything. If anything Iwa would tag along with Kumo to destroy Konoha and one of the two villages would stab each other in the back eventually.

18. JokingWraith

JokingWraith First Year

Iwa hates Minato, but with hate comes fear. As you so aptly put Minato devastated the Iwa forces in the last war. Are you really going to say no to the man who almost singlehandedly took your village out of the war? Revenge is one thing but survival is more important. If nothing else playing nice with Konoha now will enable them to strike at them later when they let their guard down.

Right now Kumo is attempting to steal ninjas from other villages including Iwa. They are the threat. Weakening them by default makes Iwa stronger.

So maybe you are right and Iwa can't suck in their pride and hatred to do something that could benefit them in the long run.

The whole point was to put a bloodless end to the Hyuuga Affair and put Kumo in their place. Kumo wants a Hyuuga for the death of the Head ninja. Suna, Iwa, and Konoha are all sick of the expanisionist Kumo strategy.

Kumo basically demands a Hyuuga and Minato says no. Kumo threaten war. Minato thinks about current political situation. Iwa, Suna, and Konoha band together in this one time deal. They do this because they know Kumo can't take on three ninja villages at once.

So I understand your point and maybe now you can understand mine. Your point is valid however. Even if Iwa wants no part with Konoha they are still really weak from the last war and won't provoke the man who almost destroyed them.

A Suna-Konoha alliance against Kumo would still be effective in making Kumo back down.

19. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So basically, realpolitik. It would be very much akin to the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact between Nazi Germany and the Soviet Union, if it were to happen.

20. JokingWraith

JokingWraith First Year

Basically. The villages may not like each other ever but no one likes Kumo at the moment in time.

Here is another way to think of it. Kumo is Germany pre-WWII. The other villages Russia, England, and France. (I am not going to even attempt to say who is who)

Germany goes around rearming and taking land from their neighbors (stealing ninjas). None of the other great powers bother doing anything about it when Germany is still weaker. By the time WWII comes around France and England can't stop Germany when they plenty of opportunities. Not a perfect analogy, but it should get the point of across.

Also: https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=22025

I actually started writing this story. Here is the first chapter. It's a slow start but trust me it will pick up.