1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Showdown!

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pokémon Showdown

EyzDd94h_400x400.jpg
    This is just a basic thread designed to introduce people to the wonders of Showdown.

But Seratin, what are you talking about? What is Pokémon Showdown?

Good question, Timmy. Pokémon Showdown is a free online battle client that works with both desktop and mobile.

It allows you to battle Pokémon competitively without having to bother with things like buying a Pokémon game or raising a team from eggs or your partner asking what the fuck is wrong with you.

Okay, that sounds great but what's the point? I haven't played Pokémon in years I wouldn't know what I'm doing.

Well if you've been following Pokémon all these years I wouldn't need to explain Showdown to you, would I?

It's actually very easy to pick up as you go along. A few days ago @Paradise didn't know Showdown existed and within a few hours he was hosting a tournament.

Showdown comes with a match feature that gives you a random competitive team and matches you against an opponent with a similarly random team for anyone who doesn't want to go through the trouble of picking a team and setting it up.

Wait. Hol' the fuck on. You mean I can literally open up the client, click one button and be in a battle??

Yep.

tdsjzll3axd31.jpg

Okay, I'll admit that's pretty cool but I don't like all these new Pokémon.

If the new Pokémon make you rage (leers at @ChaosGuy ) you can choose which generation to battle with.

Haven't played since Diamond and Pearl?

No problem. You can random battle within Gen 4 or any gen if that's your thing.

This is pretty cool man but I've played a few random battles and I'd like to have a go at making a team.

Smogon

Smogon is a website catered to competitive battling. It has articles on every single Pokémon with recommended Movesets, items, natures etc.

You really want your favourite Pokémon in your competitive team? Search it on Smogon and there'll be a page telling you exactly how to utilize your Pokémon to the best of its ability.

Also you can hop on discord, go into #games and you'll find someone there that'll be willing to give you help.

How long do I need to be doing this before I enter DLP tournaments?

Like five minutes. See above. There are plenty of people in #games that will help you out if you need it and this thread is always here for anybody with questions.

Now go forth young one and check this shit out.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Don't let this post distract you from the fact that I have a 100% winrate vs Menace.