1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Black and White 2

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Lb13, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Stealth Rock or Choice Scarf. To be fair, you probably won't see either on a CPU team outside of PWT.

It's too bad that speed boost Blaziken is impossible to get legitimately.

2. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Yeah, I wasn't talking about competitive battling. That's an entirely different kettle of fish.

3. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

I still haven't moved past the second gym in my White 2. Only because I still haven't finished the first game. I will soon though.

I love the fact that thanks to the dream radar I have 4 legendaries (soon to be 5) and only 2 badges. the only one of them that is traded is my Keldeo from White.

Since I'm posting here does anyone want a flying event Pikachu from the 2012 world championships?

4. PomMan

PomMan High Inquisitor

I found Cynthia.

Where the fuck are the others. I really want to fight Blue/Green/Gary.

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Pokemon World Tournament. You have to beat the Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova Gym Leader tourneys, which will unlock the World Leaders tournament. Beat that 10 times and you unlock the Champions Tournament. Gary will show up in that, along with every other champion from the older games.

6. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Does anyone else feel like they are cheating when they audino grind?

7. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It's the "metal Slime" of pokemon, so yes.

8. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Also worth noting is that Audino makes for a fantastic troll on any team. Thunder Wave, Protect, all sorts of buffs and debuffs and great defensive stats.

Fucking adorable to boot.

9. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Audino grinding really only matters early game, I think. If you're leveling Pokemon up after EV training or something and they're already level 60+, the Elite 4 is faster anyway, even on the level 55 Audinos in the giant chasm.

And yeah, cleric Audino is fun as shit to run in RU

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

No this is really fucking stupid. A shaking grass appears directly in front of me and a level 37 Audino pops out. My Eelektross is level 47, so even though I'm in the low yellow, I'm not worried about dying.

As my scary looking eel thing from hell shocks the living shit out of her, the bitch casts heal wave in my direction and heals King Ro by 50%.
    What the fuck.

Also is it considered cheating to use repels to guarantee your first pokemon in an area is from a surfacing fish/dust cloud/rustling grass?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2012
  11. Nuit

Nuit Dark Lord

Don't let it worry you to much, Audino are just nicer than you are.

12. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Totally not cheating, it's just strategy!

13. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Especially since it's one of the ways you can limit what Pokemon you encounter when EV training, which is crucial.

14. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

15. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

I always imagined similar things when I was EV training in the original Black ruthlessly and methodically slaughtering lillipups and patrats for their easy attack EVs. Always made me chuckle a bit when I imagined new trainers entering route 1 from Nuvema Town and being confronted by a field of unconscious/slain, depending on how morbid I'm feeling, pokemon.

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

If it is, I'm guilty. Dat Excadrill.

17. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Same. Except I continued the strategy on Route 11 to pick up a Gliscor. Lucked out, because it was still only a 5% chance. I didn't really expect it to work, but when it did I was like fuck yeah. Took a dead Gothiletta or w/e the fuck that pokemon is to capture, but fuck Gothiletta anyway, she sucks entire bags of dicks.

Although since I just picked up a Metang I feel like all this luck as been pushing me into being a full steel type trainer or something, since now I have Metang/Lucario/Excadrill/Magnezone within my main party. If I can luck-out with a skarmory to be my cut/fly hm slave, then I could pretty much be swept by a strong fire pokemon. Good thing those aren't too popular in this game. I wish I could've used Scrotus the Magby but Magmar's assface is just too unappealing for me to even consider.

Picked up a Golurk for the first time, and this bitch learns fly. That's amazing. New favorite pokemon.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  18. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

So I've beaten Black 2 and I want to restart in Challenge mode, but my ROM doesnt seem to have the key unlocked, even though I did unlock it? Any ideas how to fix it? Google is not yielding results.

After some more searching I came across Blaze Black and Volt White (2)
    http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=290429
    Which are basically a challenge mode hack of the game. From what I understand it's the same general story line, but the level curve is higher, AI is improved, and all 650 are available somewhere in the game self-contianed, with trade-evolve pokemon just having special items used on them. Apparently, it also has the challenge mode key unlocked which makes the game even more difficult, so I'm going to start with this instead.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  19. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So after avoiding reading a lot about B&W2 and avoiding playing it far a long ass time, the moment has come. It's the first Pokemon game since Red and Blue that I didn't buy on the day of release so I was strangely excited. Clearly, the break from constant grinding for a year did me some good.

Today though, after losing my job and feeling like shit, I said, "fuck it." Went out and bought White 2.

I have to say I'm actually enjoying it. The expanded pokedex is really making a difference and I have a feeling this is going to be a game I'd enjoy Nuzlocking. I've just got to the parts of the map that were in the original though so my lut for a new region is fading.

So far my team consists of: Shellshock the Dewott, Ria the Riolu, Thor the magnemite and Sirius the growlithe.