1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Fan Games

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Alindrome, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

ME

/10chars

2. Platypus

Platypus Groundskeeper

I'm very interested - but I have no talent, no abilities, and I'm on a huge class schedule this semester.

invite me anyway?

3. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Depending on what exactly is needed I may be able to do some concept art.

Also I would hope that I would retain my position as the Fire Gym Leader.

4. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Don't worry, Poytin, you're gym leader of Central City. Not that you're gym leader for very long under the circumstances, but it's the thought that counts. :3

5. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    LOLOLOLOL

A thread in which I can be useful on!

I know how to romhack. I actually gave up romhacking for fanfiction, and I'm perfectly capable of using Nightmare and HexD to fuck with the

1. Pokemanz (adding every single pokemon ever? Ever? Good idea?)
    2. Trainers, positions, levels, etc, etc
    3. Any and all dialogue.

Meanwhile, I suck balls at Mapping, though it's certainly easier to map for Pokemanz than the other Nintendo game I play. D8

6. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Well now, this does sound pretty awesome. Not sure what I could help with, but I can alpha/beta test if needed.

7. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

This thread makes me sad that I don't have any skills that would be useful in this situation.

Is there maybe a crash course somewhere on the web that I/we can take to get me/us atleast somewhat familiar with the tools I'll/we'll be using?

8. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I'll help with whatever I can on this.

9. Lungs

High Score:
    http://www.romhacking.net/utils/

Before this, you had to find each one of these by asking frantically on forums for releases from the pr0s.

Now, there's downloads and mirrors for everything :D

There are guides to using most of the stuff in there. The real challenge is reading all ~300k words of guides and putting it together in your head. There's no definitive how-to-hack-a-rom guide. If there was, there would be tens of thousands, and not like, 5 good hacks of the more popular games out there.

10. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'd be down for some coding - if you tell me what to do, with what tools and how to learn it.

11. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I'd love to help out with storyline and cameos and such. Partly because I want one of my own, but mostly because this sounds like a great idea. Really.

Honest ._.

12. Tomatta

Tomatta Seventh Year

I tried making a hack before, so I have basic knowledge but to be honest I'm not sure I'm of much use. However I'm always happy to help, and I don't mind tedious stuff so that's a bonus.

13. Lungs

High Score:
  14. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

It may help for those organizing this to list what skills they are looking for beyond what people can vaguely apply to the project. The only ones I think mentioned are scripting, landscapes, sprites, testers, and coding.

What about music? As that been considered yet?

I think a list of some sort, lest the above is it, should be posted so people can know if they have the viable skills for the project.

I know sprite creation is in large need. Is that hard to learn? (Palindrome could you shed light on for those that might want to learn?) Would the sprite be people, animals? Can most not be ripped from whatever game used then just modified?

If that is the extent, then I could possibly try my hand. Tried creating some from scratch a while back, but didn't go anywhere. If I'm just modifying them, then I possibly could be of assistance.

15. Lungs

High Score:
    Music is actually very, very difficult to keep in-sync. That's part of the Assembly, the only thing you missed - that's packing the whole thing together, and cutting it down so there's more space, etc...

Sprite creation isn't very difficult - it requires an eye for detail, and a lot of disappointingly hard work (especially if you're using paint like I do) - I sprited maybe 4 buildings (2 normals, 2 hyper-specific gyms) in around two hours working intermittently.

There's both a group, and while Lutris is sleeporz, I have created a spreadsheet. :X

Do try spriting - we're in dire need of graphicsguys.

16. chriar

chriar Third Year

I've been trying to get pokemon prism to work on gpSPhone for the past two hours and was wondering if I have to do anything different because it is a hacked ROM. Is there someway to patch it on the iPhone?

17. Lungs

High Score:
    if your iphone isn't jail-borked, no.

What you do is download a patcher (I recommend Tsukuyomi 1.4? 1.04? - not the newest release, which is buggy) and patch the rom'd to your clean not-warez bought rom.

Because we don't have warez in here. Then you can play it.

18. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Even though my writing is mediocre, my drawings is non-existent and I've never coded in my life outside of some Baldur's Gate 2 mods, I'd like to help out if I can.

Gimme a yell if I can help!

19. Lungs

High Score:
    I love how everyone actually has some experience, even when they think they have none at all.

I love DLP. We're all so talented :O

20. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

For those interested and haven't hit the group yet and if you want to increase your selling skills, browse some hacking tutorials and tools, get to know the trade a bit. We'll be using programs like AdvanceMap and XSE, so if you get to know them now and show a familiarity to it, when it comes to actual building and all hands on deck work towards crafting, we can have some overall hacking experience. Best place to start would be PC's forum for a lot of stuff, from tutorials to questions to research to tools and, well, it's the best place for it.