1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Been doing some reading up, and there's no news at all of 1v1 battles with other players nearby or of battling against the pokemon you want to catch.

Literally no reason for me to play this game it if this remains the case. The major reason I ever enjoyed Pokemon was building my team and throwing them against challenging opponents. Collecting is sorta fun but I'm not a collector by nature so that aspect doesn't appeal to me.

Seems like the accusation of this just being an Ingress reskin is pretty solid. Could not be more disappointed.

2. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    For me it's actually right up my alley. I like going for walks when the time permits and I'm in an area with mountains, grasslands, forests and sea. I don't mind just collecting. If I want to battle I'll use the main series games.

3. Callagan

Callagan Fourth Year

Most of that work has been done with Ingress, so I assume they'll just copy the database from there.

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I'm disappointed with what I'm hearing. No 1v1 battle mechanic, the evolution concept is just brutal.

It seems like they made Ingress featuring pokemon characters rather than creating the Pokemon in the real world experience

5. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
  6. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I just downloaded this stupid thing, lol. I think it's only available in Australia/NZ in English right now, but you can probably download it anyway if you're not.

I'm in it for Gengar and Ninetales, then I quit, lol.

I'm not actually sure how it works though? I hope it sends notifications when I find a pokemon instead of forcing me to keep the app open, otherwise it's utterly pointless...

I'm also not sure how the 'game' works. I'm not sure how I get the 'items' in there without spending real money, or how I get the 'Charmander Candy' needed to evolve my Charmander.

Weird, weird thing.

7. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just watch, in a week's time you'll be spending all your time catching Pokemon, while still going 'This is a stupid game! It - it's not like I like it or anything!'

8. Gengar

High Score:
    I had a dark thought, wondering if i should drive to a cemetery to see if i can find Gastly...

9. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Just downloaded it, got a Bulbasuare instead of a Charmander...

Its a lot smoother than I though and the amount of local content is impressive considering I am in a small town in the South of Germany.

10. World

World Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I was somewhat confused that you got it but I can't. Apparently they're staggering the release by country - I guess you have an NZ Apple account?

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Or maybe you don't have enough badges, scrub.

12. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah my iPhone is technically New Zealand despite being in Esslingen and having German SIM card.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    NA's version still isn't out.

Dammit, I wanted to be the first Albuquerque gym leader but if I miss out when it releases I'm not gonna get the chance. D:

I wasn't incredibly optimistic about this (I mean, really, it seemed too good to be true), but it's looking like it might be pretty damn fun to play.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

It's pretty fun so far. I a suitably impressed with the way it interacts with the environment. I imagine patches will just make it better.

15. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

It's live in NA.

16. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Wanted Bulbasaur, accidentally caught Squirtle.

Oh well, still good!

Also had an Eevee right outside my house, which is pretty cool.

Anyone know how to exactly interpret the tracker info? Like I have a dratini that's got 3 footprints by it, which I wanna catch.

Edit: And the servers went down before I could figure out where the hell it was. Like it must have been out in the ocean, which is super lame.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  17. A Lightning

A Lightning Seventh Year

I walked around outside for an hour and caught a handful of pokemon. It looks like there is some pvp, but only at pokemon gyms for now.

I also got an egg from a nearby pokestop. It wants me to walk around for 5km to hatch it, and I want to know whats in the egg, so maybe it'll work as an exercise incentive after all.

My best guess about footprints is that the number of footprints represents how far it is from you. I only caught pokemon that showed up on the radar as 1 footprint.

18. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Got this. Have spent an hour or two messing around with it.

Initial Impression: this needs improvement. The lack of dedicated pvp seems wrong, the interface is unclear, and the servers definitely need an upgrade.

But fuck it. I've got a Bulbasaur. Best game ever. 10/10 stars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Erotic Adventures of S

Yeah it is still obviously in the beta. I am sure they will add features as they go, especially PvP.

But here is by journey so far... I am in a Town called Esslingen in the South of Germany.

My town shown in game, the blue things are poke-stops, the blond girl is my avatar (By the way, there is no back button while setting up, so if you choose the wrong avatar or the wrong first pokemon there is no going back).

[​IMG]

Whats this? A wild Ratta appears!

[​IMG]

A Drowsey at my town gym! I'm not level 5 yet so I cant fight him. Multiple gyms in the area, but this is on the city council and seems bigger, so I think there are main gyms and smaller ones, I imagin Berlin would have a epic one.

[​IMG]

Right next to a fountain in town I find a Goldeen and Horsee!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then on the walk home this guy comes out of the sewer!

[​IMG]

This little fucker took 8 pokeballs to catch!

[​IMG]

And my catch of the day!

[​IMG]

Pretty fun so far, and you really do have to walk around! Its great for kids to get out and about, I would some how design PE classes around this, as it records the miles you walk make homework to catch 5 pokemon and walk 3 miles.

20. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I expected to have no interest whatsoever in this, but everyone seems hyped about it now (here and elsewhere). Looks like it's only for iOS and Android though, and I don't own a smartphone that runs those things. Maybe if I ever buy a tablet other than my current one?