1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

Technically if you've done the buddy thing for the eevee it doesn't need to be named anything special.

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Who else is still in playing?

The big news at the moment is a fairly massive ban wave and a solid effort to stop spoofing. And I can instantly see the results. So many gyms in town that were filled with 3000 plus are now switching more rapidly and are around 2500.

Just got the medal for gem 2, 70 down around 12 more to go. Hoping for a good Easter event.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Still playing, if you call "turn it on when you walk from the car to your building" and "check those two gyms at work every day" playing.

Most interesting thing to happen for me - apart from never seeing a single damn Chansey during the Valentines event - is that I've had a Gyrados in a gym since January. Hasn't been knocked out once, probably due to the tornado that came through and tore up the community about 12 hours after I put him there.

I think that's helped keep me logging in, honestly. Knowing that if I'd just turn it on when I get to work I can click that button that gives me 10 gold, and if I don't turn it on that 10 gold is just going to waste. Incentive.

4. Erotic Adventures of S

How are people doing? Just had two good events and I'm only 3 pokemon away for having all available bar two regionals.

Also apparently the big revamp of gyms and game are hitting in June ready for summer.

5. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Desperately hoping the gym rework includes changes to how movesets works. Nothing is more disheartening than walking a buddy >100km for candy only for it to be fucking worthless in the end.

6. Erotic Adventures of S

They need to scrap CP, and limit to one of each pokemon per gym. I also like the idea of NPCs orhaving type gyms so you train different teams.

7. Erotic Adventures of S

Massive revamp of the game. Gyms mostly but also functionality.

8. Ched

Read about some of it when I noticed an ICE pokemon in MISSISSIPPI in the SUMMERTIME... I immediately looked up WTF, especially when the Gyms ended up being inoperational. There was a Fire&Ice event and tada! Overhaul inc.

Will be an interesting update. I used a Lucky Egg to clear up some space and leveled up a few of my better Gym Defenders, since it looks like only one pokemon of a given type will be allowed in each Gym when they reopen.

Any idea on when they reopen? Google says 'soon' but ya know, is that tomorrow or next week?

Also... RIP Louie, the Gyrados who stayed undefeated in a Gym all the way from January to June. I will miss your free 10 coins every day.

9. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I've gathered the following:
    - Gyms may now only hold 6 pokemon. There cannot be repeating pokemon in a single gym.
    - Pokemon have a motivation stat while in gyms. Feeding them berries increases the stat, defeating them in battle lowers it. They start at a slightly lowered motivation, and lose more over time. Any berry works for feeding.
    - The hp and cp of the defending pokemon temporarily scales with motivation.
    - There are more gyms and they also give items similar to pokestops. A gym your team controls will give more and better items.
    - Feeding a berry to a pokemon from your team gives you 20 stardust.
    - Coins are awarded when a pokemon is kicked from a gym, at a rate of one per hour the pokemon was in the gym, rounded down. There is a cap of 100 per day.
    -There are now raid bosses appearing at gyms for people level 35 and higher. These are very strong pokemon that can be taken down by groups, giving each fighter a chance to capture them and get some nice rewards. I'm level 33, so I can't report from personal experience. Rumor has it that the necessary level will drop after the kinks are worked out.
    - It's pretty easy to get pokemon in gyms now, as no leveling of the gym is required. Taking down gyms is still time consuming, especially if defenders are hanging around with berries.
    - Interacting with gyms in various ways award badges for each individual gym that can be leveled up for better drops. I'm not sure yet on the details.
    -For those who have missed it, we've had type events for a bit, with a specific type becoming common for short periods of time, usually with an additional experience bonus.
    Edit: There are also apparently tms being released that can be used to change moves, which is super nice. These will probably be rewards for higher level gym badges.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  10. Ched

Level 35? What the fuck percentage of the player base is that?

11. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I am the 1%.

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It seems like they're just limiting it to 35+ temporarily in order to test it out on a wider audience. Plans to expand it to lower levels as they evaluate how it's working.

And there's something to be said for the people at 35+ who have never stopped playing and stayed loyally enjoying the game getting a little perk with the release of new content, I guess?

I'm only 32 and I've never stopped logging in, the people who are 35+ are damn dedicated.

13. Ched

I guess that's fair. I'm level 29 and I don't feel like I've spent THAT much time playing. I'd have quit by now if there wasn't a pokestop ten feet from my desk (can't reach it from my desk b/c no service) and a gym that I walk by to grab a coffee once or twice a day.

But that's really all the playing I've done, with a few exceptions when new stuff was out or I had a reason to sit/walk around. So I guess it's fair that I'm not considered remotely hardcore or loyal.

• Park car, grab bag, pop up the app while walking to building. Nab 3 pokestops.
    • Turn off app, go inside building, do work!
    • Coffee break, pop on app, walk across street to coffee shop, check gym. Nab 2 pokestops!
    • Go back to building, turn off app (it doesn't work inside).
    • Work done! Turn on app again to walk to car. Check gym again, nab pokestops.
    • If stopping for take out on the way home, pull into that one parking lot to check other gym.
    And above all else do NOT be seen playing Pokemon Go!

^ Level 29 folks. Booyah. Probably have it open <10 minutes on an average day. Exceptions are when I decide to combine it with kinda-sorta-not-really exercise, which happens generally once per 'event' in game.

14. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I just did my first raid, and it was rather easy - It was a 4300 CP Bayleef (not even Meganium), and it died in seconds to a group of 5. Got a few golden razz and revives, and we got to catch a a lvl 20 Bayleef.

Something to note - the Bayleefs did not all have the same IVs across those who caught it - one guy had a 15/15/x with 80%+ perfection, while mine was 75% perfection 13/10/11 (708 cp)

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I just got a raid pass from a gym. I'm super pumped.

My understanding is that there are five difficulty tiers for raiding. The bayleef was probably in one of the lowest.

16. Teyrn

Teyrn Order Member

So, having done some stuff on this today.

You currently cap out at 50 coins from gyms per day. Lame, but apparently to help deter spoofers from claiming every single gym or something?

Raids:
    You get 1 free raid pass per day (if you don't already have one), additional passes can be bought for 100coins ea.
    Each raid pass let's you fight one boss.
    Bosses are pretty easy.
    Tier 1 is stuff like Bayleef,etc.
    Tier 2 is Electabuzz/Magmar.
    Tier 3 (only one I've seen) was an Alakhazam. (ended up being 1600~ cp when caught, 22k cp when fighting)
    Tier 4 (According to someone who saw it) was a Lapras.

When you beat raids you get some rare candies/golden razz berries/small chance? at a Charged TM/etc.

You also get X amount of Premier Balls (More if your team owns the gym the raid was at/did the most damage/etc.)

Premier Balls do NOT go into your inventory. The amount you get is the amount you get to try to catch the raid pokemon.

17. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    It is possible to solo raids least up to lvl 3... i am hoping for a change at a tm, i have a couple of perfect iv pokemon with some shitty move sets

18. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

So all the level one raids in my entire vicinity today were Croconaws. Like I saw 4-5 of them, and nothing else.

I saw a level 3 Vaporeon up, and several lvl 3/4 eggs that hadn't hatched yet, but couldn't stick around the hour required to see what they turned into.

Also, my 1800 cp Venusaur solo'd the 5000 Croconaw, so that was easy.

19. Ched

I teamed with 2x random players to take down a 18k CP Machoke. I'd hoped to find something more interesting to fight (I already have a Machoke with good IVs) but it was the only convenient thing.

Didn't catch it anyway. Used a razzberry (not gold) on each throw, and hit 8/11 throws with a curveball and a nice/great/excellent. Humbugger.

20. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Fought a lv.1 Vaporeon and lv.1 Eggecutor yesterday.

Fought a lv.4 Tyranitar today, it was tough though, needed 7 players to team up against it.

It may be good to do a solo-run if you have the extra pass, it helps stock up on gold berries, premium balls though the high level raid bosses probably give rarer items (got a charge attack TM from the aforementioned Tyranitar).

I'm already organizing with local players to fight gyms together - there are lots in my area so depending on the time, I actually have a choice on what to fight. I'm still hoping for a good Fighting Type/a good pokemon with actually Fighting Type moves, to take on those fucking Snorlaxes and Blisseys.