1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Depending on what it is yes. I soloed a 18k lvl 3 jolteon without muxh problem.

2. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    A group of 4 tried to do a tyranitar ... We had no luck.. it did not ko all of our pokemon but we could not do enough dps... i guess for a lvl 4 raid.. depending on the pokemon you need a group of 7 at least. You can also keep battling on the same raid pass until you win or the time run out. It does not matter if you lose

3. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I saw a Tyrannitar spawn, and immediately spent my ticket on it, hoping spoofers showed up, if no one else. Of course, no one did, and I got my butt kicked.

Than another dude showed up, and the two of us together managed to get him down to almost half.

Than two more people showed up, with three phones between them, and we nearly got it.

Than 5 more people showed up, and we wrecked him.

With a golden razzberry and a great throw, I caught him on my first try!

Unfortunately, he was only 14/11/11, and has the worst charge move option (crunch instead of Stone Edge).

Doesnt matter though, Larvitar is my favorite pokemon, so if I ever do get a TM that bastard is the first person I'd hit with it.

I'm pretty happy!

4. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    i have seen 4 Tyrannitar and so far no luck beating it.. We had a group of 4 and got him down to 25% health left and ran out of time. If i had a group of 7+ it would have been easy. I am looking for the machamp raids.. I need one with close combat.

5. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

Question, if my Pokemon isn't knocked out, how can I collect pokecoins? I have a Mon in one gym for the last day and a half. If it isn't K.O.ed today then the coins will be wasted :mad:

6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You don't.

7. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

F*ck.
    /10char

8. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I've gotten two Tyranittars from raids, and now I think I'm gonna focus on Machamps for a bit, as they're gonna be the best way to kill Blisseys. Fuck Blissey.

The closer to 3,000 it is, the longer it takes to beat, and I've timed out against a 299x one before with a 3,075 Dragonite.

9. Rehio

High Score:
    Happy Birthday, Pokemon Go.

A lot of folks bitched that it wasn't the best game ever and didn't meet expectations of a Real Life Pokemon game, but I think they did a pretty fine job of it overall. And heck, they're not done updating.

Here's hopin' for some legendaries soon. The files have been mined, just gotta wait for the meet up and announcements.

10. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Actually redownloaded it since it's now summer in the northern parts of the world and you can actually enjoy being outside.

Noticed both my trainer club & google accounts has either been banned or dissapeared. I don't get the 'you've been terminated' stuff they say is supposed to appear when you're banned but I did spoof on both accounts and bot on one :shrug:

Started over again and reached level 17 in 2 weeks just casually playing when I'm walking somewhere, I remain dissapointed yet amused enough to keep checking it.

If only they'd taken the combat system of the actual games and made spawns a tad more rare, could've been way more fun, actually promoting a PvP aspect.

11. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

And Machamps are 4x against Tyranitars as well, with the proper moves, especially if you have and are willing to use TMs on them.

12. Rehio

High Score:
    https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/gosummerevents

Special bonuses in coordination with the Live PokemonGo event in Chicago. Challenges! \o/

Probably legendary Pokemon, considering the App Store in Italy fucked up and mentioned Legendaries coming to PokemonGo on accident.

Also, safari zones.

13. Legend3381

Legend3381 Seventh Year

High Score:
    I am excited for the safari zone.. I need some diversity when it comes to the pokemon i can get. the raid feature is keeping the game interesting. I still have not been able to catch a lvl 4 raid pokemon.. I just dont have any luck.

14. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Havent done a single raid, they need a better way to signal random groups for solo palyers.

15. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

My local cities facebook page set up several facebook messenger groups for different areas, so those are what we use to coordinate raids.

16. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

What if - A Different Pokemon Go?

Imagine a scenario in which Pokemon Go was made differently. Specifically: more similar to the original games.

Upon starting the game for the first time, the player is asked to set their name and character avatar. Then they are greeted by Professor Willow.

He briefly explains Pokemon to you and then lets you choose your starting Pokemon: Bulbasaur, Charmander or Squirtle.

After you pick one, you have the option to name it and then Professor Willow picks one too (with the type stronger than yours) and teaches you how to battle.

You see that your Pokemon is Level 5 (yes, level, none of that ridiculous CP stuff) and so is Professor Willow's Pokemon. The maximum level of a Pokemon would be 100, like in the original games, after that it stops gaining experience.

The players themselves would also gain experience by filling their Pokedex through capturing new pokemon. After capturing 10 different Pokemon, the player would be approached by Spark, Candela and Blanche and given the choice between Team Mystic, Instinct and Valor.

After you beat the Professor, he heals your Pokemon, gives you a Pokedex and five Pokeballs and Potions to start your adventure and sends you on your merry way.

You can then travel the world and encounter wild Pokemon. In order to catch a Pokemon, you have to fight and weaken it first. The level of the wild Pokemon would be generated to be around the level of the highest-leveled Pokemon in your party (so initially, your starter). The battle system is basically like in the original games, you can have 4 moves, etc. Basic stuff.

Around the world would be randomly placed Pokemon Centers where you can heal your pokemon and PokeMarts where you can purchase pokeballs, potions, and various items like TMs and evolution stones.

The players would also have the ability to fight each other, though they would both have to agree to it beforehand. Thanks to GPS tracking in smartphones, you'd be able to see other trainers moving on the map/radar and you could challenge them if they are close enough.

And finally, the Gyms. Gyms can only be accessed after capturing 30 unique Pokemon, they can only have up to six Pokemon in them, all of them have to be different and all of them have to be owned by different people of the same team.

So, what do you guys think? Any ideas, suggestions?

17. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

That sounds like making Pokemon Go into an actual game, which would make it interesting, which means of course Nintendo would refuse to go for it.

18. Myduraz

Myduraz Headmaster DLP Supporter

Sounds like a game I'd actually play rather than a gimmick on the bus.

19. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Serious question: why didn't they go for the standard pokemon battle system in the first place?

Sure, the way capturing works would probably have to be tweaked a bit to fit, but it's a system that was already there and well-defined and belonged to them. What made the way they did it instead more appealing from a design point of view?

20. Rehio

High Score:
    I feel like most of the "Why didn't they do ____" questions about PokemonGo can be answered with "That wasn't within their scope."

I don't think Nintendo was planning on this being a fully fledged game. They've always kept Pokemon spin-offs simple in comparison to the main titles. As much as everyone was hoping and dreaming for a revolutionary real-life Pokemon game, that was never the goal.