1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon HeartGold and SoulSilver

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by mknote, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Just wait until you fight Red. Unless you're going to uber-level or breed like crazy, then You-Gonna-Get-Raped :awesome

2. reggin

reggin Filthy Half-Breed DLP Supporter

http://www.googleitbitch.com/

I found mine there!

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hah, don't I know it! That was my team at about three days ago. I learned the hard way that Red is my better. My current team rests at

Arcanine LV54
    Jirachi LV50
    Meganium LV 47
    Giratina LV 60
    Gyarados LV 45
    Golem LV 47

I can take out two of his team with luck. Golem is torn apart with a single Iron Tail, but the crap accuracy gives me a fair chance of hitting with Earthquake and bringing it down instantly. Gyarados can be worn down eventually.

Then comes Charizard. I nearly had that fucker on the brink by giving up and putting in Giratina. He can Dragon Pulse me to death in three hits. I can likewise put him out in three hits, but his speed always goes first, and critical hits suck balls.

Revives just don't cut it for this battle, I need to dig up some more Max Revives in Sinnoh and ship them over.

4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    lolwut? The Kanto gym leaders were pushovers compared to Lance. Even with Gengar in my first play through and Weavile in my second, he was tough.

Red is a bawse but I already have a team levelled up to match him if I get sick of grinding this team.

5. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

People who say this tend to just be underage and jobless. You can get a ds on ebay for like 40 bux and the game itself is not that expensive.

6. reggin

I'm not broke by a long shot, but I did/do search and found a 100% working emu/rom. :rolleyes:

Also, 2 badges in and have a team like:

Pikachu lv15
    Bayleef lv15
    Growlithe lv15
    Psyduck ( :awesome ) lv 15

I plan on only going through this playthrough with 4.

Also,
    What does Mewtwo do? I'm curious.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    After over a dozen resets, my final trial against Red.

Kanto Gym Leaders compared to the league AND the Johto Gym Leaders, but still a challenge with an under 50-ish team.

Regardless, Red's my bitch now!
    Pikachu fell to Golem with a miss on Iron Tail, Earthquake+Ground Plate for a one hit blow. Son of a bitch had Lapras, and I'm pretty sure he had a Gyarados last time, but regardless that Lapras is the definition of a tank; super effective moves hardly dented it's health. Between Giratina soaking up abuse in return and Hyper Potioning every other turn, plus the occasional Swagger from Jirachi I managed to eventually take it out with half my team fainted.

Next came Charizard. Jirachi Swaggered to great effect, combined with Giratina as a shield and Flare Blitz missing almost every turn he got through the confusion. Hail comes through as needed but I'm on Jirachi to swagger again following a Full Restore from Red. I manage to get KO'ed as the Hail brings down Charizard, leaving me in the dark on who is next. I send out Arcanine and... out comes Blastoise, I'm thinking I'm fucked. I restore health to my swapped in LV 57 Venasaur and wait to die.

Not happening, Arcanine gets off with luck and I revive another pokemon rather than waste a Hyper Potion on Arcanine. Giratina gets sent out to Pressure away Blastoises moves. Slowly it wears down with Hail as I tank move of it's moves, using Hyper Potions about every second or third turn. I start reviving and using Hyper Potions on the others until Red Full Restores Blastoise.

Giratinas Special Defense falters on one blow and I hasten to use an X Sp. Def to recover and work on attacking. It goes down after a few hits, I Hyper Potion just before the final move, feeling pretty confident now.

Snorlax wrecks my hope. Crunch starts off just blowing away 2/3rds of Gira's health, Blizzard knocking off only about a hundred, hundred thirty. Aura Sphere or whatever it's called barely hurts it despite super effective and 90 power.

Between the damage it can do against me and Hail, Giratina faints. I'm feeling even worse. I can barely harm it, and I slowly sacrifice everyone to get Giratina and finally Jirachi back into this, but the damage from Blastoise lowering Gira's Sp. Def just about kills me, with Snorlax's Crunch now 1 hit KO'ing Giratina. Pressure doesn't even seem to be taking effect and I feel every one of the 15 power points Crunch has.

Red Full Restores like the fucker he is. I consider weeping in frustration. More revives, more Hyper Potions, my stock is being murdered, Swagger is barely working. Hail hits every turn, just about the only reliable thing I can count on. On the last turn he takes out Giratina and succumbs to Hail. I don't even know what I can count on. My last revive is gone, I'm stuck to about three Hyper Potions and seven Full Restores, plus two Bitter somethings that heal 50 HP apiece.

Out comes Venasaur. Thats it. I know it's over. I try anyway with Swagger on Jirachi, my last pokemon and thankfully brought to full health prior to Snorlax going down with Giratina. Venasaur outspeeds me and Sleep Powders. Successfully.

Right, par for the course, Blue Flute awakens and then comes Frenzy Plant. Steel subtype barely halts the blow with 20 something health left, which goes down to about 13 following Hail. I Hyper Potion, rinse and repeat. Eventually use Bitter item to bring Jirachi back to full health after Sleep Powder strikes, leaving it at 50-43 or so HP depending on chance from the Frenzy Plant. Still asleep, Hail's wearing away at both of us, I full restore to recover and my chance to strike back is lost again.

Finally, finally, I figure it out. Blue Flute as soon as Sleep Powder strikes, endure Frenzy Plant and Hail, now awake and attack with Psychic! Venasaur's health halts with 1-2 points remaining, I've got 13 after the last Hail strike when Frenzy Plant first hit. Now for the Hail attack of this turn, Venasaurs health hits zero and I feel relief that, should my calculations pay off from the previous turn, I would win. Hail ends with Jirachi at 2 points! Battle over! I survived with completely exhausted supplies, no revives, no hyper potions, no full restores, a single potion to my name and an asskicking both received and given back in turn!!

Cue buttload of cash, leveling up, startled response of "...!" from Red, and the sorry fucker vanishing from sight after the screen returns and flashes black for a moment. Fade out to credits! HAHAHAHA!!

Stats after battle:
    31:48(time in battle, one hour)
    Golem LV 47
    @
    Earthplate.
    Giratina LV61
    @
    Exp. Share.
    Jirachi LV 52
    @
    BrightPowder.
    Arcanine LV 54
    @
    Razor Fang.
    Venasaur LV 57(A non-factor, consider it never got a blow in and was knocked out every time it was in use)
    @
    Focus Band.
    Gyarados LV 45
    @
    Choice Scarf.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I lol'd at the description of the battle. I could feel your hope and frustration :D.

9. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

I lol'd at you using legendarys. It always seemed like a cheap way out for me. Not fighting Red yet but I have a general match-up decided. His Snorlax used to always give me grief in the past but now it's going to be my bitch. My Metagross has a Hammer Arm with his name on it. ;)

10. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Empoleon, Scizor and Metagross raped Red. I expected to have to use Sacred Ash but in the end a few hyper potions did it. You can battle him again, can't you?

11. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I don't know, but they should have given him better pokemon.

12. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

You have to defeat the Pokemon league again before Red reappears. Or at least you needed to in G/S/C.

Currently have 10 badges but am attempting to catch the roaming legendaries. It's becoming an immensely frustrating experience and I've been at it for 3 hours, maybe 4. Entei has <10hp and Raikou is paralysed with a smidgen over red hp, but I can't catch either after upwards of 40 ultra balls. I'm having my Gengar use Mean Look so they don't run immediately, but both are insistent on not being captured and using Roar within four turns. Latios will be easier, since it doesn't know a move to force you to run. Saving Master Ball for someone else, probably Mewtwo.

Gengar 53
    Magmortar 52
    Feraligatr 55
    Heracross 54
    Honchkrow 55
    Ampharos 58

Last edited: May 2, 2010
  13. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Red with some Legendaries.. :awesome

14. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

Replace Red's Lapras with a Regigigas... and you'll be shitting bricks from permanent whiteouts. :awesome

Edit: And on that note, finding out that Red's espeon was replaced made me sad. Why the heck did they replace it with a lapras? It just lowered his difficulty by a lot. :/

15. reggin

[​IMG]

This.

16. Solomon

Solomon Heir

17. reggin

18. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Fuck your English names, mknote. I play the infinitely more hip Japanese version. :awesome

Anyway, for future reference, if I confuse Pokemon/move names, chalk it up to me searching the japanese wiki with the names i'm used to, then re-searching it to find the english names, and then getting them all jumbled up in my head :p

I'm currently breeding for a sandstorm party, opinions would be great. Also, suggestions for the sixth pokemon would be awesome. :awesome

Tyranitar: Earthquake, Stone Edge, Fire Blast, Aerial Ace
    Gliscor: Earthquake, Substitute, Protect, Guillotine
    Empoleon: Ice beam, Agility, Substitute, Surf
    Torterra: Earthquake, Crunch, Wood Hammer, Stone Edge (might use Stealth Rock instead of Crunch)
    Shuckle: Encore, Wrap, Toxic, Sleep

19. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Anyway... I'm starting up a hardcore run of HG for the lulz. Anyone else want to join me?

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I planned to keep Jirachi around as a good psychic from the start, but Giratinas continual +4 Sp. Def and +4 to +5 to HP on every level up from about Azalea Town and LV 1 onward changed my mind about leaving it in a PC box post-creation.

The Red battle is the first time I've actively engaged Gira in a fight. The rest of the time it's just been soaking up EXP from the rest of the teams encounters as a trophy.

Thank you :D