1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Delos, May 7, 2014.

1. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Gen 3 has the most psuedo legendaries iirc. Def wanna use Metagross and Salmance for old times sake.

2. Rah

Rah Death Eater

It's all about that Flygon action :)
    Though Salamance is one of my favorites ever!
    I wonder if we can expect mega evolutions to be a part of it.

3. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Well... this is Absol's generation. So god I hope so.

4. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen Swellow?
    And of course I can't forget Goober, the Swalot!

5. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

C'mon, you know all you're going to get nothing but a never ending swarm of fucking Zigzagoon and Poochyena.

6. Wynter

Wynter Order Member

Aggron is where it's at, a hulking monster made of metal and rock, bitches were always going down.

7. Quill Of Justice

Quill Of Justice Squib

Considering the fact that mega evolutions were a part of x and y, there is a high probability that there will be mega evolutions in omega ruby and alpha sapphire. And if im not mistaken then the mega evolutions were a part of x and y that everybody loved so nintendo will probably continue with them. Also if you look on the covers that are being shown (not sure if they are fake) then you can see both groudon and kyogre look different and those might be their mega evolutions. Of course I may just be over analysing things and be completely off. Anyways I like to believe that the question isn't if there are gonna be mega evolutions but which Pokemon's will have mega evolutions.

8. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

I remember breeding a Rock Head Aron back in the day and then teaching it Double Edge.

The trainers of Hoenn knew the face of fear.

Ask not for who the horn blows. It blows for thee.

9. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Guys. Guys. Leaks leaks leaks!

Essentially all just redesigns for the main trainers and the Team Aqua/Magma folk, some little screenshots here and there, and the new Mega-Evolutions. Bit of Steven Stone action. Swag levels are off the charts, as always. But still! Hype!

EDIT: Maxie and Archie make me lol the most. Maxie looks like Percy Weasley putting on the flame-coloured Nazi chique look. Archie is fuckin' pirate king over here. Given how Archie won the PokeSpecial manga RSE arc instead of Maxie, this does feel right that Archie is swingin' a bigger hammer. It's okay Maxie man, I'm here for you.

EDIT 2: Suck it Tabitha. You always sucked. And now you look more like you suck. Courtney, you did good. I'll allow it. Matt, Shelley, whatevs. Magma forever. They're crazier. They fuckin' tried to make all of Hoenn into land. After all those goddamn Hoenn sea routes, I CAN FUCKING SYMPATHISE.

EDIT 3: Still rooting for character customisation ala X/Y to still be a thing here, if only because I want to see the dimension collapse in on itself when I try changing Brendan's hat into something that won't be mistaken as his natural fuckin' hair.

EDIT 4: Mmm Steven-i-licious.

EDIT 5: No Wally sighting. Of course he'll be there, but still. Want that little shit to have a bigger role. I need me more rival battles dammit.

EDIT 6: New May is hereafter referred to as June. Because it's funny.

EDIT 7: Mega Sceptile will get all the bitches. Mega Swampert will get all the bitches and cuddle afterwards, like hardcore. Mega Blaziken appears to be a Fire/Fighting type, still. Dammit. Can't win 'em all, huh.

EDIT 8: Fuckin' Team Aqua. Why even bother guys, Magma's way better.

EDIT 9: I'm actually only editing this one time. Hype!

EDIT 10 (2) (But not like 10-2) ('Cause, like, 10-2 never works out.) (That's a Final Fantasy joke, kids.) (I mean, I thought it wasn't that bad.) (But I loved 13 and 13-2, so my opinion is irrelevant to some people.) (Asshole people): Acro and Mach Bikes are back. WE ARE GOING TO BOUNCE ALL OVER HOENN. BITCHES.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

HYPE!

Mega Swampert is obviously the most boss-ass starter there...but Mega Sceptile is a fucking grass dragon. A new typing we haven't seen before. Shiiiiit.

But I don't need another dragon with 4x weakness to ice, so I'll take the 4x weakness to grass and deal with it.

11. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Mega Swampert looks like he's been popping steroids.

12. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

To me he looks a little less like other mega evolutions with the "throw some bangles on him" and I really like that.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    May, what happened to your ass and thighs? =/

14. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    lol Brenden looks cross-eyed.

15. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I can't stop laughing at Maxie's tubby right hand man vs Archie's lumbering pirate giant. Poor Magma. At least you showed up.

16. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

17. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Welp, looks like I'm going for Alpha Sapphire this gen. I just can't take Team Magma seriously after this reveal(and after Team Flare beforehand). Team Aqua look boss and worthy of being a threat to the region.

Also, Swampert FTW. Double also, I expected more out of Brendan/May's redesigns.

18. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Did I see right, Mega Sceptile's Ability is Lightningrod? How does that make sense? Meh, Still going with Treeko as my starter, cuz i fucking love that guy and Mega Sceptile still looks badass. Gen 3 is also one of the only gens I prefer the Grass starter. (The other is where it's a 40/40/20 split between Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle)

But yeah, Alpha Sapphire is probably gonna be my go to, because Team Magma looks fucking lame as shit. Maybe Omeba Ruby will win me over if they reveal something else, like Mega Mightyena that will actually make me use a goddamn Poochyena.

EDIT: Not that I'm saying it's likely, just that it's an example of what could potentially win me over.

19. fire

fire Order Member

Fuck all you mudkip-lovers and treecko-huggers.

Mega Blaziken with speedboost is the way to go, kicking everyone's ass with his fucking flaming talons at +6 speed.

20. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

Lightning rod is a stellar ability for double battles, which Game Freak loves to encourage.

Edit @fire: Swift Swim boosted water STAB in the rain says fuck your chicken. M Swampert for life.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014