1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by PomMan, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Which version are you planning to get?

1. Sun

48.8%
  2. Moon

51.2%
  1. Matheusppauli

Matheusppauli Squib

High Score:
    This game looks so cool! Last Pokemon I properly played was Heart Gold (I still play the TCG doe) maybe it is time to get back to it? The only question I have for you guys is about what is the best DS to currently have? I stopped in the 3DS XL

2. irrelevance

irrelevance First Year

The best 3DS is the N3DS XL. In general it offers minor upgrades over the 3DS XL in all areas. Faster CPU, more RAM, two new digital shoulder buttons, one new c-stick style input and far better 3D. It downloads games faster and improves system app loading times. Very few games take advantage of it though. There are only a few exclusives and a few games with enhancements.

Off the top of my head Xenoblade and Binding of Issac: Rebirth are exclusive. Monster Hunter has better textures, Smash Bros. has better loading times, Hyrule Warriors has better framerate, Pokémon Sun and Moon have better framerates and initial loading time.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2016
  3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Holy shit, chaining a shiny Mimikyu is incredibly annoying with the Disguise ability and False Swipe not working.

I managed it, though, and he is a lovely little creepy bastard.

4. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, that's done. Best game the Pokemon franchise has put out in a good long while as far as I'm concerned. Will definitely play again and I hope there's a sequel coming at some point. So much potential to show how the Alola Region handles the growing pains of transitioning into a 'modern' League structure.

Though, I have to give the game a hearty fuck you for forcing me into that epilogue battle with Tapu Koko with zero warning or opportunity to save. I didn't have nearly enough Ultra Balls to have a realistic try at catching a Legendary and had to burn my Master Ball to get the capture. Thankfully I wasn't intending to bother doing postgame stuff on this run anyway and didn't save after finishing watching the ending. No time, new Path of Exile league about to start and there's Final Fantasy XV to consider as well.

Next time will be a Nuzlocke though, whenever that is.

5. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've noticed the further I get into the game the more I seem to be dropping frames. Just cleared the ghost trial and the frame rate is garbage. It's to be expected on a 2DS but I'll be fucked if I'm upgrading just before Switch comes out.

6. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

You can also just KO Tapu Koko on your next run and capture him like the next day, he can be summoned again by clicking his totem.

7. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

Every game takes advantage of it if more people would just overclock the darn thing.

It's not even overclocking! o3ds games run at o3DS clockspeeds and block off access to the extra L2 cache, so all you're really doing is telling the device to run at n3ds spec clockspeeds/cache and boom you get a big performance boost in pretty much every game.

I think there's a grand total of like, two fairly obscure games that it causes problems with but even then it's pretty simple to switch back in Luma3ds or NTR.

8. Jarsha

Jarsha Seventh Year

Can only grab the guardians after you beat the Elite four - and they're awesome, so make sure to save scum for a good nature.

9. sildet

sildet Sixth Year

Saw this on reddit:
    [​IMG]

10. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Holy shit, even Sylveon's pokedex entry is metal.

11. Otters

Otters Groundskeeper ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Gengar is still one of my favourites: “Should you feel yourself attacked by a sudden chill, it is evidence of an approaching Gengar. There is no escaping it. Give up.”

This game is marketed for ages 3+

Give up, tiny child. Your death approaches with each passing chill. Bonus points for the game being released in November.

12. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    They definitely have a new, 20-something Dex designer who grew up playing Pokemon. It's all sorts of macabre and it's amazing.

In fact, the whole game is a nod to older audiences. Moreso even than HG/SS Cloyster/Onix shenannigans.

That guy in the meadow despairing that his gf is a hoe for example, or Team Skull's crippling self esteem issues.

It's all lolz.

13. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Finally finished both games - Moon was a Nuzlocke, made sure to do every big battle in it blind, Sun was just the "relax and fuck around" run. Was a brutal Nuzlocke to say the least - lost my starter fighting Hala, Totems (and their crit rates) took out half my teams at least three times, Lusamine's fucking Mismagius and Hau's cunt Raichu became my mortal enemies - and I ended up wiping out against the Champion, but hey, it wasn't all bad; my nicknaming scheme for the run was all Shakespeare characters, and losing Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in the same battle was more hilarious than I could say. T'was better to have Nuzlocke'd and lost, then to have never Nuzlocke'd at all...

Had awesome times, overall. Great new mechanics/tweaks, trials were fun as hell, nailed it character and story wise (no immediate plot bunnies to later abandon come to mind yet, but give me time). Game also definitely handled the first gen dick sucking better than X/Y, though could've done with a few more Alolan form Pokemon - because it's both such a cool concept I hope to see return (especially in D/P remakes, Sinnohan forms amirite) and it would've helped remedy my ongoing inner monologue of "new area okay okay what Pokemon are going to be... yep, first gen Pokemon, and there's another, and another, and another... ooh a second gen all right that's a good sign... nope back to first gen, then another, still comin'... OH MY GOD A FIFTH GEN THIS GAME IS SAVED... but then back to first gen, and again..." (Real talk, Colress and Grimsley's cameos were absolutely snuck in by rebellious designers telling the real long-time fans to stay true to themselves amidst the genwunning that already hadn't done X/Y any favours, and I love them for it. Fight the powah.)

Also, best girl Guzma, all others go home. EDIT: I made the "best girl Guzma" as a joke/partial truth to hide the real best girls Lillie/Gladion/Hau/Lusamine/Mallow/everyone else who was cool, but I just remembered Anabel's reappearance. There. That's the true best girl. EDIT 2: Just got that first plot bunny. It involves the wormholes, their easy crossover potential with HP/DF/anything (make ____ a Faller. Free brief amnesia and everything. Done.), some weird new Ultra Beasts, and Anabel. Nailed it.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  14. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  15. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Finally finished Sun. Excellent game, probably the best Pokemon I've played. I loved the new graphics, character designs, and it was really nice to have an actual story for once. Lillie grew on me, and Skull was one of the better teams. The trials were cool and refreshing.

It did feel a bit too linear and I felt like the professor was stalking me though. Post-game could have been longer, and leveling is a pain again. Definitely feels like the first game in a generation - the next one will probably have better post-game/competitive stuff, move tutors, breeding, that shit.

So many waifus. Love it.

16. Rehio

High Score:
    Tapu Fini.

I love you Pokedex.

17. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I’d like to file a complaint.

I discovered there was a shopping mall on the first island I completely missed. In it was a clothing store with bags that cost more than a house. Over 300k for one bag.

Now, I can't complain too much since I completed the UB mission and got

[​IMG]
    But come on.

18. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Can I get an ELI5?

19. The Iron Rose

The Iron Rose Chief Warlock

If you hack your n3ds you can force it to use its more powerful processor and l2 cache all of the time instead of only for specific games and then only when called for. It's not unsafe because the n3ds ships with a more powerful CPU and RAM so it's not really over clocking, but those get blocked off for compatibility purposes in non-n3ds exclusive games. It can bump performance a bunch, especially in X/Y and Ruby/Sapphire at least.

20. Rehio

High Score: