1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Sword and Shield (Gen 8)

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Feb 27, 2019.

1. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The GTS thing is just a symptom of GF clearly not giving a fuck, though.

2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

I'm almost certain that it's going to be to try to upsell people on a Pokemon Home subscription. (Which is $$ on top of the Switch subscription cost.)

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    So do I have to pay extra money if I want to trade Pokemon with friends?

4. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Not sure. Probably (hopefully) not?

The fact that the question has to be asked at all is telling.

5. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Putting something up in Wondertrade always worked well for me. Finding trades from the lists not so much because all the actual good trades get snatched up fast, only leaving those stupid legendary trades.

Still worked way better for trading than wondertrade if you actually wanted to receive a certain pokemon (that is not a regional Rattata equivalent).

6. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The GTS was a broken system that was barely used. There's a reason /pokemontrades is so popular, it's because you could leave a perfectly viable trade on the GTS for days and have no luck at all.

In contrast, Wondertrade was a far, far better system and I'm glad they only renamed it. The only concern I have is that Wondertrade was largely maintained by breeders who had boxes of starters and date Pokémon kicking around. Now that breeding has been hit so massively I wonder if the quality in surprisetrade will suffer.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    lolwat. Random lvl5 Gigantimax Meowth (Whatever that means) from the mystery gift at the very beginning of the game...
    --- Post automerged ---
    I dunno if this is new, but I fucking love that there's a clothes shop (in the first town!) and you can super customize your avatar with it. Lots of slots to buy clothes for: Shirt, jacket, pants, socks (lol), shoes, bag, hat, glasses and gloves. Impressed by that.

8. Cjonbloodletter

Cjonbloodletter Professor

So there are people already doing let's plays and I hate them just a little because I have to wait to pick up mine until tonight. How dare other people who aren't me have this game already.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    Again, bare with me bc idk what's new.

I have mixed feelings about the nature of the 'Wilds' or whatever that are outside the second city.

I think it's really cool seeing all the Pokemon running around - only in the second area and my Corvisquire is grinding on lvl 15ish Machops - and the powerful Pokemon patrolling the area in between are cool too.

They seem to be totally random though and out of place. Why is there a Haunter and Onix just walking around in an open field? It seems like the Pokemon that spawn are random (I've not seen two of the same species ), which kind of breaks the effect. I do like how high level they are though.

Caught a lvl 16 Roselia (so adorable, the tiny little thing). Too bad it had a garbage nature. I'd have benched stick monkey immediately.

Also squealed when I saw Haunter... until i encountered and found out it was level 36 x.x

10. Cjonbloodletter

And I'm in, got my Scorbunny (Now named Bunicula), though honestly Sobble almost made me change my mind.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    WTF!

Where the hell is Toxic? I can't see it on the TM lists and trying to google 'toxic' with pokemon right now is an exercise in futility...

How the fuck do I build Umbreon without Toxic?! o_O This is so stupid... gonna make me build Espeon...

As for my team right now? Gyarados, Growlithe, Eevee and Corvisquire lolll...

12. Cjonbloodletter

Maybe they only have toxic in the one off tms the now. Or maybe it's a tutor move. That said I heard a lot of Pokemon no longer learn it, though I have no clue how accurate this is.

I'm rolling with Scorbunny, Rookidee, Yamper, Tyrogue, and a Chewtle.

So far I've been having fun with the max raids, though I haven't played with any non AIs yet.

13. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Toxic has been removed from the game entirely. No TM, no level up, no transfering in mons who already know it. Same shit happened to Return, Pursuit, etc.

EDIT: Also, disable autosave! Apparently there's a bug that can wipe your SD card.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  14. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  15. Gengar

High Score:
    Well I've seen the TM and RM(?) Lists and it's not there, so I'm assuming the 'removed' list is just a guesstimate based off data mining?

16. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

tbh. with how things are looking I'll probably wait until Pokemon: Gunblade comes out.

17. Seratin

High Score:
    How things are going? It's getting fantastic reviews across the board. Ignore the neckbeard bitches.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

It may shock you to learn but there are actually valid complaints that exist for this game that can't be dismissed purely through mah fandom.

[​IMG]

19. Arthellion

Arthellion Lord of the Banned ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

20. Seratin

High Score:
    Valid complaints are valid but declaring a game shit on twitter without even playing it like the majority of these dweebs is just offensively lazy.

What about the good aspects of the game? The wild area? The scrapping of tutorials? The design detail? At what stage is Nintendo supposed to draw the line with how many Pokémon they can cram into a game?

When it hits 1100? 1300?

Also multiple reports are out that the frame rate problems are bullshit. Game runs smooth.

Well what about Nintendo reusing the 3D models? That's based in a wireframe photo on 4chan, something that anyone could whip up in half an hour. If it's true, fair enough but do the models look bad? No, they look clean as fuck.

Also people aren't reporting things like moves have unique animations for the Pokémon that use them. A scorbunny tackle will have the model kick the opponent while a wooloo's tackle is more akin to rollout.

"But Seratin, they should have taken the time to do the other 400 models, cram them in along with the individual moves. That's what we deserve!"

Okay but they have a timeline to release. TCG and the anime are both releasing and people forget that GameFreak don't make the decisions in regards to launch times. They're told they have to have a game ready for a certain phase.

I don't mind criticism of the game but I can't abide mindless criticism. There's two sides to every story and a hell of a lot of people worked hard to deliver a game.

Btw, it's breathtakingly good.