1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon tournament - NU

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Beat Hello and his magical sleep-defying powers. :D

Could have gone a lot differently if he'd called his Pokemon in a different order however.

EDIT: Actually, it occurs to me that Hello might be a chick. If so, sorry. D:

2. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I just beat Vash. Good game all 'round. All that's left in this bracket is Seratin Vs Tuiz, right?

3. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

And Red vs. pdo.

EDIT: Updated outstanding battles:

Oz vs. Aekiel
    Seratin vs. *Tuiz*
    Red vs. pdo91

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  4. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    [​IMG]

Palindrome = mknote.

I beat *tuiz* somewhat fortunately. It looked like it would be close but I think my reserve bro would have handled it. :D

5. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

Okay. It's been almost an entire week.

Battle... please?

/whine

6. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'm still waiting on Red and pdo, and if they have battled I would like a confirmation on who won.

7. Seratin

High Score:
    I've been hesitant about disqualifying the battle seing as Red is the champion. They get 2 days.

8. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Yeah, I've been trying to find Red for the past few weeks.

Red, if you're around, I'm going to be here for the next ~7 hours. Get your ass on IRC.

9. Seratin

High Score:
    Ok, Red's disqualified.

Aekiel/Oz and Pdo/Chaos. Gogogo.

10. Seratin

High Score:
    Aekiel/Oz.

Red/Pdo.

This is taking fucking ages. I can't disqualify Aekiel/Oz because I meet the winner in the next round. As it is, I'm leaving it up to Lutris to decide when and who gets chucked out between the four of you. Sometime saturday perhaps?

11. Oz

We keep missing each other by moments. I had an exam today so I was pretty busy, but I'll be online 5 - 7 tomorrow.

12. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

I'm usually on anytime after 3pm, so if Pdo would just send me a pm for when we can battle, that would be fine.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Sweet, I don't have work until Monday after tonight so I'll be on late afternoon too. Just make sure you're there, Oz. :p

14. Oz

K, it finally happened. My beautiful Espeon managed to sweep after Aek OHKO'ing my two opening Pokémons. :x

15. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, it sucked balls. I made a mistake in changing out my golem instead of just earthquaking the bitch to death.

EDIT: Yeah, substitute is fucking annoying on an Espeon.

Played a couple of other games just for fun and completely raped him once with my Drifblim, and on that note, my team:

This was my trollmon, and was my epic opener for the entire part of the tournament I was in. Hypnosis had an all but perfect hit ratio, and followed by Dream Eater and Thunder was more than awesome at taking out shit. Once they changed out and hit me with something powerful my focus sash activated (since I'd purposefully lowered its defensive/HP IVs so that it had as little health as possible) and I got to sneak in an explosion/hypnosis again (if I'd killed their opener, bloody sleep clause >_>).

A good all round pokemon with decent attack stats that helped me get past some of the trickier mons out there. Ice Punch is devastating in its hands, if I get the hit in first, since it can 2HKO most types weak against ice. Didn't do so well against grass types, and got absolutely raped by every Espeon that came along. Kind of average for this tier, I think.

Supposedly an awesome mon but I just didn't see it happen. Maybe I should have given it a focus sash too, since this was one of my most OHKO'd pokemon. Knock Off was a huge mistake since anything I'd use it against just kicked my ass afterwards, and the mons I did switch this in against were generally the ones that raped my openers, since psychic type did well against my movesets. Tried Wishing then switching to my next mon:

But it didn't work too well. Apart from my first battle I never got past Regigigigigigigas' Slow Start ability. That thing kills pretty much all the functionality of this mon since it halfs its attack and speed stats for the first five turns, so I pretty much had to hide behind substitutes until that happened, which rarely worked since I'd always seem to go up against another substituter that would be faster than Regi. That said, it absolutely owned in my battle against pdo. I got past the slow start and just Giga Impacted his team to death. It was beautiful.

Definitely one of my weakest picks this one, since I had it solely for Stealth Rock. Setting up SR is difficult if you don't get your starter to do it, and Golem is hilariously weak to pretty much every moveset available to NU tier mons. Seriously, I have 3 water types in my team and I didn't run into a single team that didn't have a STAB water type attack to use against me. That said, I at least got to use explosion a couple of times. When I wasn't OHKO'd.

This was another hit or miss one where if it did well it did really well but if it didn't it got owned. Water/Ground type does well against this tier since it's only weak against grass (which is the type most of my team sucks against, as well as psychic) and I managed to troll a couple of people with Earthquake and Bounce. Trolling with Bounce is especially hilarious, since Whiscash is one of the fast pokemon in the tier and it's nice to see bug mons happily sail underneath it as I launch into the air.

All in all I think I had a decent team, but I definitely ran in to a couple of problems with Silens and Oz. Silens simply outplayed me, and Oz had a team that seemed purpose built to defeat mine.

Anyways, good games fellas, and good luck to you, Oz.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2010
  16. Oz

17. Oz

18. Seratin

High Score:
    Mknote, you're up, faggot.

Chaos and Pdo. Get your shit together by tomorrow night or you're gone.

19. Oz

I have built an entirely Normal type team! Come battle me at #pokemanz

20. Seratin

High Score:
    I won against mknote. I have to say, it was a pretty fucking epic battle and I was convinced I was staring at a loss at one point. Fair play.

[​IMG]

Pdo, Chaos: Sorry guys but it was taking too long.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010