1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Sableye is weak because Dark/Ghost has no weakness. Spiritomb is not, which is why it's so hard to get. A non-shitty DarkGhost that isn't difficult to get would be gamebreaking, because it cannot be trumped in a game that is basically a Rock Paper Scissors Mexican Standoff.

Dual type moves would also be broken, for obvious reasons.

And so would fourth-tier evolutions.

Really, I just sort of get the feeling that you want OP things.

Personally, I would like to see more 'alternate' evolutions. It keeps things interesting. I think we need a new Eevee. Not a new Eevee evolution. A new Eevee-type Pokemon.

2. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Sableye being weak makes him worthless. There's no point to using him as any other ghost or dark type would be infinitely better if you just switch them out when you come across someone with their counter-type.

Spiritomb being difficult to get would be fine if it wasn't a trade-only type of scenario, where you can only access him by participating in the underground thing. It wouldn't be gamebreaking at all and if you did any sort of competitive pokemanz you'd know that. His lack of resistances hurts him way more than a dark weakness would.

A rain-sweeper will OHKO a dark/ghost with a surf either way. Being without weakness doesn't mean you can shrug off attacks or function as a sweeper yourself. In OU, Spiritomb is an anti-stall because of pressure more than anything. Introducing a new dark/ghost available in solo play-throughs would hardly be gamebreaking, unless you just don't understand what gamebreaking means. Some pokemon are stronger than others, that's kind of how pokemon works. It's quite a bit more than rock-paper-scissors, in fact.

Dual type moves would only be broken if implemented poorly. An earthquake that dealt half ground/half fire damage and had resistances applied normally means that you get better type coverage in a way but also can't 1shot electrics with it.

And how on earth would fourth-tier evolutions be broken? Just having a fourth evolution makes a pokemon broken? Again, only if implemented poorly. I'm not suggesting the starters become god-mon at level 50 or something, but I think that an added evolution in the Salamence/Dragonite/Tyranitar lines would make a lot of sense thematically, while a fourth stage in bug-type evolutionary lines would make them quite a bit better. Excluding Volcarona/Genesect, bug types suck horribly or are very niche. An evolution to butterfree could give it the stat boost it needs to be useful beyond the first two gyms.

Really, I just sort of get the feeling that you are needlessly condescending.

Personally, fuck your attitude.

3. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

Churchey, while I agree with you about most of your post, you should know that sableye are anything but shit. Prankster/Will-o-wisp say fuck you to most anything.

4. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

My mistake, never heard of that but sounds like an excellent counter to a physical sweeper.

5. Lord Raine

Getting better type coverage is exactly why it would be broken. Coverage is the only thing stopping Special Sweepers from raping absolutely everything. Especially since a well-made one already kind of can, if you pick the right Pokemon and use the right TMs and breeding.

You want quad evolutions, attacks that do multiple damage types simultaneously, and powerful, easily acquired Pokemon that have no type weakness, but I'm the asshole for pointing out how gamebreaking that is?

How about fuck your munchkining?

6. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

No, you're an asshole because you're an asshole. Also your argument covers 1/4th of my post and ignores the rest. For the one part you do cover: are you actually saying that type is the only thing that matters in an ability? Because I'm pretty sure abilities are based on quite a bit more than that.

Finally, you really don't understand what gamebreaking means. I should have done this after dragging through the crap you posted in the Cold Days thread, but I'll just put you on ignore for now. If you want to continue this conversation, feel free to PM me, but I'm not going to restate my post after you offer no real counter argument.

7. Lord Raine

Meanwhile, in the world unrelated to petty dramafaggotry, we have more information about XY.

- It is not a reboot.
    - It's scheduled for release in October.
    - We have a confirmation on the two title Legendaries and their names.
    - More information and screenshots seem to suggest that the new area is the Pokemon universe expy of Europe. Some buildings look like the Eden Project in Cornwall, and there's a very deliberate Eiffel Tower expy-structure in the middle of one of the cities.

This is Xerneas.

[​IMG]

And this is Yveltal.

[​IMG]

I doubt it is coincidence that one of them is shaped like a giant Y, and the other would be a giant X if it's legs weren't crossed. Also, they both seem to be energy beings, or at least partially so.

Sauce

More on this as it unfolds.

8. Hero of Stupidity

Hero of Stupidity Villain of Sensibility ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reminds me of this.
    [​IMG]

A legendary animal in Eurasia.

9. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Yet still majestic as fuck.

10. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    If you did this yourself, than you spent waaay too much time on it. Yet I approve.

11. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Not me; fairly certain it's from /vp/ originally. Which makes perfect sense, really.

12. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Calling the deer to be steel fighting and bird to be psychic flying.

13. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    There's no way the deer will be a fighting-type. We already had four fighting deer last gen. I'm guessing steel/psychic for the deer, and flying/dark for the bird.

Also, it looks like I'm breaking my tradition of choosing the grass starter for my first play through of the gen. No way am I touching a Pokemon that stupid-looking. Fire fox, here I come~

14. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

D'aw, but he's cute! Much better than most of the other grass starters, with the exception of that turtle one that turned into Torterra or whoever.

15. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

Started a meme?

Started a meme.

16. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

People said that about Oshawott and then stared in envy when its final evolution was a badass looking samurai/otter thing.

Now as I look at this grass starter, it reminds me of that same ugly cute thing from Gen V. Guess which one I'll be getting first? :>

17. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Professor

[​IMG]
    I've just had a thought Pokemon X and Y might have something to do with chromosomes, it's just a random thought and probably not right, but if you look at the logo there is something which appears to ressemble DNA.

18. Hero of Stupidity

High Score:
    [​IMG]

19. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know if it's been confirmed, but general consensus is that X and Y represent axes on a graph, and that the third game out will be Z. For the whole 3D thing.

20. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump