1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon X and Y

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Aerylife, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Wow, I could never have the patience to MM as much as you did. I wonder if the odds of meeting a shiny in the friend safari are much higher as well? Just ran into a shiny abra yesterday and the odds of that happening naturally are astronomical. Luckily I captured it on a critical capture quick ball before he teleported.

2. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've personally never felt like breeding for shinies, since the chance of them having perfect IVs is so damn low. I'd rather have a perfect Pokemon than a shiny one.

3. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Bunnelby is my MVP. Rock Smash/Strength/Cut/Surf. Next thing yknow he'll helicopter his ears for me and I'll have fly as well.

Anyone have an electabuzz+electrizer/electivire they will trade me?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So. I chose Chespin as my starter :D I tried nuzlocking, but I couldn't resist capturing a pikachu, the noise they make is fcking awesome. I'm about to be at the first gym, any items I should know about in that town? Thx

5. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Sure, add me and send a trade request.

6. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Thanks I appreciate it! Let me know if you need anything and I'll do my best to repay

7. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Oops, sorry I didn't notice you wanted an electrizer as well for the evolution. When I get around to doing Battle Maison, I'll grab another electabuzz with it attached.

8. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Nah I can get that myself no worries, just nice having access to the electabuzz.

9. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Ah, cool then. Let me know if you want anything else.

That applies to other DLPers as well. If I have it, I'll send it over.

10. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

Where'd you get the electabuzz btw?

11. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Friend safari most likely, I have one as well.

12. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Friend Safari

13. Rah

Rah Death Eater

Picked up Y last week but I just started playing today because of college work. I'm soft resetting right now trying to get a shiny ninja. :)
    Do you guys think its worth it to go for a shiny this way? I've never really worried about shinies before this gen but shiny greninja looks badass.

Also what would be the best way to go about getting a protean Greninja? I'm guessing it'd probably be a trade (at least for me since I'm not entirely sure on how to be breed hidden abilities into a pokemon).

14. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

It depends on how much you want it. There was a guy who spent two months soft resetting for a black Rayquaza, and I would never waste that much time on one shiny.

15. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

You could probably beat the game and breed for it more quickly and then guarantee yourself some good IVs.

16. Lord Raine

Lord Raine Disappeared DLP Supporter

Until they let us breed Legendaries, it's the only way. I'm not even sure why they won't let you. If somebody wants to fill their team with them, the game gives you enough to do it, and they aren't tournament legal anyway in any format that isn't shit-tier.

AND DON'T GIVE ME THAT SHIT THAT THERE'S ONLY SUPPOSED TO BE ONE. WE SAW GODDAMN EGGS IN SNAP.

17. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Which ended up completely pointless considering how easy it was to hack a shiny in the older gens.

Yeah but there's probably no way to differentiate between a hacked shiny legendary and one that was gotten legitimately in the older gens anyway. So from a practical standpoint, kinda pointless to soft reset for that long just to get a shiny legendary.

18. Lord Raine

There are ways. You can't hack a Mew in anymore and actually use it. It will never obey you, no matter what badges you have. It's got a special tag in it's code that is basically a behavioral Not Switch. If it is present, it's a normal Pokemon, but if it isn't, it will always be disobedient.

They could do the same thing with all the Legendaries. No reason not to. Give them all that. Legitimate ones that were caught, bred, or given away in official events have the tags necessary to function. Hacked ones do not. That's how it works with Mew.

19. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I think practical went out the window a long time ago for those soft-resetting to get shiny legendaries.

20. Lord Raine

They could compensate for it by making shiny Legendaries much more common, like, say, one in fifty. They just choose not to.

Sadly, resetting is still faster than breeding for shiny starters, at least as far as I'm aware.