1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Possible ME3 Announcement

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by fuubar, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^ Yeah, that would help. LotSB is excellent, especially if you're romancing Liara.

I have four Shepards: my "main" is a female Adept with a Liara romance. The others are a male Infiltrator with a Tali romance, a male Soldier with a Jack romance and a female Engineer with a Garrus romance. They're all mostly Paragon, as I can never bring myself to play a true asshole. Though I cheat with the scores using the savegame editor so I don't have to worry about point-checks. Hate that bullshit. It's like they're trying to herd you into being all-Paragon or all-Renegade just to get enough points to make certain decisions.

2. Shouldabeenadog

Shouldabeenadog Death Eater

One thing I'm planning on doing after I beat ME 3 with the three sheps I have going is to redo the game trying to optomize the anti-reaper army
    Converting the Geth, keeping Wrex alive, keeping the council alive, keeping the rachni alive, improving cerberus research, and anything else that I'm forgetting or didn't realize was so important.

I've got a male paragon engineer who romanced ashley, dumping her for Tali, and a fem renegade soldier staying "true love" with Kaiden.
    I'm trying something new with the new run-through i'm doing. I'm trying to do its a proper role-playing, and really trying to get shepard's decisions to reflect what I would do. I'm finding that the paragon and renegade options really aren't what I would do, I'm more a middle answer guy. Its a very good way to get a mirror on myself.

3. w1lliam

w1lliam Groundskeeper

I cannot replay ME2 because of the god awful mineral hunting.

4. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Get the Gibbed ME2 Savegame Editor. You can alter your money, Paragon/Renegade, minerals, and tons of other things. You can also make a new character straight from there and not have to worry about importing or dealing with the stupid default choices.

5. CBH

CBH Sixth Year

6. Anya

Anya Harley Quinn DLP Supporter

This is good news. Don't want them to rush like they did with Dragon Age 2.

7. Shouldabeenadog

Agreed. The pushback on the "Rush the sequel" mantra is finally bearing fruit it seems. Hopefully this will be for the best.

8. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

9. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...Ewwww.

I don't want a wide appealing game.

I want MASS EFFECT.

Not MASS MARKET EFFECT.

10. Shouldabeenadog

Mass effect is built on its shooter combat, RPG powers, and Bioware story.

I can't really see how they can change any of those three to appeal to a larger group. They might make the tutorial level more hand-holding, which would be annoying, but something able to be worked through.

Maybe more sex? That appeals to more people.

11. Red Aviary

High Score:
    [​IMG]

New Normandy design.

I hate it. Or rather, I hate that the Alliance insignia has been put on it -- the actual ship design remains great. Preferred the Cerberus colors to the Alliance's blue though.

But that insignia... I don't want my Shepard to be affiliated in any official way with the Alliance. Or Cerberus, for that matter. The Alliance is made up of fucking cockbags (barring Anderson and Hackett, but that's two people) who never did shit to help me, and Cerberus is crazy. I'd rather that Shepard struck out on their own with the Shadow Broker's support, with the Alliance as an ally, possibly, but not my main benefactor.

EDIT: Here's a better picture.

Last edited: May 5, 2011
  12. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Double-post, but I didn't see mention of these in this thread yet.

One, Clint Mansell is replacing Jack Wall and Sam Hulick for the soundtrack. He's known for the scores of Requiem for a Dream, Moon and The Fountain.

Two, it's been delayed to early 2012 rather than Holiday 2011. Which hopefully means they have time to polish it to shine rather than repeat the DA2 thing.

EDIT: Oh, right, now I see it. I didn't even click on the link before, I thought that was just about their statement regarding marketing. -_-

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  13. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Ooh. I've loved the previous soundtracks, but Clint Mansell? Fucking amazing composer (he also did the score for Black Swan).

As for the delay...six posts above yours. On which note, doing it to appeal to a broader market worries me, but I remain optimisitic! I'll still be getting it whatever happens, because I want to finish the story, but I really hope they don't screw it up...

14. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I'm on my first playthrough of ME2, against all common sense (lol maths classes).

man, this game's awesome as. I can't wait for ME3. So far, I'm playing as a basic Spacer Soldier male Shep, romancing Sarah Walk...er, I mean, Miranda and her lovely backside. :awesome

Sending Grunt and Jack to muck up the front lines while I sit back and snipe targets off = so much fun.

I'm really looking forward to playing through as a fem!Shep Vanguard for my next run, maybe romancing Samara. Gotta get dat alien tail too. :awesome

15. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Samara is non-romancable character :(. But still, so much EPIC. I wonder if this was how people felt when Star Wars first came out...

16. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/Samara#Romance

She is, sort of. Sort of.

Take the fun out of it, why don't you! D8

/wails in anguish

17. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ehhh. Samara is kinda boring anyway...now Jack, there's a crazy bitch. I'm looking forward to the Ashley/Jack catfight in ME3 over my Shepard.

18. Beonid

Beonid Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I hope Jack doesn't return for ME3; she was my least favourite character after Joker. It's such a shame you can't kill off Joker in ME2.

19. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Some more news.

Jack's returning.

And does anyone else find this "I don't like them so I'll kill them" attitude to be very petty?

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  20. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

...I kind of liked having a lot of team mates and cycling through them as missions went.