1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Post stories not yet ready for review

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Download, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    We used to have an almost recommended thread. I mostly did not use it for that, instead posting stories that I expected would be review worthy in the future, but weren't long enough yet or were still undergoing a rewrite to get them ready — mostly the former.

But, we don't have that any more; "almost recommended" fics should go up for review, leaving us without a place to share stories that aren't quite ready. So I thought a thread for these stories might be a good idea. I figured we should stick to a standard format too, something like:

Title:
    Author:
    Link:
    Summary:
    Why it should not go up for review yet:
    Comments:

I think explaining why it should not be reviewed yet is important, mostly to avoid this becoming a repeat of the old almost recommended threads. People should also say when they have put a story listed here up for review.

So without further adieu:

Title: The Traitor's Daughter
    Author: HJ0519
    Link: https://archiveofourown.org/works/33974866
    Summary:
    Why it should not go up for review yet: Only 8k words so far and has not yet gotten to the meat of the story.
    Comments:
    The story has an interesting premise and is technically well written. It immediately avoids any bad Dumbledore tropes as it will feature mentor Dumbledore and Fem!Harry seems intelligent so the mentorship should be fun. My only sticking point is that the Umbridge thing comes off as a bit strong at the moment, but might make more sense when there's an explanation for Fem!Harry's parents' crimes.

2. Wyatt Axford

Wyatt Axford Second Year

Title: Morning Star
    Author: Cordy Lion
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/13502076/1/Morning-Star
    Summary:
    Why it should not go up for review yet: Hasn't gotten to the meat of the story
    Comments: Technical writing is fantastic. The author writes from multiple POV's and captures each character voice extremely well.