1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lutris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I'll start working on it after I post the first chapter of my new story (in a few days).

2. CGB

CGB Auror

I just read the new chapter and I like it. Maybe it isn't as good as the other ones, but it's still far better, than the average on ff.net. Good work!

3. MoPhire

MoPhire First Year DLP Supporter

I don't have anything really important to add to the discussion but i thought the fic deserved atleast a review, so here goes.

This is one of the best WIP story's in HP fandom at the moment IMO. The thing i like most about it is that time moves. By this, i mean that the reader is not necessarily shown all the day to day activities of the characters, but what is integral to the story flow, maintaining it quite well.

Congrats IP for another excellent addition to you great story.

MoPhire

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I forgot to mention this before, but CGB has been doing German translation of Potter's Resistance, located here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3047071/1/.
    I appologize to CGB for not mentioning this when I was supposed to.

Oh, I also forgot to update the story at FicWad, which I'll do now.

Err... I don't think I forgot anything else... If I think of something, I'll be sure to let you know. ;-)

5. Kalissa

Kalissa Squib

Hey!

It's been a while since I've read the Resistance so I don't remember all the details but I thought that such a fic is worth a review anyway.
    This is an amazing fic. I can honestly say that it is one of the best 'escape' stories I've ever came across.
    The Book was an excellent idea by the way. I can't wait to see what Harry will do to the Ministry.
    I must admit, I wasn't really impressed with the name Harry goes by though. Other than that it was a wonderful piece of work.
    I fully intend to re-read the whole story when the next chapter comes out.

~Kalissa

6. Dhekhanur

Dhekhanur Guest

huh? did ip82 remove his fic or is this the usual ff.net fuck-up of the day?

7. Archer

Archer Fourth Year DLP Supporter

The usual FF.net fuck-up.

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

FFN is acting up, hopefully they'll fix the problem without authors having to re-upload their stuff...

9. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    If you want to access it go to Yin and Yang, his profile, and access PR1:BT from there.

They just fixed the problem as I was typing this.

10. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I really like how you characterized harry in this story. He's not some dumb kid who has no idea that he is being manipulated. Ive been following this story for a while now and its probably the best indy harry as of right now. Keep it up ip, this is how a fanfic should be written.

11. meeep

meeep Squib

I don’t think you give your self nearly enough credit for this story. Its one of 3 stories I check up on everyday. You don’t use too many clichés and the ones you do use you make unique in your own way.

Keep up the good work man.

12. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

Everybody else has posted on how good IP's story is, so I guess I'll do the same. It has great characterization, ideas, etc. It's been a long time since I've read it, but it's a good independant!Harry story - and one of the only ones still alive.

But in the next story I forsee a problem, which is the plot. I can't find a good reason for your Harry to go back to Hogwarts (the mother of all plot devices). So there's a big chance something'll go wrong with the plot; you'll go Miranda Flairgold, keep it an unfinished WIP because of a lack of ideas, or attempt to have Harry create a 3rd side in the war. But I've seen very few fics do that successfully (maybe Reign of Power and this thing about Azkaban). But if you did it, you'd have a classic.

13. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I like his story but I'm so confused over the Rookwood thing, is he gonna kill him for the ritual or is he gonna keep him around as mentor because he can't bring himself to kill him. Better kill the bastard and become smarter.

14. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I already answered this several times, but here's the main reasons for Harry's return to Hogwarts: finding allies. checking up Hogwarts library and Slytherin's library, buying time away from Dumbledore's (and the Wizarding world's) scrunity.

Harry's confused as well.

15. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

i am patiently awaiting your next update because this is quite simply one of the best independent!harry stories i have read. Its good your having harry go back to hogwarts to get allies and to go throught the library. I dont understand why some people think it would be a huge error for him to go what is probably the biggest library in magical britain and to get access to slytherins library. Great job.

16. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    Ahh, so I take it Harry won't kill Rookwood, shame, it would be great if he just gets what he wants from him and kills him. Would be very Slytherin.

17. Hadoren

Hadoren High Inquisitor

I feel stupid. Sorry, next time I'll read the thread.

18. captuniv

captuniv Guest

I'm still on pins and needles waiting to find out if Harry is going to kill Rookwood or not. Well that and seeing how he'll hide his more Slytherin side this coming year at Hogwarts. Keep up the great work ip82!

19. Yodan

Yodan Guest

I just read this whole story over the past few days and it was really, really good. It was not only original and fun, but I particularly liked your idea of Anarchia. It was pretty sweet, and then finding out what Dumbledore had written in it... Wow!

I am glad to have found this site and now know you are still planning on writing more. I can't wait for your next update!

20. pontfirebird73

pontfirebird73 Third Year

Any news on the next chapter? This story is really good with tons of original ideas. It ranks as one of my top five favorite WIP fics, two of which seem to be dead. (Hero trilogy and POT).