1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lutris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

Considering it has been over 2 year's since an update to this iam not holding my breath for an update unless IP say's otherwise, it would be best to say this has been abandoned.

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

He contributed his opinion, that is valid in library threads. However, Lophaetus Occipitalis, they are not amiss in their concerns for the lack of contribution. For a thread which hasn't been updated in such a long time I would recommend adding more content to your review in the future. Additionally, I would also recommend editing your post and writing a little more than two sentences.

3. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Raven pretty much said all I wanted to say, but I'll add that "getting your hopes up for nothing" is not a valid reason to complain about a post in an old Library thread. I'm sure you'll recover from the disappointment.

On a related note, in terms of contribution to the thread, Occipitalis still beats the first five posts following his.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  4. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

As (currently) sexiest male member of DLP, I implore you to update this, IP.

5/5 Harry's motives seemed a bit OOC at points, but overall it's an awesome fic.

5. Seer

Seer First Year

The fic, while quite good, hasn't been touched in 2 years. I think it's time to let this thread die

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

*Raucous applause*

Well done.

7. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

It also is not a fair harbinger when IP hasn't posted here in about 5 months.

8. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

It exists. Therefore, it can get reviews. Therefore, you think wrong.

9. phazer11

phazer11 Third Year

Great Story! 4.5-4.75
    I have a few issues with it though; the first is the obvious one it hasn't been updated for nearly 5 years. The second is something ip mentioned in his disclaimer at the beginning grammar; although honestly it's better than most of my classmates which I find amazing and sad at the same time. The third is
    what the heck is going on with Rookwood I mean is he going to kill the bastard for his potion or is he going to use him as a tutor?

Favorites: Manipulative Dumbledore who likes to play with people, Dumbledore anecdotes about JKR press releases, Independent Harry of course, I like the
    'Anarchist Cookbook' esque 'Anarchia'
    and several other fixtures of the story plus there are some humorous bits especially near the end.

10. ????? ????

????? ???? Squib

Congratulations, you just necroed a thread without a post in it for almost 3 years, for absolutely nothing.

11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Well that's rich, coming from you. You ῆ₢ςřǒ every thread you post in.

/has been saving that up for so long, I shit you not.

12. ????? ????

????? ???? Squib

Blaise, I actually did crack up when you said that. Could definitely tell you were saving that one up, I knew I was gonna get hit with it as soon as I posted above.
    Also, I have not Necroed a thread yet, least not to my knowledge.

13. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

This was actually a story I haven't read yet. To be honest though, it
    s pretty bad. I think it's the fact that it's been out for so long, and what use to be brilliant and entertaining is now cliche and repulsive. Lots of personal pet peeves are touched too such as magical cores, dormant Slytherin Side, 6 different wands. This is only my opinion from the end of Chapter 3, where I decided to stop reading.

But, I could see why it got the high rating it did before. The writing and grammar is nice. Also, while it's a bit annoying to have to read more manipulative Dumbledore, his character has been made well. It's just that I think if it were to be judged nowadays, it would not get the five stars it currently has, unless the later chapters gets a LOT better.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2011
  14. Ray

Ray Second Year

Not really a necro considering the indy Harry forums are barely active at all and this is the third thread on the list.

Anyways, I want to ask; what happened to ip82? I noticed the last time he posted was in 2008. Did he die, or something? I recall reading this story ages ago when it first came out, waiting with bated breath for an update.

Of course, 5 years and several knocks in the head later, I realize now how utterly ridiculous this tripe was (is), but the nostalgia is still strong.

15. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

He's been missing for three years. A shame, considering he had the rest of the story planned out in detail.