1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Potter's Resistance 1: Breaking Ties by IP82 - M

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Lutris, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Like I told you, great chapter.

And, damn, you're right nonjon, I didn't even notice that "broth" was put in instead of brought. To defend myself, I'll just say that that was near the end of the chapter, and I just didn't catch it. And I'm a man damn it! :)

2. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw DLP Overlord Admin DLP Supporter

Awesome chapter. I enjoyed when the Reductor just fizzled out against Rookwood and he explained why. It certainly does make sense.

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Niiiiice. That's made my day.

4. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, 'reducto' is my longtime pet-peevie. I've just decided not to rant it out here so not to spoil the surprise for you guys.

5. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Now that was a monster of a chapter(compared to your other ones of course!)

The bit with the drumstick was priceless. :O_O: was funny as hell!

I like how you ended with a 'duelling was his forte' in a part in the chapter and then 'he was so screwed in the next'. Also liked how you portrayed Rookwood... Hearing his rant about Voldemort makes me want to ask you not to kill him. :)

I'd like to hear more of the Voldemort and Death Eater jokes though.

Over-all, wonderfully written chapter and hope you update soon.

6. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Ok, I'm damaged. I keep expecting the classic Independant!Dark!Kick-ass!Harry in this story and staring dumbly at the screen at some of the scenes... well, high time I learned better, hm? On the whole, it took time to sink in properly, but the chapter is everything I should have expected. The part about 'Reducto' was an eye-opener, and of course, drumsticks are the best!

Do we get the ritual next chapter, and what's with the phoenix? For a light creature, this one in particular has a very dark personality. I can't help but wonder what it's agenda truly is...

7. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

Wow.....That was exhilirating. I was sweating after reading that........or was that because of my fever? But anyways, amazing chapter, keep it up! :D

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

No, I want to play with Rookwood some more. Should be the chapter after the next one.

9. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Yeah, I guess it could be interesting to see the tables turned. Perhaps Harry could even learn something from him. Or perhaps not. Yes, playing with a Death Eater sound like it could be fun. :twisted:

10. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    ok I see. But it does mean Harry's got quite a bit to go now. It was very original though. Don't think authors use the non- Malfoy/Bella Death Eaters as anything more than cannon folder for Harry (me included :roll: )

ok, well, again just personal interpretations I guess. But yeah, as you said, your dumbledore definitely hasn't lost himself...yet.

haha. I can understand that. Good luck on it.

That's good. I know I'm at least partly a review whore, not enough that I'll write H/G just to do so like I used to...but...ahmm yeah. :p

Might be my bad, but I seemed to have had to read through scenes to take in the humor of the jokes, or maybe it's that your lines get lost in the history/background sentences...or maybe I'm too americanized to get your subtle jokes instantly...hmm probably the last reason. hehe.

Least I could do. :D

PS: Thanks for the reviews to my story. Your idea on tomcat Sirius giving Harry "advice" on girls was awesome! I cracked up laughing when I thought of it. But I probably won't be able to fit that scene in the story until Harry develops an image of being able to "get around" which could be a while.

11. SmacksKiller

SmacksKiller First Year

Can't complain, I loved the way you had the pheonix not do a thing.
    Keep up the good work

12. DaytonDeusBlack

I like the fact that Harry wasn't infallible. Other authors have Harry use charmed items that keep him safe but nobody else seems to have enough brains to use them. This is good. Keep it up!

13. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Oh, right, how could I forget? Basiliask/Horntail skin armor, cloak, boots, mythril vest, sword that absorbs spells etc... riiight, turn him into a ninja turtle if you can...

14. radioactive

radioactive Third Year

Don't forget the charmed contact lenses and glasses, the earrings, rings, braceltes, five or six wands with at least 3 obscure cores each, the occasinal time-turner and enough concealing/invisibility gadgets to hide the entire f***ing Romulan Imperial Starfleet...

I enjoy those stories, I really do. It's normal, after all I've played Diablo on occasion and understand the urge to have all the 'Unique' items. But it's funny as all hell when you think back and realise that our hero has enough artefacts at his disposal to make Boba Fett, James Bond and Inspector Gadget green with envy :D Worst part is, the authors forget on occasion what all he has in items and miss opportunities to employ them. :x

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yes, many authors do the same thing with pets... Have Harry obtain 3 snakes, a wolf, two tigers, Headwig and a phoenix and then don't mention any of them ever again... That's some major "hamster complex" there.

16. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

It's good, post soon!!!! hehe sorry couldn't help it! Well i like how you had Harry getting his ass kicked, now there's so many windows of oppertunity to build his character like you said. Even still it shouldn't have been that degrading! as long as you dont start rushing it, it'll turn out really well!

17. DaytonDeusBlack

Hey Ip82, why did you list this fic in FF.net as HP/AD?

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Maybe it's because Albus and Harry will eventually realize that their silly feud is nothing but a repressed sexual tension between them, after which they'll settle down to their new perfect home and raise a bunch of messy-haired twinkle-eyed little bundles of joy?

Or is it because they are two main characters in the story?

Seriously, I'm not sure whether to change that. I don't think there's exactly "romantic pairing" written anywhere there, only "Character 1" and 2... Since I probably won't be having Harry-centric romance in a classical Fluff/Slave fan-fiction sense, I'm not sure what else to put there (remember, even Harry/Dumbledore attracts more readers, even if only sex-crazed teenage girls and weirdo pedophiles :))

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

It's alright where it is. It stands for the two main characters in a story. I just have mine as Harry/Anyone because he is really the only main character in my story.

20. DaytonDeusBlack

hehe true :lol: