1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Prince of Persia

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Oct 2, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I just finally installed PoP2 today...

Words fail me. This game is the hotness.

I'm looking @ Call of Duty 2, Quake 4, Farcy, and Fear in front of me, and I'm getting Battlefield 2 tom. I cannot put this game down.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Original Prince Of Persia was much better than this 3d console arcade shit.

And yes, I mean that 1mb version from PC 286.

And no, I'm not kidding.

And yes, I'm old-fashioned concerning games.

3. Midknight

rofl.

After playing this for 3 solid hours I want to snap the disc out of frustrations.

I like the game more then any other I've played in awhile, but the controls make me scream. I lost track of how many times the lady in black on the boat whupped my ass b/c I couldn't get the prince it respond how I wanted. Finally got the hang of the game, then I made it slightly farther to the Crow master.. after trying several times to kill him, being unable to get the right angle on the wall run+ jump to get to his second teleport spot I gave up.

Pros:
    -Almost everything.

Cons:
    -Unskippable cutscenes. After you watch them the first time, you can speed through them but you still have to stop to see them.
    -Controls can be unresponsive as hell depending on where the camera is. My Axispad controller isn't recognized by the game, so possibly it's the keyboard that's making it so hard.
    -The save system is console, pure and simple. It's a PC port I want to be able to save anywhere, anytime outside of boss battles. Making me reply 2 cutscenes and 10 minutes to get back to where I fell off a cliff on a bad jump because the prince cut his wall run a second short sucks.

8/10 for how far I am through it.

4. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

I have gotten to around the point where the Prince is turned into that Sand Wraith or whatever it is called, after that it is hard to advance because you are slowing dying and if you get just a nick from some trap you probably won't make it in time to get some water. I have not played it much since I hit that snag, and may start up again during the break between sessions. I remember having alot of trouble figuring out how to get to the second battle with him. What you need to do is find the column in the direction of where the Crow Master is. You need to wall crawl and jump onto the column. If I remember correctly on the wall there is a patch of ivy that I used as a indicater when I need to jump. I know there is another part of that fight that I had trouble with but I can't recall what it was or what you need to do.

I agree with all the cons listed. They are all very true and I hope that they will fix it for the third installation.

One of the best 3D RPGs available I give it a 8.5.

5. Midknight

yeah i did this lil frog hop thing, leaping from wall to wall in between two columns till I got to the top, like 6 jumps bouncing back and forth, was a pain in the ass to time right on the keyboard.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Its much easier with a controller.. but the game IS amazing... the old Genesis version was good as well... played that for HOURS.. still do... PoP: Sands of time has the original version unlockable in it as well ^_^

My personal rating for them is between 7.5 and 8.5 out of 10

and PoP3 is coming! yay! ^_^

7. Midknight

how the hell do you get a controller working with it? I went into the config screen, and when I select gamepad, and double click to set up what buttons I want to do what, the game won't recognize it.

Xp does, and I just calibrated the controller, plus it works in other games, so I know thats not the issue. Stumped here.

8. Antivash

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

lol, yeah, I can't play console games on my PC. I just can't get the hang of it, using the keyboard. And I find that the controllers usually suck, so yeah, I just buy the games and use them in my PS2.

lol, If you can't get past the crow man, you're going to have some problems later in the game Mid...

10. Midknight

rofl thanks alot Vash I'll try those later tonight.

I can whip the guy's ass easy without being hit, same with the first girl in black after some practice, I just can't get the control I want with the freaking keyboard.

Look into getting the Axispad, or anypad made by Interact, they're usually carbon copy clones of the PS1/2 controller and work better then any other pads I've ever used.

11. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

The worst is trying to play platformers and fighting games on a keyboard. It doesn't really matter much with the RPG's and strategy games that I tend to prefer.

12. Midknight

Warrior Within looks amazing on my new vid card... it's easier to pull off moves, and it's so stunning with what I'm running it at that I'm just stopping to stare. Damnit I was TT to get here!

13. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Yeah...the artwork for this game is absolutely amazing. I love it.

14. Antivash

yeah... and PoP3 came out yesterday... im going out christmas shopping today so im going to pick it up! ^_^... happy happy.. joy joy...

15. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Fuck yeah! I'm gonna go get it today. Or maybe tomorrow. Depends how lazy I am.

16. Antivash

^_^ Ive got it... its beautiful... controls are the same as PoP2 i think... so its EASY to pick up... i recommed it... 4 for just being PoP ... but really i aint played much of it... its great so far...

17. Midknight

18. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i got to wait for the price to drop a little bit :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Saw it the other day for PC while strolling through the shops. Looks good, thought about buying it but didnt.

20. Antivash

ARG!... am frustrated.. in an arena fighting this .. thing... supposed ot do the same thing for speed kills and what not but one portion doesnt want to work right all the time for whatever reason... its fucking frustrating... good game though...