1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Prince of the Dark Kingdom by Mizuni-sama - M

Discussion in 'The Alternates' started by headbanger22, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Drake

Drake Seventh Year

That's because his idealogy is right. Magic comes from the Earth, he worships the Earth, and therefore he is granted more power. In addition to this he has enhanced his body through numerous rituals and events that are only vaguely hinted at to the point where you see him in the story (not to mention Horcruxes). He is invincible. That is a fact of the story. Since his mortality is not a concern, clearly the thing he worries most about is his life's work being undone. Namely, all the work he has put into building Britain up into a place that is more tolerant of pagans and is magically and politically strong. And take note of how the story presents its conflicts. They are mostly things that do in fact try to tear down his work. This also includes all the work he has put into turning Harry into his protege. And in a world where there is literal magic it doesn't matter if someone is not moralistically "good". All that matters is that they have the power to enforce their will, which is what happened.

Edit: Also, lets not forget that this AU introduced those alternate universe elements back when Tom Riddle was a school boy. He is not the same Voldemort from the original series. This should have been clearly from the very first scene with him. His physical appearance says so much about how different this Riddle is.

Except Voldemort specifically says that he used this idealogy during the War to fool the purebloods into giving him aid. He then says that when he did a 180 after he won the war and was supporting muggleborns again in a fashion that some of the Deatheaters were pissed. Those who could not adapt Voldemort said he killed or at least put them in a position where they couldn't influence anything.
    Dumbledore abandoned everyone who remained in Britain, he wasn't in good standing with any who remained. You have to remember that Sirius stayed to keep fighting, and his reward is being turned into a werewolf. And although he seems fine with it now, it is a drastic alteration to his life as he had originally planned. So when Voldemort lies to everyone and uses propaganda it's not that unbelievable that people are willing to believe it.

Yes, Harry. As the prophecy has already stated. And the "good guys" as you refer to them are in fact doing their best to tear down Voldemort's infrastructure that he has built up as I said earlier. But you also have to remember that Voldemort has been preparing for war since he took power, while the rest of the magical world remained complacent despite their suspicions.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2012
  2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Yeah but I wonder how Dumbledore will compare to this Voldemort considering the Elder Wand

3. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

Updated.

Lot's of interesting Harry/Voldermort interaction. Book VII should be a hell of a ride.

4. Infidel

Infidel Auror

It was a fascinating chapter. As Blank402 mentioned, the interaction between Harry and Voldemort was great. Hints of the consequences of Harry invoking the Goddess are given.

The war is over
    Looking forward to how this changes the story.

5. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Pray for me, comrades. I have never read this story before. But I'm going to!

Pray for me as I dive into the infinite depths of this story.

6. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Caught up to the end of year six last night, and I was suitably impressed. The interactions between Harry, Voldemort and Snape were the obvious highlight, while the
    battle of Hogwarts
    was ridiculously awesome.

There is, I think, a bit of arc fatigue with Horace and Viktor, but I'm holding my breath for something dramatic to come of those plot lines. Other than that, my only real issue is some issues with scene breaks, where it was periodically jarring to find that you were in a completely different country to the last paragraph.

Looking forward to the final year.

7. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Oh god WalkingDisaster, its gonna take you some time. The best advice is to stick with it, there are some bad chapters but over all its pretty worth it. It is fucking huge though.

8. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

Chapter 64, so far.

Bout half way through, by my estimation.

So far I'm loving it. I love the way she's taken all the event from the original books and twisted them to fit her world, but still kept them so similar with the themes of the first books.

And while I know the story doesn't focus on pairings in any fashion, I really hope it doesn't stay R/Hr, it wouldn't make me stop reading.. but it'd be unpleasant.

9. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Wow, I started reading this story a little while ago and I was greatly surprised by how good and well done it is. It took me a total of four whole days to read the whole thing, but I found the who thing both very good and captivating. The various spelling mistakes do get annoying from time to time, but I personally feel that this is my favorite all time Harry Potter fanfic. I personally consider this an epic, and I recently red the new chapter which was released about a week ago, only a few days after I finished it.

I give it a 5/5.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

I started to read this and then stopped because it seemed to AU and way out there. I'm going to give it another go, maybe my free time at work can be put to use.

11. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Updated.

Very cool chapter I must say, and very interesting POV with Voldemort at the end.

12. gbbz

gbbz Professor

Actually, this update was the best I've seen for a long time (in this story, of course). Natalie, Voldemort and awesome Lestrange (really awesome). Even Dumbledore got a chance to shine, though he dissapeared for a long time previously. Great work, really.

13. TSN

TSN Auror

snape prove once more how much of a magnificient bastard he is. geting ron to shadow his wife and then send his wife to mother draco. should get the prat to admit he need help with his mom.

14. happilyeverafter

happilyeverafter Sixth Year

I like this story, I've been following it for God knows how long, but I sometimes have no clue what's going on since it's huge and I have have no time to read it all again. But still 4.5/5, and I agree this latest chapter was good (currently at a point where I do know what is happening.)

15. gbbz

gbbz Professor

New chapter.

Not much happened, to tell the truth. The only thing of notice is the dinner party, when Harry is... Harry.

A short chapter, though Dumbledore shines.

I really like this Dumbledore, he's capable. I was dissapointed at first, that he chose to attack Viktor, but then the author rationalised it and explicitly stated that Dumbledore did not intend to kill Viktor, just remove him from Paris. All for the Greater Good, of course.

16. Nerdman3000

Nerdman3000 Seventh Year

Updated.

Interesting chapter, but I feel so lost reading it because it's been so long since I read the whole thing.

17. Mutton

Mutton Order Member

I feel like he's updating just at the very edge of where I can recall what's going on in the story. Any slower and I'd just not be able to remember the plot between updates and there's very little chance I'd reread it all again for a good long time

18. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I stopped reading somewhere around Chapter 100 because I couldn't remember the last chapter I had read and didn't want to put in the effort to find it. Now I might as well reread it. -_-

19. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

I usually skim the last chapter and it jogs my memory.

20. theronin

theronin Order Member

It's been ages since I read this. Going to wait till I have a week or so to read the whole thing and catch back up, because I don't have any idea what is going on right now.