1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Problems with formatting in WBA.

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by iLost, Aug 10, 2010.

1. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

Okay, my last story I posted in WBA I had go and manually double space everything and then add brackets in italics for the thoughts. In doing so I missed several internal dialogues. When typing in Word 07 I type the way I was taught to in school, with indenting for the paragraphs. This is a habit I would like to keep.

My question for those that are regulars to posting stories in WBA, is there a faster way to get the brackets there without having to search through them in the story and add them? Maybe a way in Word 07 to change the format to automatically add the brackets?

Also, is there some trick somebody knows where I don't have to go through and double space everything in the post?

Lazy I know, but it gets very tedious. What's the use of technology if not to make things easier? ;)

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You could find/replace // for and \\ for or something.

3. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    By doublespace do you mean between paragraphs? If so, protip:

CTRL+H
    Find: ^p
    Replace: ^p^p

To indent things on the forums use [INDENT][/INDENT]

4. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

Do you mean your formatting from Word doesn't carry over? It does with IE and Firefox, if you switch on the WYSIWYG modus in the post-reply editor. Italics and bolded stuff should remain then.

If you don't use double-spaces in Word though, you'll have to do what nmb said before that. When you have c/p it, you can simply click undo in Word, so that is no problem.

5. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

This is a test of the emergency broadcasting system.

I hope this test comes out okay.

Well, I cut and past with the WYSIWYG, didn't know that existed to honest. Thanks all.

6. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

Although I don't usually pre-type my posts in word, sometimes I do for especially long posts. I've found that the best thing to do is copy your document into Notepad first, which strips it of all the messy codebloat that word attaches, and then post that into the WYSIWYG editor. Go in and reapply formatting using Ctrl+i/u/b, etc . . .

Otherwise, you get shit posts where everyone's wondering how someone managed to post in times new roman and it looks like shit.