1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Project Cafe/Nintendo Stream/Wii 2

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by AAli, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Phantom of the Library

Phantom of the Library Unspeakable

You know, I get the distinct feeling that someone, somewhere in Nintendo wanted a new DS to be the controller. God knows they release a new version often enough anyway, why not tack on another gimmick to help shit sell? Plus, they've clearly wanted to make their handhelds a part of their consoles for a while (See Windwaker mini games with the Gameboy advanced, Pokemon Stadium, etc.)

Hell, this would actually be one of the few gimmicks I'd support. Right now, the controller is looking to be, at bare minimum, eighty dollars, more likely a hundred. I'd rather pay a hundred and thirty to get some more use out of them.

2. iLost

iLost Minister of Magic

I could not agree with you more with that statement. Sega had some good games, Dreamcast and Genesis, really. I played on both. But there was just something about the SNES that just grips me. Hell, even the Nintendo. People can say it was nostalgia, and I'll admit I am still a Zelda fanboi, but I played Sega games at the time, too.

Maybe it is nostalgia speaking, but I remember having a shitload of fun playing games on the gamecube, SNES, and NES. More fun than what I did playing with Sega. The Wii just...I don't know.

I hope this is awesome.

Also would like to add that there is zero chance in hell that there won't be another Mario, Zelda, Metroid, whatever. It's kind of what they do now. I like and don't at the same time. Fun games, just wish they would make some new original content. They've got more than enough money to invest in them.

3. AAli

AAli High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Hopefully this'll prod Microsoft and Sony into getting their arses into gear and releasing a new console and stop holding back the entire industry with their five-year-old hardware. Not sure if it'll work, though. Sony still hasn't seen a single cent of profit from the PS3... then again, I don't think they did from the PS2 either.

5. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

o_O Every idiot developer every single game claims they've maxed out the 360, and then a game comes out the next year that makes that game look like shit, the hardware ain't holding anyone back. The hardware they build into these machines was retarded expensive back in the day, and I doubt they're breaking even by much on the consoles even today.

I'm a graphics whore, but I say keep the hardware, stop chasing graphics, and actually make games longer then 5-10 hours that are fun to play, have engrossing stories, and stop with the graphical nice clone game of the week.

And that case looks like shit. It looks like a really cheap hard drive enclosure.

6. AAli

AAli High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Sony will be concentrating on the NGP (and the PSN hack/cleanup :awesome ) for a while won't they? The head of Kuju Entertainment's London branch is a regular on another forum I use, he's said that the NGP shits on the 3DS from a great height, a lot of developers are excited about the possibilities.

7. TrekkifulRon

TrekkifulRon Squib

I'm hopeful. Nintendo has had some really great game series. I'd like it if there were new good titles for them and also maybe continuing with what they have gotten right with the nes/snes/gc/wii, gb/gba/ds and maybe fixing what they have gotten wrong.

I also am looking forward to a cheaper used wii so i can get one:fire