1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Project Dark

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Ash'Ura, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Project Dark

Anyone old school RPG fan who played Demon's Souls for the ps3 knows how awesome it is, so it came as surprise when it was announced that there would not be a sequel. However, the developers came through for us by making a game that may as well be called Demon's Soul 2. This game is set to be released some time in 2010 for Japan, though the European and American release date's are still unknown. It will now be for the PS3 and Xbox 360.

2. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

According to this article (last question) a sequel to Demon's Souls is possible.

And here we have a trailer for Project Dark.

I'm waiting for more info on this game. Demon's Souls is one of the best games on PS3 and I would risk saying that it's better than Uncharted 2 and God of War III combined.

3. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

True, however, there is not sequel planned, so we don't know how long it's gona take to get into Sony's head that there needs to be a sequel.

4. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

Project Dark has officially been renamed Dark Soul's and is coming out to NA on October 4, 2011. Dark Soul's is being released for the Xbox and PS3. Here is the official trailer.

E3 Gameplay Demo

God, this has been a wonderful year for gaming. Elder Scrolls V and Dark Soul's in the same year. October could not come soon enough.

Also, could one of the administrators change the thread title to Dark Soul's?

5. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

Man, Demon's Souls. Thats a blast from the past. I got so into the game that once I misheard someone's phone ringing as the bell sound of the Mind Flayers in Tower of Latria. I immediately brought up my left arm to block, and attempted to hop backwards to avoid the magical attack, and in the process falling out of my chair.

But on topic, Dark Souls looks really similar to Demon's Souls. Like, the same. I wonder how much of it will be a different experience?

6. Ash'Ura

Ash'Ura Totally Sirius

It looks like it won't be too different, but that really isn't a problem for me. There aren't enough games like Demon's Souls. I really hope that the campaign will be longer though. The only thing that worries me is how they will implement the whole Open World thing.