1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Project Terra: Cool Nation Sim.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tenages, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Tenages

Tenages Order Member DLP Supporter

Here to plug an awesome new nation/political simulator game. Like all nation simulators, you build up a nation, you have awesome war, etc. Those of you who have played Cybernation's or similar games know the basic idea. The difference with Project Terra is that it's got much more depth and complexity than CN. There's more resources, more military units, and much more sophisticated interplay between the different elements. There's also a global commodities market, so you can engage in real time trading, speculation and trying to bust the market.

The game just went beta not long ago, so you'd be getting in at the ground level and become one of the experienced older nations that can beat up on everyone else. We're all having a good time, testing out the different elements, warring for the lulz and finding new ways to get rich quick. The game is growing quickly and as the player pool expands it gets more fun.

We've got an alliance there run partially by myself and a few other DLP'ers with some others in the membership as well. It's called Seven Kingdoms and yeah the theme does come from that series. We've only got 25 members now, but we're still one of the stronger alliances in terms of military strength. We've got a solid group of players that help each other out, and we punch far above our weightclass.

So, blatant whoring here; come check out the game and sign up with us. It's a fun game and definitely worth the time I think.

2. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Joining, any particular nation building guides or startup guides you'd recommend?

3. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Just get on IRC. We are always around to offer advice and help. All the chan info is on the forums for our alliance.

4. Mutt

Mutt High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Joined and am utterly confused. I need to mess with this for a while before I have any clue what I'm doing.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  5. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Hmmm, having trouble thinking of a good name/city.

6. Mutt

Okay, I think I'm getting it. Now I need to find a way to come up with $150,000,000 to build a coal power station. :/

7. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

o_O?

Well first off the forum there is actually a good place. The Guides has a thread that tells you what to build first. I think the ration was 2:1.5:1:1
    Construction:Food:Energy:Military

I like this game. :D It's like cybernations only a bit better. I tihnk its cause Terra is largely unfinished and Cybernations is well... I havent seen a major/minor game update in a long time. Everytime I see the game update log message I go "oooh what's new?" only to be disappointed by the CN tournament whoring.

That said maybe GOD will at some point have a branch there too.

8. Mutt

:facepalm

I'm an idiot. I didn't even see the forum button. Thanks for pointing it out.

9. Moridin

Lol, I have exactly this problem. Stupid me didn't even realise until I had spent too much on infra and stuff.

10. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

I'll give this a go. I played CN way back when it was in pre-beta with my Travian alliance, but that was a long time ago and I don't think I ever did much with the game.

11. The Arid Legion

The Arid Legion Professor

This seems pretty interesting. I'll probably play it once I have enough data to download chrome. So that'll be the 1st then. Or the 19th. I'll probably spend that time trying to think of a name for my country that's as cool as Venifica.

12. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

So, I spent all my money on shitty stuff, any way I can start over?

13. Anarchy

Anarchy Half-Blood Prince DLP Supporter

Venefica is my city =D Veneficus makes a pretty good name for a sea or space ship as well. I think I messed up my city already, but oh well.

14. Plothole

Plothole Fifth Year

You can't delete your nation until 3 days after it was created. I'd say get on IRC and ask one of the more experienced guys for advice. Or you could just roll with it.

15. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

I guess I gotta wait for 3 days then. My nation is beyond recovery.

16. Lion

Dark just get on IRC and talk to me or Tenages. We can fix you and get you some money. Trust me I have fixed some fucked up nations and own fucked up nation.

17. Legacy

Legacy Death Eater DLP Supporter

It'l be nice not being the little fish in the big pond for once. The nation of Versai is looking to join the Seven Kingdoms, hopefully I haven't screwed myself up yet.

18. Moridin

Yeah, don't be too sure. I'm pretty sure that with the right amount of aid (monetary and information) you'd be sorted out just fine. This doesn't really look like the type of game where you could screw yourself over so badly as to be unrecoverable in the space of a few hours.

19. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, I'm in. The nation of Alkanak is looking to join Seven Kingdoms. Followed this guide, and I'll have a better look around the game tomorrow after work.

20. Lion

Wise remember to register on the forums. We have guides there too. Plus ways to request aids and building resources.