1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Prometheus Bound by AnarchicMuse - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Dubious Destiny, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Dubious Destiny

Dubious Destiny Seventh Year

Title: Prometheus Bound
    Author: AnarchicMuse
    Rating: T
    Genre: Angst/Drama
    Library Category:
    Pairings:
    Summary: There once was a tale of three brothers and the gifts bestowed upon them by Death. Such a tale is one of intrigue, of adventure, of tragedy. Such a tale is a lie. Or; a story of time travel, genocide, and a boy who just wants to live.
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12187840/1/Prometheus-Bound

This might be among the best Marvel HP crossover fics I've found(not that it is particularly hard). Good points first- a realistic portrayal of characters, good language and grouping, a tale of super!Harry coming into his power, an intriguing integration of
    Hallows, Thanos and a possible connection to the infinity stones.

However, there are a lot of detrimental issues too. It continues with MCU's 'hooman awsum' wank as muggle wank. Wizards are shown as foolish and sentimental. The fight scenes attempted much, but achieved little.
    Von Strucker
    is played up. Death exists as a being.
    Harry meeting Doctor Erskine and him escaping from the wizards in the past
    was not very properly done.

Hopefully, muggle superiority is just a consequence of character PoV.

EDIT: Rating:3.5/5 rounded upward to 4/5

Last edited: Apr 24, 2019
  2. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Headmaster

I went 6 chapters in. And then I just couldn't read any more. The issue with this fic is that it's just walls of text describing an angsty Harry who's in denial of what or who he is. There's long stretches in which Harry does nothing more than try to ignore his powers. He lives like a muggle. Surrounded by a bunch of OCs who I don't really care about at this stage. That's honestly not very interesting to read. And he's depressed while he's doing it. I mean, I get what the author is trying to portray, but there's a lot of tell and no show. That makes the story quite uninteresting. I know he's befriended Dr. Erskine and Steve Rogers is likely to come into the story soon. But honestly? The story's already lost me.

I'll give it a 2.5/5 rounded down because the writing is technically good, but doesn't draw you in.

3. Paradise

Paradise Paraplegic Dice DLP Supporter

It's rough, its really super fucking hard to read just due to the sheer blandness. Like the first dozen chapters are just Harry slowly gaining the trust of the scientist due, and nothing else. Maybe it picks up later but I have neither the time nor the inclination to read anymore of it.

3/5

4. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I can't tolerate stories that shit on Wizards because of how archaic their society seems. I also don't like muggle-wank stories where its like HUR DURR I HAVE CELLPHONES YOU USE FUCKING OWLS.

I love HFY as a genre in general, and I've read a lot of shitty HFY. I've also read semi-decent to extremely good Marvel/HP crosses.

Wand and Shield to name but one.

This is not semi-decent, this is not moderately good, this is not Wand and Shield.

They have a lot of interesting ideas going for them, but very poor execution.

2/5.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

The writing in this leaves a bit to be desired. I found myself skimming near the start of the story and then skipping ahead to get to the meat of it.

I got to the part in Chapter 4 where Death calls Harry a 'quark' and it made me laugh. I'm not entirely sure if it was meant as an endearment like 'kiddo' or something, since I'd been skimming their interactions before, but it made me start giggling and then finally close out the story.

Rating at 2.5/5 and rounding down, personally. If you really want to read a Marvel/HP crossover then go for it, but otherwise I'd give it a pass. I'm willing to try again (with less skimming) if someone can convince me it's worth it, but honestly it just couldn't hold my attention.