1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Been winning a lot lately? I played one game after losing my promo series and got +23, back to 88 already. Won every game outside my promo series lately so it's possible your MMR like mine is inching upwards ever so slightly so you get more LP for a win so you get faster promo's and can work your way up.

They buffed LP acquisition lately I think too, with getting more LP for consistent wins and something along the same lines when you get closer to 100 LP? Not quite sure how it works out there.

2. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

One of the best things you can do as a support is adapt to your adc's playstyle. If he doesn't want to trade, then don't suicide trying to make plays. You can come back from feeding one -- and only one -- death.

Supporting isn't just about tunnel visioning bot lane. It takes about 20 seconds to walk from mid to top/bottom lane if you're walking through river. Anyone taking the standard jungle route will be back at their blue at around 7-8 minutes, and roughly every 5 minutes after that. Use those timers to predict where the enemy will be, at all times. You can protect all 3 lanes without actually being in them.

Dear diary, I lost my promotion series entirely due to 1) 3v5, ty Riot and 2) bugsplatted into undefined server, could not log in at all, much less reconnect, ty Riot again.

Your turn.

I can see it happening easily. Quinn is short range (525 I believe?) and her only reliable harass is on a cooldown long enough that every time she gap closes into Ashe's face, she'll eat a volley and probably a couple more autos. Just because Ashe has low damage relative to other adc's on their steroids doesn't mean she doesn't hurt.

I pop it all the time when I'm trying to stack my mejai's :)

3. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I was told they fixed it so that Karthus and Soraka couldn't get global assist stacks from their ultimates.

On topic:

I have 0 lp at division 1 silver, so I'm almost afraid to play because I don't want to he bumped down and have to work up again. Lost a basically won game to a DC and Fiddlesticks. That character is so Wtf if you know how to play him well, and such crap otherwise.

4. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Somewhat of a red mist when writing this one (as you probably guessed) but yeah, adapting is the hard part for me, possibly the hardest. I've gotten used to playing hyper-aggressive as Leona/Taric/Sona so I usually expect my ADC to follow me up as I ping before I go in and always type out timers for summoner's & if we'd win/lose a trade - albeit the last bit's rather hypothetical.

Yup, learning to watch the minimap more rather than staring at my lane when nothing's happening & pinging any incoming danger. The main problem with that generally is the lack of wards in the top & mid lane as then I can only predict. If people literally bought wards more often in Silver, it would be a nice start.

Just the annoying trend of losing due to other peoples fuck ups gets frustrating. Sure I might over-extend slightly and die in a teamfight trying to zone someone, but that doesn't mean you then need to chase them through their whole jungle only to get caught & mopped up. All the while I spam pings & type objectives, but nope... Only so much you can do.

The lanes were Quinn/Soraka vs Ashe/Taric so it made sense Quinn would be slightly behind, but I wasn't expecting her to be 20cs behind by the 7 minute mark. The fact the guy said Quinn was 'so op right now' in champ select probably should've clued me into his thought process but eh. My problem here is I probably pay too much attention to the pro scene and expect people to at least pick someone with some good crowd control/have some form of counter-mechanics in their head. Soraka was nice team-wise, she just... not against Taric. I can see why it would work (wasn't aware just how short Quinn's range was, not interested in her) but ultimately didn't.

Eurgh. Mejai's. I still cringe every time I have a Lux build it regardless of where they're playing. It's a terrible item, more-so when you're 0/3 in lane and still build it. Oh well!

Edit; Always wanted to try Jungle Fiddle but I always get scared/change my mind when the enemy team has a strong level 1 fight. Though definitely going for more Tiger!Udyr in future as I have an idea.

5. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

Lies! Mejais on all champs all the time!

6. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I feel the need to defend Mejai's. And Lux building Mejai's. Mostly because I build Mejai's as Lux, sometimes. It's a very situational item, and a huge risk, but it can pay off in the right situation.

Mejai's doesn't necessarily require the ability to take kill after kill. Assists can work, too. The main thing when building Mejai's is to stay alive.
    Obviously, not many champs can stay a safe distance and still be useful to their team. Thankfully, Lux is the very definition of playing it safe, staying back and still dishing out pain.
    If the enemy team lacks hard engages, doesn't focus you speficially, and you have a decent KDA ration, then Mejai's can be a pretty fucking awesome item.

7. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

And you believed it? o_O

I can get a cross-map assist on Janna by shielding Gangplank before he ults. Why on Earth would Karthus or Soraka be different?

8. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:

This, basically. I mained Lux for much of Season 2. And while for many champions Mejai's is a terrible item, on Lux (and maybe Xerath), it's okay specifically because they are meant to never be close enough to the enemy to be put in danger. Anyone with a shorter range is just asking for trouble.

9. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

I just dislike Mejai's because I've yet to see it actually work out. Sure, it can be a great item but you need stacks for that to happen. That and to not die, which when you're losing your lane, you're already in a tough spot with an item like Mejai's. It contributes nothing to you if you can't get assists/kills - that said, you're either an idiot or have no idea how to work a fight if that's happening. That or the enemy are dimmer than you thought and take you out first. Either way, no stacks = no good = wasted gold. Even if you do get assists, you die and bam, instantly lost 1/3 of your stacks. Hell, it takes 5 stacks to be worth the initial cost so you need to be rolling your lane / clearing up fights to even make it break even initially. Frankly there are just better items to buy when behind, which is what my gripe is; idiots buying it because it has potential to be great; sadly they are not and just waste their gold.

If people in Silver didn't get caught as often as we do and warded better, ok, fine, maybe I wouldn't dislike the item so much, but for now I may as well not have a mid laner when they rush a Mejai's.

10. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

I feel like you would be both saddened and shocked when I play Akali... every time(and Lux and usually LeBlanc, but that's more rare to play these days). Especially before cdr was put back on the DFG with enhanced AP. I bought both Mejai's and Occult most of the time, then... just Occult now, to go with DFG replacing the Mejai's.

11. Churchey

Churchey Supreme Mugwump

It's like 300 more for a haunting guise, which gives you a pretty substantial boost to your strength in that mid game.

Getting the mejais to work is dependent on getting kills but it also hinders your ability to get those kills because you just wasted 800g on nothing. You go back with 1500ish and you can get a guise or a mejais and some pots? It just really isn't worth it. The higher you get in elo/mmr, the less likely it is you will get to free feed on an enemy and make your mejais useful, and even then, it just makes you a target if you do do well.

12. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Well, I go boots 2 + Revolver -> Occult for Akali, and Sorc Shoes -> Haunting Guise -> Mejai's for LeBlanc(Lux is different), so it's not like it's outright my first item, and I already have the means to get kills due to level by that point.

As for being a target... it kind of comes with being in that role and being the most dangerous person on the team.

Haunting Guise is 250 more than Mejai's, by the way.

13. Super Bunny

Super Bunny Fourth Year

During champ select, fourth pick called me a dumb cunt! I hope a monkey slaps him with HIV one day.

14. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Why does Urgot win Akali vs Urgot top lane? Harass too strong apparently, plus red pot start. Went on to carry the game as a second ADC at 9/5/6 or something. BOTRK, AS boots, Murama, and Hexdrinker.

15. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I've gone from 8/10 to 10/16. I'm not duoing with people anymore. ;_;

16. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Duo with Jon: Lose

Solos right after: Win

Reason? I actually get higher priority pick. That's about it. Can actually get a roaming carry role instead of support or tank.

And sorry for the games Jon, so many derps with Elo disparity duos.

17. Jon

S'all good bro, not you it's them. <3

18. BsuperB

BsuperB Headmaster

Edit; I'm retarded. Had two windows open & picked the wrong one. Moved to Jungling thread.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  19. Jon

Yeaaaaaah, I'm done. no matter what I do I can't seem to carry hard enough to win games at silver 1. It's like I'm constantly getting a flow of downies.

Churchy was right. I'm the bads.

20. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Eh, had more blatant losses despite personally doing well in Silver 1 than I ever did when I started by being placed in Silver 2.