1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Ranked Diaries

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Churchey, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    People are so sensitive this day that everything is flaming.

If you say "hey could you gank for me? Or get dragon? You're 0/0/0 at 15 minutes and the enemy jungler has set up a camp on my lane" is toxic to people these days. Their response is typically something like "well just play safe if he is up there all the time", which isn't always possible when the enemy has CC in the jungle and the top lane and you have no mobility skills. Any form of criticism is seen as flaming these days, I literally got called out for flaming because we were pressuring the enemies nexus with 3 people and baron buff, and our jungler decided to farm camps on our side of the map. In my most recent game, I got flamed for 'white knighting' for my ADC (who was 0/2 and had died once to gank pressure from the enemy jarvan, and once to being stupid).

In short, people will find a reason to call you toxic if they don't like what you're doing. It doesn't matter what you say or do, some people don't listen. And that's fine, since I know not everyone responds to shot calling or criticism in solo queue. But between the choice of biting my tongue, and speaking my mind, I will speak my mind every time.

Also got promoted to Plat, in spite of being toxic or whatever stupid shit Riot wants to claim. Some people get away with flaming, and some people don't. It's just the nature of the automated system, and I don't really care about a border or a victorious graves skin. Since the chances of me getting them this season are essentially 0 (due to an action I will admit definitely justified the ban) I can do essentially whatever I want, since Riot has nothing more to punish me with but more bans (in which case I have more accounts to play on, and come the next season it will be even easier to play alt accounts because I wont need runes).

2. Distaly

Distaly Fifth Year

Ah so in essence you are just an asshole and now that punishment is already handed out you are happy you can contine to be an asshole, gotcha.

It is extreaaamly unlikely that the automatic system will ban you for your first examples. And I invite you to show me a case where that happend. With facts of course not a simple "yeah it did".

3. Wildfeather

High Score:
    I do believe I said exactly this.

Also, expecting people to do something in game for the first fifteen minutes is not being an asshole, it's expecting your teammates to contribute and do something. The same applies to farming your jungle when the rest of your team is pressuring the nexus, and when you try and get someone to stop flaming your teammates. If that's being an asshole, I'd hate to see what kind of people you think are nice.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Man, TSM must be getting flamed in every game then.

5. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Have you seen reddit?

Also yes, TSM has been facing significant criticism as a unit and some of the players individually because of their extremely passive play style and the repercussions of it (lost dragons and vision control). I don't think they are flaming each other, since the support staff should be the ones analyzing the game and making criticisms.

That's kind of an irrelevant point though, since TSM is theoretically playing with a game plan that, from the outset might include passive lanes and no jungle pressure. Solo queue by it's nature (especially at low levels) doesn't have that kind of organization.

AFK farming the jungle for 15 minutes, refusing to group with your team to end the game when you have Baron, and attacking your teammates personally SHOULD all be losing strategies. The fact that there are players who think that this is okay behavior is exactly the reason why I don't care to hold myself to community standards, because they're pathetic.

6. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Reddit is sad. Its a bunch of Bronze-Golds talking all the time.

7. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

Is that a response to anything in particular or...?

8. Sey

High Score:

9. Oz

10. Oz

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Wait that was a joke and meant to come off as a joke :O

12. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    So i didn't know dodging in promos was an immediate loss , that sucks

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I keep throwing. I think this is actually the main thing holding me back from climbing plat.

My laning phase is strong, I generally come out ahead in games where I have an even or favorable matchup, and I'm able to transition that into a strong midgame objective-focused game.

But then someone on my team will int and then I'll follow them because I'm incapable of backing off apparently and then everything turns fiesta and I eventually lose.

Help.

14. Wildfeather

High Score:
    Having you tried raging?

Worked for me.

More seriously :

(obvious answer) don't follow up on bad initiation attempts, and ping to communicate to your team not to follow

Or ping to your team TO follow, so long as you do so in an appropriately intelligent or chaotic way. Gold/Plat is hugely disorganized, and making a bad play with 110% commitment can be as good as making a good play.

Also review your champion pool and be sure you're playing things you enjoy and can allow you to play to the win condition you're most likely to "fall back" on. I play Mordekaiser because he has strong roaming with dragon ghost, but is also a complete monster split pushing/flanking.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  15. Miner

Miner Order Member

Looks like I'm ending the season in Plat 5. I climbed almost to plat four before a losing streak scared me off of playing more ranked on the chance that I get demoted back to gold.

I'm just trolling by playing new champs in flex which is actually surprisingly fun. I've forgotten what it's like to play for fun as opposed to playing for the win.

Sey
  16. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    https://imgur.com/a/M5YfA

So i got to silver 1 , idk if i can rush gold fast enough tho

P.S : Singed is incredibly fun , and since i'm in low elo people don't know how to play against him

17. Sey

High Score:
    Any elo please. Even in plat people run around chasing him.

18. Oz

Hah, I levelled my account to 30 playing AP singed. Sometimes I miss the huge ratio on his fling.

19. Moukaboy

Moukaboy Banned

High Score:
    Fuck yeaaah

Promos went like this : 2 losses , 2 easy wins and one last very very tense game because i got caught in a bad position early and Irelia snowballed like crazy .Everyone was flaming hard so i muted them and proxied even harder , free baron and me catching Irelia lead to two inhibs and then it was like gg !

edit : no idea why the file is called math

Attached Files:

20. Tutorial Boss

Tutorial Boss Seventh Year

FUCK YEAH! Hit plat!

...I mean, in 3s, but plat is plat!