1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reason for hating Harry/Ginny?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Seraphym

Seraphym First Year

Thats the thing though, in the books Harry is normal. It doesn't make much sense, but the fact is that JKR has written Harry as if the emotional abuse and neglect were a minor problem in his life, and that one whole year with his parents firmly made him a loving and caring human being.

I think most people hate Harry/Ginny because of the fanfiction is filled with crap. Ginny is a 2D character, she isn't even remotely flushed out in the books, so authors can do what they want with her, what they tend to do is the same thing.

2. Ginny Killer 2.0

Ginny Killer 2.0 Third Year

right behind you breathing down your neck
    Patil Twins :puke: have u seen them in the GOF movie they are ugly as hell. anyways i dont like Ginny/Harry mostly because it reminds me of the poor excuse for a book HBP also because Ginny started likeing him because he is the boy who lived. also the whole thing seems almost like incest. harry refers to Mrs. Weasley as almost a mother figure so its like he is dating his sister..... ewwww

3. Syn

Syn Fourth Year

the hormone argument doesn't fly in the face of rowling stating that ginny is the 'ideal girl' for harry.

nowhere in canon is her statement supported. and her statement sure doesn't seem to implicate hormones as much as faux-soul-mate-ness.

4. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

And at the same time, Harry is starting to like Ginny. I mean, It did come out of nowhere. They sat down in the library and Ginny gave him an easter egg, and he got all flustered. That was the start of it all as far as im concerned and its ridiculous...

At least Ron and Hermiones' relationship has been built up to some degree.

So is Ginny, and the Dursleys are supposed to be blonde and the twins are not supposed to be tall lanky fellas, Ron is, the twins are supposed to be short fat little jokers

p.182 of HBP uk 1st edition.... Anyway. Ginny tips up and harry gets a waft of that flowery scent he picked up in Slughorns Dungeon.

When i first read that bit, i immediatly assumed love potion involved, but i suppose it is ambiguous. I am praying desperatly (dont know who or what to) that Ginny wacked Harry with some love potion and he is going to go scitzo

5. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

Honestly how can anyone think that Ginny would be right for Harry Simply cause JKR says so. What I mean is that the only thing backing her statement up is the fact that through out the entire series is that everyone is either saying or thinking that, Harry would like Ginny simply for the fact that she resembles Lily the most. However throughout the entire series JK ponits out that Lily is not only very pretty but also very smart.

6. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

And she also says Ginny is very pretty and smart. And people think that Ginny is right for Harry because JKR said so, and they are her characters...

7. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

LMAO, no offense, but that argument means jack shit to me. Actually, I tend to think the opposite of whatever Rowling says. Attractive...maybe if you find dirt-poor little grunge mites with orange soda hair and scabby knees who stick their elbows in butter dishes to be hot or something.

*Still thinks Harry/Cho is the only truly good pairing*

8. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

^ Only hates the red-headed cumbag because her name isn't Cho Chang.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

God damn it, Sera, I was just refuting his claims. I was in no way saying that I like H/G. He asked why, I answered. Pretty obvious answer, by the way.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

^ Still supports the Bush Administration

And no, that's incorrect. I have various reasons for not liking Ginny, mainly that she's a dirt-poor little grunge mite with orange soda hair and scabby knees whos stick her elbow in the butter dish.

11. Roguelyvisage

Roguelyvisage First Year

meh

For the most part fic writers aren't very good at the Romance aspect of their writing, and as such just have the characters suddenly fall in love with no preamble. The simple fact is right now H/G is the most common ship around...that's why I dislike it. Moreover I dislike any fic in which the writer doesn't bother to have a courting period at all. Most of the fics have him proposing after only having known her for a few months, sleeping together within the first month, and gushing over how in love they are with eachother. It's ungodly unrealistic and lazy writing. Just once I'd like to see a H/G fic from HG's point of view in which she loves harry but is trying to be supportive of H/G. That would be realistic.. ;)

12. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Thems fightin words. You n Me Sera... Pistols at dawn. :)

13. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

You don't like poor people? thats shallow.. O well i mainly dislike her because everyone else loves her and i have to be different, i also hate red hair..

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I'm indifferent to them in real life, but I'll latch onto anything to insult Ginslut with. In Harry's case, having to pay for literally everything is another reason not to want anything to do with the ratty little orange mongrel. Emphasize the 'dirt' over the 'poor.'

15. Juliette Ames

Juliette Ames Backtraced

I don't hate Harry, I don't hate Ginny and I don't hate them together. I think they are old enought to choose who they want to date. Don't you?

16. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

No, I prefer not to think think of fictional characters in the same way as I would real people, actually. They don't exist, so the entire idea of them 'choosing' who they want to date is ridiculous.

17. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

I wasn't implying that JK didn't that Ginny wasn't thoughs but simply that, was seemimgly her only reason for haveing HArry fall for her. To me it seemed like, that with Ginny always being compared to Lily, would be the sole reason for Harry falling for her, like it's some sort of link to his mother or something. rather than him just haveing her eyes. Maybe i'm not expaining myself clearly or something.

18. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Mmm, when I'm writing, I think the opposite way - I let my characters be alive, and then plot a set of events, and let them react the way they want to react. Do I have a problem with H/G dating? Not if it followed the way the book's plots and previous writing demanded, but they don't, and as such it seems cock-eyed and idiotic.

19. Juliette Ames

Juliette Ames Backtraced

Precisely dear Elias. I don't know how JKR does it. And I am sure she has a lot planned out before. But I also thinks she changes things as she writes, she lets her characters do what her characters do and in her mind they are alive. And I know in the minds of many people they are alive.

20. Rob

Rob Looked into the void

Regardless, she's still accountable for how they've acted in the past. All the characters were so out-of-character for the entire book it was like they'd been getting hormone injection therapy. If she's going to let them live, she's got to respect the fact that with the exception of a traumatizing event, people aren't going to change like that. And with Harry's dismissal of Sirius' death... well, I'd say there were no grounds for the OOC-ness.