1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reason for hating Harry/Ginny?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

Zhank yu

2. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I feel uneasy at your enthusiasim, and that you like the fics where every other word out of Harry's mouth is "mum", or rather: "muuuuuuum."

Anyway, hmm, my reason for hating H/G. Ginny is an annoying little twit.

I've disliked her character for a while, FF's made it worse. Any chance of me liking it were out the window long before the severely screwed up romance in HBP, although that did strengthen my loathing of it.

3. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Never did like her in the book after HBP came out,I was Neutral in her category,never gave a second thought about her since she isn' t a important character,until HBP.Hated her in FF the first time I saw her ship with Harry.

4. Harpy Prince

I love reading incest stories :lol: and I could never find any Harry/Lily fics that weren't letters to Harry before she got AK'd by Voldemort.

5. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I felt impartial to Ginny in the beginning. She had my sympathy in book 2 even though I thought she was stupid to write in some mystical diary that answered back to her. I NEVER would've thought about her and Harry getting together. She was just a little girl with a schoolgirl crush. I thought in Book 5 she moved on to other people. (over and over again but at least she moved on) Then in Book 6 Harry's suddenly noticing that she exists? When did she become such of a big character? I don't believe that DOM crap either. Neither Luna nor Neville are major characters in the book but they were right by Harry's side. The way Harry and Luna interacted in the 5th and 6th books I would've thought they were getting together. And I was happy about it!!! Then the-slut-who-must-not-be-named came from nowhere. Man, I hate book 6.

6. Cell

Yea,I was swinging the same way to Harry/Luna,until out of the blue,Ginwhore came into the picture and stole Luna's spotlight.I skipped most of the book 6 and gave to my little niece to read for her bedtime story.

7. Lady Almaren

WHY!!! How could you! Your niece?!?!? What has she ever done to deserve such a unjust punishment? Well, I suppose if she was young enough then she probably hasn't read fanfiction so it won't be so bad to see the glaring cliches throughout the book. I guess once you over look that part there is the possibility that it may turn out to be a good book. As long as she doesn't fall for the H/G thing then I guess it's cool. Just be careful!!!

8. Cell

Aye,she's only four years old .And no she does not like Ginny,cause she like's Luna.She finds Luna interesting for her weird dreamy expressions and how she acts like she doesn't know what's going on around her.She's more in love with her when I showed her the picture of the Actress who is going to be playing Luna in the movie.She finds her way more prettier then Ginny.She hasn't reached the Harry/Ginny part,but when she does it's gonna be heart wrenchinh for her since she is a Luna fan.
    It's her bedtime story so my sister and bro-in-law gets in a couple of pages before she's knocked out for the night.

9. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Cause its usually executed poorly. I've NEVER seen it done well. Plus, I don't like Ginny. She's too bossy/stalkerish for my taste.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

...And ugly...and...elbowy sticky in butter dishy.

11. Lady Almaren

The only H/G fic that was executed fairly well was Harry Potter and the Battle of Wills. (I read this before the horror that was the 6th book so my hatred for Ginny hadn't really festered well.) The relationship was so much in the background you didn't realize they were together until the end when it briefly mentioned that they were married. It wasn't some long, drawn-out romance with the whining and crying. That is the only kind of H/G fic that I would read. And it was the last of its kind since the 6th book. Shame really.

12. Cell

You should be ashamed of yourself for reading a H/G story and admitting it to us.For the Love of God I don't understand how people can even read H/G before HBP came out.Her character was even more poorer developed before HBP came out.Glad that you're oone of us and not them. :cheers:

13. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Sib-ff also had a good version of it. Still too sappy at times, but eh.

I would honestly say that his story is BETTER than HBP in a lot of ways, maybe not the climax, but the plot...absolutely.

The only things I DID like about HBP were Slughorn and Dumbledore's death. Slughorn is one of my favorite characters though. YOU GO, HORACE! YOU EAT THOSE CRYSTALLIZED PINEAPPLES!! :D :D :D

14. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I thought that Slughorn was even more of a stalker than Gin-Gin was. He was the one who would go out of his way to socialize with every famous, or soon-to-be famous, witch and wizard he ever met. The man is a popularity whore.

15. Lady Almaren

Am I the only one who felt that Dumbledore's death could've been written better? I mean he got killed by Severus Snape and was wounded by DRACO MALFOY!!!! Horocrux or not that doesn't even sound believable. I felt that he should've went down fighting in a big epic battle. 10-20 death eaters at a time. Something more inspiring than begging for his life. He was a Gryffindor damnit! He should've died like one.

16. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

17. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

It seems that after eleven pages, there aren't many new reasons to Hate the pairing other than the fact that Ginny is a stalker bitch who only wants Harry for his money and man-juice.

18. Lady Almaren

Sorry Midknight (love the banner)! Ginny deserves to die a horrible death and that's all that needs to be said. I'd wager the lovely Bella takes her down.

19. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I doubt you could find a single person in this whole forum who HASN'T read a H/G fic. Awakening Power, PoT, Hero Trilogy etc... I mean how on earth can you jusge a fic if you haven't read it?

Because she was practically a nonentity before HBP, can't make a judgement on a character you don't know. Fanon twisted her to their needs and JK followed suits to make her Super!Girl.

20. Harpy Prince

This reminds me of those episodes of Maury Povich where they bring out these ugly girls you used to make fun of when you were younger and suddenly make them hot. And you're standing there like.... :O_O: