1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Reason for hating Harry/Ginny?

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by chronic dragon, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

Sorry if I said it in a harsh way but it was meant to be a little sarcastic and humor with it.I know everyone must've read a H/G story once.The truth is that the only times I read H/G was by accident.Like they didn't show the pairings,the summary looked like a good story with no pairings posted.Same as Slash.

I was a H/Hr shipper when I first came on FF and still follow up on those stories that I read when I first came on FF.

2. Lady Almaren

Lady Almaren Seventh Year

I love H/Hr so much. Probably because I hate Ronnie with a passion. He's an idiot and completely pointless to the plot. The last thing he ever did that was worthwhile was the whole chess match in the first book. I think that Hermione can do so much better. That's why I was so glad that she got with Victor in book 4 (and I still support that relationship). I totally thought Harry would end up with her but NO! He's going out with Miss. Needs-A-Restraining-Order! Now the H/Hr fics are going down hill too. Ginny's a virus that must be stopped!

3. Lord Nemesis Black

Lord Nemesis Black Fourth Year

H/Hr would be a very good pairing for the story as long as Hermione is not the bossy type. The thing with H/G though I can't ever see working out. I mean she's so, i'm the motherly backwoods county girl that it's not even funny

4. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Acutally until HPB she didn't exist as a character. I just want to know what people think that Harry needs a girl who Mothers him, stands up to him, etc, is the right one for him. Personally, given his background, I think he needs a girls who would support him and be able to stand with him and not up to him. Which is why I like To Fight the Comming Darkness

Ginny isn't that girl. She would lord over him and I can see lots of temper clashes in the future. There are both strong willed and easy to anger, which would lead to some head on collisions in the future.

When dealing with anger like Harry's, which I find hard to believe he has considering his upbringing, you can't just stop it. You need to deflect it and redirect it. Ginny can't do that.

5. Lady Almaren

I completely agree. I think we should all get together and send JK a nice long email about what the people really want. Starting with the annilation of the H/G ship. And what is "To Fight the Comming Darkness"? Is it a fic or something? If so please provide a link, I need something to read right now.

6. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Yup it is. You can find the link in the Independent Harry Category. It’s a pretty good fic. A little dark but well written. Plus its Harry/Susan and I like unusual pairs.

You know that idea of emailing JKR is worth a thought. What if we got together and complied this thread into an email detailing our beliefs, maturely and politely? I for one would like to see her response.

7. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

I don't think it would be wise to send this thread, per se, but if someone were to edit this thread into a coherent argument against the Harry/Ginny ship, I think it could work. That person would of course need to supply suitable support for the arguments, but the very fact that Gin is practically a non-entity throughout most of the Harry Potter series, and still becomes Harry's love interest really does boggle the mind. Just how is it that the little redheaded bint can go from snot-nosed little idiot who almost sells her soul to someone worse than the devel, to (supposedly) being the only one who can unlock Harry's 'Amazing Power of Love' TM. That massive plot hole almost caused my brain to stop functioning.

8. Lady Almaren

That's what I'm saying. A nice email expressing our opinions in a intelligent and mature way. So no "ginsluts" or "die ginny dies". And I read something interesting in the Harry Potter Boards forum yesterday. The H/G fans called themselves "hariginnies". And no I'm not kidding. I got sick to my stomach.

9. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

My mind just asked WTF???? Hariginnies??? WTF????? Thats original..... Maybe you should float the idea of calling them Hernia... cause its sounds nicer than that name and easier to say. Honestly.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You know, I got the impression of HBP that the Harry/Ginny was more of a teenage fling rather than "true love". Didn't JKR say that there wasn't going to be time for any big romance or something? So the way I see it, even in canon, Harry/Ginny is gone and done for, never to pop up again. I mean, how many people ever fall in love with and marry the first (not counting Cho) person they date?

11. Lady Almaren

Good point. I just really wished that other people will realize that. Although she has me a little scared with the whole "power he knows not" thing. If it is love and Ginny is the key, I'll soak my books in acid.

12. Lord Nemesis Black

Other than Ginny playing at haveing a relationship with Harry I really don't see how she would factor in with haveing anything to do with defeating old snake face, I can see Hermione and Ron being there along with Luna and Nev but not Ginny.

13. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

No, that is something that Harry must do alone. He can not, and will not, be able to have anyone else there to help him during the final confrontation. Although, if I were Harry, I would probably just drop a tactical nuke on Riddle Manor, Malfoy Manor, Slytherin Castle (assuming there is one), and every single cave in the mountains, and every single isolated hut in the middle of an enchanted forest, just to make sure that the bastard's dead.

14. Lord Nemesis Black

I didn't mean to imply that they'd help Harry kill Voldie but, rather be the during the final battle to halp Harry get to Ole snake face.

I think a Tomahawk Cruise Missile would work nicely as well. An ICBM just doesn't have that personal touch if you ask me.

15. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

Yeah, but you get a bigger boom with a nuke or twenty. *cackles maniacally* :twisted:

16. Lord Nemesis Black

True while you do get a bigger boom with a nuke and it does make for an interesting ginny bon-fire, you would still have to deal with the fallout from it. Other the other hand it would give the Gin-slut a nice sickly green glow to her complexion.

17. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Wait... I would just like to rethink my previous posts for a moment...

Why do we actually need a reason to hate Harry/Ginny or just Ginny?

Shouldn't we just hate the red-headed-whore naturally?

18. Lord Nemesis Black

I don't see why not, i mean the only thing that i can think of that she is good for is over-used romance cliches and other things like that.

19. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

You can always use her to try out new torture methods, that's gotta be fun. :twisted:

20. Lady Almaren

New tortue methods!! Let me know when you guys start. As a nurseI can name a few medications that will keep her alive and awake as long as possible. Plus I know which areas would hurt the most but will allow her to live. (no use for the brat to die on us now is there?) Oh crap, I think you guys are starting to rub off on me.