1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Rebirth by Aya Macchiato

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Kurufinwe, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Kinser

Kinser Fourth Year

I've read 8 chapters so far, enough I feel to review it.

Since all stories start with a 5/5, as keeping an "A" is far harder than getting one. I'll start with the deductions.

The writing style itself is not terribly annoying so no deductions for that. The plot however is rather boring. -1.

The fact that it is slash also reduces it by 1 point. Personally I have a guilty pleasure for slash but the story is simply not compelling enough in that regard to not deduct the point.

The convoluted re-incarnation plot is boring, -0.5 points. The necromantic arts are not properly developed. I would have liked to know how the "filter" was destroyed for example. -0.5 points.

2/5. Not library worthy but better than 75% of the dreck out there that passes for HP fanfiction.

2. JimmyCranberry

JimmyCranberry High Inquisitor

You lost me at this:

And even though I braved to click the link, I backpedalled to the channel when I saw the author's attempt at writing. It's so poor that I can't even try to continue.

3. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Lost me at Slash, also.

4. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

I tried to give this a chance, but it's just plain terrible.

2/5 for decent grammar and nothing else.

5. Kinser

Kinser Fourth Year

Well after finishing up to chapter 24. I have to say that it is slowly improving. However, the addition of Tom's body being a completely random and seemingly muggleborn who became brain dead due to an automobile accident is perhaps the most boring rebirth scenario I could imagine existing.

I almost want to upgrade my rating from 2/5. But even if I did it would likely still not be considered library worth. If this story doesn't end up turning into absolute shit...which it still can (though if the author's profile on FFN is accurate is less likely to happen than with someone younger) I would venture to saying that this could be a guilty pleasure fic or even an almost recommended fic.

Despite the obvious cliches its kept me reading for some inexplicable reason. I don't know maybe my standards are slipping.

6. joetheblade

joetheblade Backtraced

got to say this is one of my favourite stories at the minute
    5/5 for me

7. Judicator

Judicator Squib DLP Supporter

I quite like this story, I think its my favorite one right now. I dont find it cliche or boring at all.

4/5 for me. Thanks.