1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Reign of the Serpent by AlphaEph19 - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Fruit, May 15, 2014.

1. Rhaegar I

Rhaegar I Death Eater

The sad thing is that if it weren't for Hermione, this would make for a pretty cool AU. Any Fic that makes me like Bellatrix must be doing something right.

2. Stan

Stan Order Member

True. Like I said before, if only the author had given Hermione a chance to learn and grow into her mature/manipulative self, this would have been a great story. Instead she's a crying wreck one day and planning revolution the next.

If it helps, I think the author has at least understood that he is overpowering Hermione since a large part of the last two chapters has gone into showing that Hermione isn't nearly as smart as she thinks she is. Malfoy outmaneuvers her and Slughorn calls her out on her shit, and then she loses an important duel. If the author comes back and rewrites some of the excess Hermione wank, the story would be much better for it.

3. TheProphet1.1

TheProphet1.1 Squib

This is definitely a different take it has its faults however they don't detract from the overall story yet.

4. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

This finally got an update (13k words) and it's not half bad.

5. silverlasso

silverlasso Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I'm enjoying this story. There's definitely stuff that makes me cringe (Riddle/Hermione's heart-to-heart, Hermione finding a book by Merlin in the restricted section) but overall I want to keep reading. I just hope Harry gets stronger and is actually better than Hermione at something important.