1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rift

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Kthr, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I bought this game and have been playing it for about 10 days now.

I haven't played a major MMORPG since WoW vanilla, and I'm definitely enjoying this. There's just so much to do. Leveling is very, very fast but I find myself being sidetracked by warfronts and rifts.

Really the thing that will make or break this game for me is the end-game content.

2. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Been playing this since its pre-order advanced launch went live a week or so before the actual release date and hit 50 in that week, and that was mostly because I was taking it real slow, reading quests/lore, enjoying the amazing scenery and generally just role-playing.

End game is pretty much what you expect, folks either go hard at PvP or run expert dungeons to collect their plaques and buy gear with 'em. Very few have moved onto the raid dungeon so far. The new major event (River of Souls) is nothing special so far either - do dailies, close death rifts, collect tokens. That's only the first stage though, the rest look quite promising.

TLDR: I'm having a ball. Picked this up as something to carry me over till Star Wars comes out and have been very pleasantly surprised.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

I play on Asphodel, which was a very low pop server until recently when they added it to the recommended list. Not a lot of 50s there yet if you're looking for a server where you won't start leagues behind everyone.

5. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

My main is a Defiant mage on Reclaimer named Amaris.

6. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

50 Guardian Cleric on Faemist, also got a 40 Warrior.

7. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

50 Defiant Mage on Belmont. Really not looking to reroll on another server either, or even on the same server for that matter.

8. Midknight

=P So out of this entire thread, and all our guys, only me and you stayed on Belmont o_O

Snagged yet another free key off FB, G92E-9XMW-LPK7-CPFY-M73Z

Their last key said for the weekend, but it lasted for at least a week, if not a week and a half. Didn't buy the game, just downloaded the trial, entered the code on Trion's website management console, and it let me play.

14 Defiant Cleric Shaman/Justicar/Druid build atm. Feel overpowered, but still kind of balanced by not being able to heal others worth jack shit, but I can soak like 4 times my health bar in damage via shaman ice shield/druid tree shield, healing bumps from my damage healing me, my pet healing me, and then the heal self spell. Juggling a ton of keys at once though.

9. ChaosGuy

ChaosGuy Unspeakable

You won't/wouldn't feel invincible by level 50 Middy, at least not in expert dugeons, those hurt SO much. I haven't played a cleric yet, do they have an in-battle rez? Or is that Chloromancer and Storm Caller (WTF a DPS soul has a rez?) only?

10. Midknight

I dunno, I know Clerics have several rez's, but they're further along in the lines that I probably aren't bothering with for awhile. I'm mostly a soloer, so I can't see myself putting a bunch of points into the heal others stuff unless I have to, since the armor you can get from farming rifts and the cleric buffs are so awesome that I can just pump up his damage potential and damage soaking. With what I've seen as a cleric, a warrior must be a goddamned rockwall.

11. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

You have to.

But that's what multiple roles are for.

12. Agnostics Puppet

Agnostics Puppet Professor

At level 31, as a Paladin-Warlord-Voidknight, I can round up upwards of 8 enemies and burn them down. And survive. With my buddy healing me and dropping DPS on them I can do twice that.

's fun.

13. Midknight

14. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

So much bloody rage, paid 3x that a month ago. Any Dlp'ers playing on EU servers?

>_< 16$ that just makes me mad.

15. Midknight

16. Master-666

Master-666 Third Year

As far as I understand, those are just for the client with no gametime.

17. Midknight

Even if its just for the client, that"s still the basic edition for what 10 bucks, and collectors edition for 16. I'll try it this week and see if it comes with the free month or not. But still, even if it doesnt, all the collectors edition stuff, plus the 5% more exp item more then makes it worth it

18. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Pretty sure you get a free month. I did when I bought the collectors edition. By the way, Happy Fathers day Midknight.

19. Midknight

20. Kthr

Kthr Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Shit, I missed it. I came here to ask if anyone is still playing the game, as I'm waiting for a promotion so I can buy the game and saw this.

Raging so much.