1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rise of A Dark King by Naga's Shadow - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by RagefulLlama, Apr 14, 2006.

1. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

She created a body mirroring her elf body.

2. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

There you go thanks for clarifying it for me.I usually just skim through a story and go back and reread it later.

3. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

I've been starting to get into this, freaky as it is but still its got the action that fics seem to be lacking and is set at a nice pace.

4. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

Harry fucking a dementor puts it high up on my hot and forbidden aspect list, right along with my Harry fucking female self and DGoC Lily screwing.

Probably higher.

5. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Not really, he's basically fucking a high elf. It's not like he's imagining the bony dementor as he's boning her...unless I missed something.

Freaky concept but mehe...whatever.

6. SuBzEr0

SuBzEr0 First Year

Im Sure That Under The Robes the Author will make its some perfect beutiful girl who makes other females look like crap

7. Element

Element Seventh Year

What would you want the author to do? Make her a skeleton? Oooh, bad mental image. Necro!Harry has a new meaning.. ;)

Anyway, I'm enjoying this story, kind of. Ok, I'm skimming through a bit of it, because it hasn't totally caught my interest. I can't remember, but isn't Harry a bit of a sappy git in this one? I gotta go read it again.

Edit: I think, perhaps, the author needs to give its readers another reason to read apart from the forbidden romance aspect.

8. SuBzEr0

SuBzEr0 First Year

Hey i rather she be hot the under the robes dont get me wrong who the hell wants him getting it on with a skeleton :puke:

9. Mrriddler

Very bad image.

Well, there's that prospect of threesome...not really, but mehe. :mrgreen:

10. Scarty

Scarty Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I think he should be happy with what he get, what if Neri was a male Dementor? o_O

11. Mrriddler

Enough sickness...seriously.

On topic:

I though ch. 6 had an interesting twist. Harry blaming Neri for making him what he is rather than the real baddies. This could have been explored better, but it's a good semi-angst idea; blaming people who try to help you for not doing enough rather than the people who did wrong.

12. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I thought the fight scene was pretty well done.

The blame-Neri part went down the drain, though, as he felt sorry 10 seconds later.

It's not a bad thing though. I really enjoy this story, alot. It's better than a whole lot of shit, and the OCness of him travling is well done.

The only thing I really hate is the watch and the time dialation thing. It brings memories of Serpent Scorceror *shiver*.

13. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Its better than most common Azkaban stories

14. SuBzEr0

SuBzEr0 First Year

True most Azkaban stories are like him being betrayed be everyone but Snape,Remus,and Tonks and he eventually foregives them or kills them

15. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

This was better then most Azkaban stories but in the latest chapter so do I not think that The Order should have taken Harry with them during the attack. They had just meet him and were very clear that they dont trust him and then they take him with them and trust him not to betray them during battle.

16. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

Well, Moody made a comment about not trusting him yet... Other than that,, it seems stupid of them. Then again, these are the same people who believe Harry is guilty on completely circumstantial evidence that smells of "Framed". I'm not all that surprised, the Order has never seemed like the brightest crayon in the box.

I liked the story. When reading the summary, though, I expected it to be another of those "Snape/Draco rescues him" fictions. The fact it was completely different got me hooked. It's written well enough, and has some entertaining ideas.

The whole "Dementor romance" was particularly amusing. My sister once added a note to one of my stories I had her beta with something like that. Fortunatly, this one actually gave the dementor a body instead of rotting flesh. (to note: I don't let her near my stories anymore.) The "blaming" scene was annoying, though. Very cliche, what story with romance doesn't have something like this? Grr.

It's just about the only Azkaban story outside of parody that I'm still following.

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  17. CGB

CGB Auror

Jup, this story is rather orginell. Just the whole Dementor romance thing... It's disturbing and amusing at the same time. But I like it nevertheless

18. Myst

Myst Headmaster

The Dementor thing is weird. It is a fairly orginal Azkaban story... It's just pretty weird.

19. Void Sorcerer

Void Sorcerer Groundskeeper

This is one of the best Azkaban stories that I have read, and it has some very interesting ideas in it so far, I just can't wait to see some more.

20. Naga's Shadow

Naga's Shadow Seventh Year

Wow. So much more insight than the reviews I get. I just wanted to say I didn't take the idea from you guys, actaully never even heard of this site untill yesterday.