1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Rise of the Vongola by FoxboroSalts - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Skeletaure, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Write a better one then, otherwise shut your cunt trap up. Non-authors haven't got shit to say against someone who has actually written something.

Review system is to search out good stories, not lambaste established authors about stories they wrote when they first started out. Now, kindly go eat a giant bag of diseased dicks.

As for the story, its like everyone else said it was, a rip off from that one douches story where he was all about the style and the white coat, or something.

3/5 because someone else saw DLP as a legit site and not an Internet Hate Machine, and accepted good advice.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  2. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

That was quite rude. Constructive criticism on a fic is much more appreciate than senseless bashing.

I liked Daakath quite a bit and it proved that an author with skill can make most any premise work, even if it isn't to a reader's taste.

3. damen zabini

damen zabini First Year

Good Show Sesc.

4. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

You're a proper swell fellow, Sesc. I look up to you.

5. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

You really are stupid. How does Harry+Japanese anime=dumb shitty story add up. Its not the crossovers its writers who write cant write to save their lives and dont think their story through. There are good Harry anime crossovers you just have to look. Thats means you dont pic every single story out there you have to actually look at the plot.

Otherwise i think the story was average. It just needs to be cleaned up and make some of the plot points more original. Also Harry should act more his age. Like a ten year old wont walk away from shooting someone that would leave deep mental problems. 3/5

6. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

^ Fixed that for you (I even fixed your grammar and spelling!).

There are a few crossover gems here and there, but HP/[Anime] crossovers suck such massive, shriveled donkey balls as a rule that it's both easier and accurate to say they all fail.

As for the story up for review, there's not much more to be said. 2.5/5 for the effort.

7. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

That would be the Bella from Twilight.

Less rage more reviewing, yes?

8. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Royalduke's assertion is prejudiced, dismissive, and a sweeping generalization. I'm shocked and appalled he would post such a thing. What a bastard!

And he is completely right.

Even Dakaath was a good fic in spite of the Japanese problems. They were faults, but were outweighed by LT2000's matchless writing style and the asskicking in there. Other authors aren't as well-equipped to overcome the intrinsic fail-ness of the anime elements.

9. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It is true that Harry + Japanese stuff fails, but as someone who hasn't touched anime in his life, I am happily unaware of any anime elements to this story. How exactly is a mafia Japanese? Is it because it's a "good guy mafia"?

10. Junky

Junky Squib DLP Supporter

No, it is because the Vongola family is taken from the manga/anime Katekyō Hitman Reborn!

11. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

Like Taure, I've never touched anime, so I am also unaware of the anime elements. I actually really enjoy this story, it isn't the best story out there, and it isn't the most original, yet I found myself really liking it.

12. Knox

Knox The Last Remnant DLP Supporter

At the crossroad where the demon lies. Waiting to
    This fic fails, it rapes both Harry Potter and Katekyo Hitman. 1/5

13. royalduke

royalduke Backtraced

Your very self centered. For you information, I have been following DLP for more than a year now. I just never registered, DLP is quite unique and I love it.

---------- Post automerged at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

Couldn't agree more. By the way Darklordcuddles, just admit your an anime fan!

[​IMG]
    Harry/Fleur Forever and ever!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  14. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I will say it i like anime but that wont effect how i view a story. Plus this is Dark Lord POTTER so if i like anime it has nothing to do with this site.

15. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Just seeing all the grammar errors in the summary of that fic is enough to tell me that I don't want to read it.

Also, watch who you smack talk around here. Fucking retard. I might agree that Dakaath is not my best work and not really worthy of the following it has, but damned if I'm going to sit back and take any kind of shit from someone who's so clearly lacking in intelligence. As...flawed...as my first attempt at writing a fanfic was, I could (then and now) shit out a better story than what you could come up with on your best day. I would suggest that you go right back to lurking. You ain't got the brains to hang around here, son.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  16. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

Heil Grammatik!

[​IMG]

17. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I agree with LT's post 100 percent. Even if he doesn't think Dakaath was a good story I know I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it.

18. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Ditto; LT's one of my favorite authors in both Naruto and Harry Potter. Royalduke, no one here gives a fuck about how long you've lurked before signing up. We're all bastards at times, but we don't diss other people's work if we haven't got shit to show ourselves. So either make something better, or shut up. Because DLP has banned people for less. (Maybe. Not really sure.)

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Aw, it's not fair to ask him to do what he clearly can't. And yeah, we definitely have.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
  20. royalduke

royalduke Backtraced

I wasn't saying you were a bad writer or anything, I was just trying to say that the story was not the best that i have read. I mean the writing was great, but the idea was....