1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Rivers of Blood by Soulforger - M

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by ip82, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Raijin

Raijin Slug Club Member

or maybe because Harry Potter is labeled as a children's book due to the lack of actual violence and fanfiction is based from the fans of a children's book.

2. Lucas13

Lucas13 Second Year

hum... or because most of the public that reads fanfiction are 13-15 year old girls that love slash.... and will review anything that has boy-boy relationships in them...

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I found this pretty good, even with the cliche super powers and his pet lioness. I just ignored them and focused on the violent killings.

Lucas, I have quite a few stories. The 'Work by Author' section holds them all. Well, all the Harry Potter ones.

4. The Sinner

The Sinner Looked into the void

Somewhere between the heretic and Un'aria
    I hate to be the first to say this... I really do... HONEST... but I did not like this story.

I won't elaborate on it, I just did not like it.

But hey, to each his own.

5. CGB

CGB Auror

I think it was funny so far. I wouldn't label it great, but it was quite good.

6. dhampirking

dhampirking Looked into the void

Well, the author obviously likes the owl, Hedwig. That's about it so far.

7. Xenon

Xenon Professor

I thought it was a great start so far. I'm looking forward to reading more of this. However, with that said, use of extremly bad puns are unforgiveable:

Qoute: "Harry removed his arm from the auror's thorax with a wet popping sound, still holding the man's heart.

"Eat this with your stew!" said Harry tossing the heart into a plate filled with rabbit stew. "Maybe it'll cheer you up! You look a bit...disheartened!"
    "

FAIL!

8. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Why not? If Tarantino can sell that shit to millions, why couldn't others?

9. Xenon

Xenon Professor

What? I know I don't have the best memory in the world, but I can't seem to remember Tarantino having any horrible puns. qoutes? Or did you think I was against the rampaging harry? If thats the case, I can assure you I'm all for gratuitous violence.

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Oh come on, Tarantino is the master of taking clished, cheezy pulp-fiction campy lines and making them look cool.

11. Xenon

Xenon Professor

meh. guess my memorys just shot then. Must have been distracted by the blood/drugs/coolness and not been paying attention to the dialogue. At any rate, this athour is no tarantino.

12. Coranth

Coranth Guest

The third chapter was great! I loved how Hedwig thought of the Weasleys, and how she made Ron like Mad-Eye Moody. It seemed to me like Hedwigwas as evil and twisted as her Master. Well... Wizards do have bonds with their familiars, so perhaps as Harry went dark in Azkaban, she became dark with him. Anyways, we need more fics like this, with Evil!/Twisted!/Insane!Hedwig. Keep it up!

13. Sanctimonius

Sanctimonius Guest

That story was pretty sick.... in both ways...

14. f77

f77 Backtraced

I think that the way the dementors ran away from Harry was a bit odd... Not good odd, but terrible odd. Harry being super powerful made the story plumet in my books. I liked Ron's characterization in the third chapter, lots of backstory there. I felt the Hedwig scene was being overdone a bit, especially Hedwig taking care of the old bird. Owls don't care if their young ones fight to death, so why should they care about old owls. Maybe I'm mistaking it with eagles...?

Anyways, I won't be following this fic, it just doesn't seem right to me... If that makes any sense.

15. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Remember these are Magical Owls -_-

16. f77

f77 Backtraced

And your point is...? I think that the owls were trained to be magical pets, not born that way. But it isn't mentioned in canon so...

17. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    F77: They're owls, get the fuck over it.

18. Ppsh

Ppsh Raptured to Hell

Story was great. I dont think the pun's were bad (not that there were a lot) actually that "disheartened" joke had me laughing for ages.

I generally prefer story's where Harry decides to kill Hedwig and eat her for dinner, but its alright if she's evil too.

19. f77

f77 Backtraced

Lol. I havent seen any stories where Harry eats Hedwig, but I feel like laughing when I picture it.

The best thing about this story is the first person. If he continues it for a while, until it becomes novel length then this will easily be one of my favorites.

20. Fuegodefuerza

Fuegodefuerza Minister of Magic

To me, this isn't a story that you can really critique. It's just meant to be a super!Harry who kills everyone indiscriminately using brute force. If you read it without a critical eye, it's absolutely hilarious. Especially Harry's indifference to peoples' deaths. Definitely RECOMMENDED.