1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ima quickhop onto that

lynch: Stanari

wagon real quick.

And then I'm not gonna deal with all you children either, because I just finished dealing with children, and I cannot tolerate you mindless fools any longer.

I will note that from what I can see all this pointless arguing in chat just seems like a big smokescreen and I don't like it.

2. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    There's a bit of history between Regfan and me behind my opening post. Regfan and I talk about mafia on Skype a lot and generally just share experiences with each other. You would think the stuff I wrote would be common sense for anyone, and to some extent it is, but in the overwhelming majority of his scum games, people have a tendency to just ignore him almost entirely at late-game no matter how obvious it is when he lurks or fabricates pushes, which usually prompts a response from him of "I'm not even doing anything to game solve anymore. so town amirite???". I don't have a clue how it happens, but I would really rather it not happen here, so I wanted to lay it all out immediately. Regfan is also correct when he says I came up with the idea to make that post in pregame, fwiw; so.

I am the most interested in Waco's read on me, namely the fact that I don't buy how he goes from "she's not familiar with him" and thinks that that must mean "she probably thinks he's an easy lynch and is deciding to push there!" and doesn't stop to think of it any other way at all - this is not a natural thought process, and falls in stark contrast to i.e. Fable, who scum reads my entrance but then looks at my Cobalt read and thinks "she's not familiar with him, I think her read could be just... her not being familiar with him", or Regfan (same minus scum reading my entrance). I think it looks a lot more like scum following a consensus read, while attempting to figure out an original reason for it to make it look like they're doing something different.

I also generally think Waco's posts outside of that are pretty weak and get the impression that he's just floating around and commenting on things more than taking hard stances. Someone can correct me if this is usual for him early-game.
    The Waco Kid; what, specifically, in my Cobalt read came off as disingenuous?

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Answering mention first; I skimmed up to page 12-ish and saw some things which I will deal with in a moment.

pienyan
    I am posting awkwardly. Playing with an unfamiliar crowd (particularly one where most people know each other) tends to tilt me for the first few days.

I am experienced enough to not trip over my own feet as either alignment.*

*If you have specific questions, I can answer those, but "how experienced are you" is never going to get a answer from me that's not self-deprecating, lol.

4. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Alright. I'm mostly just interested in seeing where your reads are at when you catch up.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm mostly pissed off, Vaimes, because there was almost no opportunity to engage other players as I intended. I wanted to get a reaction out of Fable, Stanari, pienyan, and if he ever showed up, dC, if at all possible, and I thought the rest of the player list who knows me would have the courtesy to keep their mouth shut while I was in the process of that. Prod me over some of the names and their placements in the wall, fine, but don't just out and out explain what I'm doing until I'm already done, thanks.

Now color-coordinated for your pleasure.

Without pulling direct post links, I don't like the Cobalt/Jarizok interaction in #120. I prefer to converse and settle the matter and the two of them dancing around each other there pings me. Also don't like Cobalt's w/Acio responses or his behavior overall, agree with Vaimes #131/136 on that.

Don't really like Jarizok's w/anyone so far either, as its coming off too carefree. Mostly scum-leaning him for w/w Cobalt.

Soft-null line: All of them need to post more. What little they've done so far isn't moving me one way or the other.

Null-town-lean line: Everyone here has, to varying effort, made interactions or attempts that warrant further consideration, with the order progressing by least to most town favorability.

Vaimes: Meta. Feels like our last vanilla game together where I replaced in for another user. He was on my case off and on the first few Days and I was riding him too.

Fonti: Meta. Feels like her HPM self. Interacting well.

Acio/Reg: Actively attempting to solve the game, have favorable interactions by and large.

Jan: Meta. Feels like MM self. Fewer but still favorable interactions, gaming solving.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yo Zen, if HPM stands for HP Mafia, I'm gonna have to point out that she was the mod in HP Mafia.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Then once more I'm a moron for getting the games mixed up. You'd think I would have remembered that since she was the one to axe me. Meant MM.

---------- Post automerged at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:03 ----------

Also, heading out again. We'll respond further in a few hours.

---------- Post automerged at 15:06 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

EBWOP: For fucks sake, will respond further.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I mean you did get a reaction out of me at least. Did it tell you anything?

Still don't get DC getting his own separate line from the rest of the nulls BTW.

9. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Backtracking to this because it's the main thing that stood out wrt whatever the heck happened last night; this rings pretty true to me. Not as sure that it couldn't be, uh, w/v (?).

Cobalt white-knighting me is a little weird, even if tongue in cheek.

On the other hand I can see myself doing the exact same thing as town, so perhaps not.

One suggests that my scumgame is very obvious and that this is not it.

One suggests that you have no idea why I made that vote.

-

I'm sure I'll have an actual read on pie very soon because she's doing lots of things and those things seem pretty AI, but right now all I see is indicativeness and not alignment.

-

Hmm.

This does not seem consistent with any perception of Cobalt I have previously held.

This strikes me as a little odd but I'm not sure why.

Through page 11, starting on 12 now.

---------- Post automerged at 12:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 PM ----------

Hmm.

Lol.

First instinct is to call this a sliver town.

I think the relative length of my catchups is a pretty good indicator that I ran out of attention span halfway through. Whoops.

10. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Zenzao Can I ask what part of my play in HPM is similar to what I'm doing here?

---------- Post automerged at 04:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Boo. Boooooo.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Adults don't have time for your childish games.

12. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Concern mainly comes from this sequence of events happening in my last game with him where he was scum. The context is different though and if vaimes hasn't changed his meta towards a really confident scumgame then yeah I agree that this is pretty far outside. ("Hey I think you're making a mistake here" vs "You look like you're using this to fill space")

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Vote: Plotless

Are you rusty or inexperienced?

14. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

I've played one game of mafia before, in the American Gods Mafia

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He hasn't.

16. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Okay. Would you care to vote for someone?

What are your opinions on Vaimes, Jarizok, Jan, and Regfan? Don't research these unless you remember something specific, just shoot from the hip.

---------- Post automerged at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

Oh, and Zenzao.

17. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Why are Kai/quid more town than blab/fable?

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Alright, done with all my errands for the day, I should be online through midnight if not closer to 4 am EST, though I will break periodically around 11 for Toonami and daily writing.

*Mountainous, I had HPM players(Kai, Miner, Waco, Jari) on my mind as I was making notes and by the time that I got to you.

I used to suspect the way you'd take your time about things as scummy as a holdover from... Lexicat's game, I think, when I was introduced to you as scum. I mostly used that as a reason to avoid really looking at you very hard and just shrug and paranoia side-eye you and doubt you until you died in the Night in our past games together. While this did sort-of work I think after Mimefia and more recently Mountainous I'm getting a better grasp of how you play as either alignment.

Since none of that actually addresses your question however, your vote on Stanari in #59 is an example. You're applying some pressure to get a response. Your follow-up in #72. While you are being witty from time to time(#78), you're also solving the game(#174, #204, #206) as you go, which is a very different result to your avoidance and lolololing in Mimefia up until I pushed your buttons and you went nuclear on my ass.

Not as much as I would have liked if we could have kept it going for a few more posts.

DC gets his own line because he's absent. He hasn't done anything, period. I also put him up there alone in the colorless wall as a way to try and offer some credit to the direction the wall ran(top-down, rather than bottom-up) because most people would put an absent player toward the townie side.

The longer the game goes without him doing anything and not being replaced, however, the more likely he is to start slipping into scum-lean territory for the possibility of lurking out the Day(and please note that I am not accusing him of this at present, I'm just saying this is a typical scum player behavior[see Von in... Narutomafia? I think]).

Mostly because I know them better and they aren't striking me in a bad way. Kai's banter with Jan(#33, #36), his #178, #195, and #205 are making attempts to solve the game. They aren't great but they are good and they fit his meta for me.

While Quid is being tongue-in-cheek with Fonti and otherwise throughout(#41, #43, #75, #215), he is also being serious from time to time(#77, #192, #198, #213, #219). He's more active then he was when he was Tobi in Narutomafia.

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    dichotomousCreator game's started

Zenzao I'll note wrt DC: he is a /prolific/ poster as town or scum and lurking out the game is 100% not his style

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Alright, that's good to know, thank you.