1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Regfan I have no reaction to that post.

I mean, are you saying "Jarizok has nothing going on, the only reads he's providing are contingent on one that I dislike, and unsubstantiated, plus a random"? I get that, but it's too early for me to feel OMGUSy about it.

---------- Post automerged at 08:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 PM ----------
    Zenzao For some reason, this is the first time I read your avatar. [​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:01 PM ----------

[​IMG]

---------- Post automerged at 08:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Sigh. Not only do we have shit smileys, I can't even get ones I link to work?

---------- Post automerged at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Fun fact: only 1/2 of the ones in which I'm supposedly 'serious', have any serious content at all.

---------- Post automerged at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 PM ----------

Oh boy

This book will change your life

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Ugh, well that'll teach me to refresh the signup thread and wonder why the game's not starting >____>

okay gimme a sec to read all this and I'll post thoughts

3. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At52XGlZ_3Y

4. Quiddity

High Score:
    I remember that game fondly, and would love to repeat it. Call me up anytime you're interested.

Anyway, your theory is that you've found w/w/w or at least w/w? You don't think the oddness of the interaction could be a) normal v/v disagreement, or b) a single w?

Like I think you brought up a #interesting point on Regfan that I'm likely to reread. But it's kind of discredited by the reliance on (minimum) Vaimes being with.

---------- Post automerged at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------

Yeah, it's that one. You don't get why Waco, Regfan, and I all jumped on it?

Also, you think I would deliberately attack bad over scummy? That's a really odd track to take.

---------- Post automerged at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Have we played together?

5. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

hm.

I like acio and blab.

I don't hate vaimes, jan or pienyan.

I'd be ok to lynch cobalt, quiddity or jarizok?

That seems about right probably.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I guess Kai is okay.

7. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fair enough.

Haha, thanks. I can't remember which game I first used it in but I wasn't feeling very happy with Newcomb after the gif conversation when I picked it for this game.

A fun fact for your fun fact: It wasn't animated originally. I customized that flipping the bird. Left the text as-is though.

You know I tend to pull generalizations when I'm reading. The point is that whether you meant it as 'super cereal' or not, you weren't just joking around which is the tone I was getting from earlier posts that I also quoted.

I like to joke that I'm always tired to one degree or another, but right now I'm feeling like a few cylinders short of a crankshaft and pulling things together is a bit muddled upstairs, so please elaborate.
    Quid, I know you, but I don't know you. You're 0.5 Fonti's right now. I'm picking up something of your play style, as I noted you don't feel like Narutomafia so far, but when it comes down to specifics then I'm less certain.

Welcome to the game, dC.

8. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Vaimes
    Cobalt
    Jan

Reg
    Blab
    Acio

Everyone else

Pien

Zen

Is where I'm at aorn, the tough part is I kind of don't see pien and zen as wolves together for the simple reason of more than one wolf coming out against cobalt as strongly as they both have doesn't seem likely to me.

9. Quiddity

High Score:
    This is the post:

This is Plotless' first, and basically only reads post. He has yet to place a vote. In it, he's basically casting shade around left, right and centre, with nothing following up. His read on me is the most explicit example of that, as he instantly backs away from it. But it's also there in the earlier part, notice how he references other lynches as being better, but never expounds ton them and certainly doesn't commit.

lol, fair, though I feel like I pontificate about my play a lot.

I definitely tend to attack bad play, but I try not to.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    With the exception of the Cobalt placement I like the sheer majority of Zenzao's placements inside Post #252 and found his reaction towards me spoiling his gambit inside Post #259 and Post #262 as fairly townie although it's somewhat weakened by it being something he does frequently; will probably take a look at 1-2 of his past ones to see if Fontisians comment about it not being as townie as any merit too. I also liked his explanation behind his read on Fontisian in Post #298.

blab - Would like a quick idea of where your heads at reads wise; got any strong town reads, if so who and why because it's rather hard to actually follow where you're at right now.

Vaimes - I consider myself to be a decent reader of pie given how much we've spoken about our play and I'm not really confident enough to make a call at all yet so looking forward to your explanation there.

@Acio - I'm not aware of Vaimes having a meta change at DLP at all, there was a period where he attempted to actively cut down the number of posts he had but well that failed inside the same game and the very next one where he attempted the same thing, this is just his town play.

I...think I like Jarizoks big explanation of how he's reading Vaimes/Myself in Post #301, I think it's something he might believe in and the way he's trying to stop himself from tunneling entirely into it looks decent. Will say that my hesitation on reading Vaimes's last game was due to disliking a few of his earlier posts and thinking they made sense coming from mafia, I don't see that of his posting this game at all. I also did...quite a bit of meta reading into Vaimes during last game to make sure my town read was correct there so that I wouldn't lose the game and would like to think I've got a better grasp of him as a player.

I don't like Miners response towards Jarizok in Post #303 at all, it being the first ~24 hours of D1 means the absolute opposite of what Miners stating and using that reasoning to infer a scum read on Jarizok doesn't feel genuine

I think it's very weak, would expect there to be stronger reasoning to have to have town reads on players at that point in the game, pretty much think it's a poor answer but don't really think it's hugely AI though.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

But, I mean, I felt that all the people who jumped on the fonti wagon after RVS was over was sketchy as fuck.

Also, Quid, you stole RVS'ing fonti from me.

12. Quiddity

High Score:
    Gah, I'm sorry. This is Acionyx

13. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm confused by this. Mainly the "absolute opposite" part.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Talk to me a bit about these reads, specifically the Quiddity one.

Fable - Can you explain the Zenzao scum read for me please? I'm leaning town on him.

Early D1 (At least the first half of the day phase) isn't really the time to tunnel into a world of "X+Y are scum", that's actually pretty harmful to do since it creates early conf-bias and turns the thread into focusing more on that specific few players rather than getting reads elsewhere. You wanting him to do that rather than step back and revisit it later if he still believes it is troubling.

15. Quiddity

High Score:
    Now that you've mentioned it, I had the opposite reaction to Zenzao's gambit. It's not quite "this is scummy", so much as it just seemed OTT reaction for what it was. I mean, we all know Zenzao screws around like that, but this seemed a stronger reaction for less underlying it than I normally see from him. I was actively rolling my eyes to skip past them.

I think I'll try to find the big screwed-up one from Stardew Valley.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

Bruh, I want him to do it so I can read him. Not because I actually believe in his case.

---------- Post automerged at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

Also, the fact that he's scumreading Vaimes probably has a huge part in why I want him to go all in there.

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yo, Fable. If you feel that strongly about it why haven't you swapped your vote? Level a little pressure? You've been sitting pretty on Fonti for a while now.

Okay, now that you've pointed that out I do agree. Makes me feel better about you and worse about him.

Mm. Also, thanks for clarifying.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Adult, but you know what happened when he went all in on a scum read he had early D1 (ala SVM re; Fonti), even if it means he comes slightly more readable when doing it the negatives massively outweigh the positives. I'd much rather hear him state and explain reads elsewhere and revisit Vaimes if he still believes he's scum (lol) later in the day phase.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    EBWOP: And then a host of bloody ninjas' appeared out of that backdrop scenery.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Regfan

Can't get over how contrived his reads list feels and I don't really believe him when he said it was a gambit. How was it suppose to work? Also separating dC from the rest of nulls makes little sense to me no matter how zen tries to explain it and him saying dC is more likely a villager isn't consistent with where he put him, he should be on the other side of the nulls in that case. Just not getting a solvey vibe from him at all.