1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

are we really going to go through this song and dance again after last game.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Because that's not how I play, I don't really vote until I feel sure and while you're my biggest wolf read atm I'm not confidant in it yet and want to give things a chance to develop and make sure I'm not just tunneling for no reason.

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Fable - I think Fontisians response towards him posting the reads list initially confirms that it's a gambit he frequently does so I think "don't believe it was a gambit" is a line of logic that doesn't hold up at all. Placement of DC is pretty minor to me, if you're playing it based on a "Everyone starts at line X and when they act townie they move down" and he's felt better about everyone bar Cobalt & Jarizok then the placement does make sense, you could argue the lack of scum reads there is problematic but I don't have a lot myself. I think the lack of solving is a bit unfair re; the amount of reads he's elaborated on so far. I certainly aren't super confident in him being town, I'm just not seeing your scum read as the level that it's placed on in your wall.

@Kai - Yes, we are. I'll happily settle for you just elaborating on Q.

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

Yes, but this time we're not letting him self-sac for Vaimes.

Jeez.

5. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Gah, I cbf'd, as I don't remember what it was, let alone where in the thread to look. Unless Zenzao would like to help me along?

6. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Okay still don't think it makes any sense as a gambit since I don't understand at all how it was suppose to work. Also to be clear I'm 100% fine with dC being used as a null line since that's what he should be used as at this point but then saying 90% of the game is villagery is very iffy to me since that comes across as someone not being very discerning with their reads and that is a red flag to me.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I'll think about it and let you know later.

8. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hence the reason I was pulling it on players who shouldn't have seen/known it already. I have always posted my walls in reverse order, and when I have the opportunity I always attempt to bait a reaction from users I haven't played with before.

As for the rest Reg already covered it just fine.

Bullshit. Then explain why you voted Fonti earlier? You're still sure she's scum? And by all means, tunnel on me. Bring some heat. Vaimes could use some assistance hitching up to my wagon.

I can find the opening parts from Mountainous but its giving me hell too trying to find where I explained the process when I used it on Lyric, so have Mimefia(#167, #172, #185), as an appetizer until I dig it up later. Don't want to trawl through HPM right now either.

Do you think I'm going to have a fully fleshed out read-wall sub-48 hours into D1?

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    It's less about the end result and more about what it does to the thread - having Jarizok go all in on Vaimes being mafia now just creates a distraction and puts focus on an area I don't think needs or deserves it. You got any actual reads and thoughts you want to share so far?

I think Zenzao elaborated on how it's meant to work; it's meant to catch scum with TMI that have been already informed or are told that his walls are in that manner, I'd argue that it's not a hugely successful gambit but he's said he has caught Fontisian from it in the past so shrug? And sure, him having no scum reads outside of those two aren't great but I don't think it's the sort of reasoning that translates to him being your strongest scum read while ignoring the content and reads he has shared.

Works for me.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    To the gambit point that just seems like silyl to me and more like entrapment then a way to get any sort of valuable information cuz most people read reads list the same way regardless of alignment.

To the fonti point I have to question how closely you're reading the game I already said when blab asked that wasn't a real vote and if you look at my recent reads list she's still in the null section so I'm not sure where this reaction is coming from.

And no I don't expect I fully fleshed out reads list atm I don't have one either but I don't really get having only one true null read is all.

11. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Lynch: Fable

Okay...down to business. Not quoting b/c this post would become unmanageable given catchup status. On a related note, this IS going to be huge so feel free to skip to the end if you don't care about my blow-by-blow of everything that's jumped out at me so far.

#23 and #32 give me a mild good feeling about Jan, in the "it's either town or calculated scum behaviour" sense (i.e. it certainly COULD be faked, but if it is it represents a specific effort to do so which is less likely than behaviour that is just "scum natural")

#41 is questionable because it's specifically like "hey let's make scum harder to catch so the game's more fun". Absent anything else to go on, I'll be lynching based on this.

#51 is interesting. On the one hand Stanari has a point, on the other this IS attacking your own attacker. Inclined to watch interactions between these two for a possible anti-alignment and move on.

#54 is probably Stanari/Fable not both scum but might still be staged at this point.

#59 better not be font throwing shade disguised as RVS >_>

#67 is weird because Quiddity's only vote to date was a blatant RVS vote.

#69 is making Stanari/Fable more of A Thing. I'm going to stop commenting on this now because it keeps happening and is either genuine or very staged and I can't tell which at this point

#75 and #76 both make me feel weird. Quiddity looks like he's trying to fob stuff off as "whatever". Do not like.

#85/#89 - Interested to see where this goes.

#97 - Oh, I LIKE Regfan. Mainly because this is an attempt to break RVS without causing a stupid vote pile-up AND a criticism of someone trying to break RVS by doing the former thing. Instant town bucket from me.

#98 - aaaactually kind of inclined to agree with this. Cobalt gets a minor townread.

#100 - ew

#102 - ewwww this might actually make Jarizok my preferred lynch

A few posts in this area are weird coming from Cobalt, but in a way that comes off as town interacting abrasively with town!Acio. I have seen this effect before.

#118 cobalt join my town party (serious mode: this is a townie exhibiting exactly the right amount of frivolousness for this stage in the game)

Vaimes/Acio feels like only one is scum and IF one is scum it's Vaimes and actually remembering that WH on Fantasy Strike where I faked priest and got scum to shoot me (I forget the number) Vaimes is probably scum

#128 aaand Cobalt immediately mirrors my thinking.

#132 - I'll deal with this in the non-skipping section. Although it does ding my Cobalt read slightly.

#135 - Good work, Jan!

#140 vaimes stahp

#142 okay I still kinda think Vaimes is scum but less so now. At the very least not a D1 lynch.

#148 still liking Cobalt

#152 this is the point Jan officially gets a townread

#153 I think scum!Vaimes implies scum!Font based on this, but town!Vaimes doesn't necessarily imply town!Font (this means lynch font before Vaimes, although I'm not inclined to do either quite yet because I don't want to let Quiddity/Jarizok slip by by going quiet)

#160 okay cobalt is literally pre-emptively reading my mind at this point

#165 this would be horribly ew except it's wagon balancing which I usually consider protown. Unless it turns out later that it was bumping up a town wagon against scum in which case >_>. This is particularly interesting given the Vaimes/font interaction I mentioned above, and makes me think that town!Vaimes, pocketing!scum!font world has town!Stanari

#166 lines up with my opinions at this point, more townpower for Acio

#168 oh alright I'll pull out my thoughts on this thus far in an out-of-skippable

#174 I disagree with half these reads and don't like font's low engagement so far

#175 comes off as vague shade throwing on someone I happen to think is town. This has earned you a place in the illustrious "eyes emoji" group

#176 yes this is good

#184 no this is bad. It's an attack on two townreads I have for reasons I agree with but which I think are overriden by context. This means to me it looks like ignoring these people's positive behaviour and finding an excuse to attack them. pienyan graduates to scumread!

#185 hi quiddity shitpost more you're still scum

#191 okay pienyan can go back to the eyes emoji group, but I'm still pretty suspicious here.

#192 holy shit quiddity die in a fire

#198 - nope quiddity still needs to die, even if this is mostly stuff I agree with. Also is this LegendaryQ?

#204 - this feels weird and I can't articulate why. Maybe because font is acting like she doesn't know Acio very well.

#215 will you PLEASE stop with the sarcastic scum routine? It's coming off as you're actually scum and nervous.

#217 light town for Fable.

#232 this is baaaad consensus is drawing heat on purpose isn't protown isn't it but at the same time I used to do it so ugh

#233 --- Good opening post.

#242/#244 I still think Vaimes needs some very heavy scrutiny.

#252 uhh...Zenzao...I haven't posted yet and that readwall puts me at third from the top. This seems weird.

#259 ewww

#262 oh okay town was at the bottom. That makes more sense. No more eyes emoji for you!

#281 aaand eyes emoji for Adult

#292 yes this is how I feel about Vaimes as well.

#293 ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww kill it

Okay, at this point my eyes have glazed over and I'm hyperskimming. If I missed anything important after #300, lemme know.

OKAY SO TL;DR

No it's not. Scum (ESPECIALLY me) doing this sort of thing avoid being needlessly antagonistic, which that response was.

From in the spoiler block:
    Specific to Vaimes/Cobalt, that's actually the only maybe good part of Vaimes's play so far. It reads like egging on low effort/recalcitrant town to try and contribute, which is good play in my opinion. Everything else is a dumpster fire, but knowing Vaimes I'd like to leave him for D2 to see how things develop. (DISCLAIMER: This is specifically as of post #168)
    Townreads: Acio, Cobalt, Regfan, Jan
    Light town: Fable, The Waco Kid, Zenzao
    eyes emoji: Stanari, blab, fontisian, pienyan, plotless, (Adult/Miner)
    Active scumreads: Vaimes
    Absent scumreads: Quiddity, Jarizok

Lynch: Quiddity is where I'm at after all that. Others have done bad things, but Quiddity needs to be pressured into talking because to me it looks like they wriggled out of being scumread by hushing up. (They DID speak up later, but I still don't like the big silent period after being scrutinized)

12. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Once again Reg has helped to cover this. Since most people I have ever met in these games format their wall from the top-down, who is going to suspect bottom-up other than people who know to expect that? Who might TMI-slip to the new player and thus cause an unintended response on their part?

Then why haven't you retracted your vote if its just a joke vote? Oh yes, because Fonti is the leading wagon and every vote that puts her closer to elimination is good for you.

I've been waiting to give Cobalt a chance to do something, Jarizok is starting to do something, and you have been steadily climbing my wall since shortly after I posted it.

Lynch Vote Fable.

This is a riot. dC has done nothing up until a couple of hours ago, while every other player has contributed in one way or the other. Those minor fluctuations are why they are where they are in my wall.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote

I'll move it later.

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Still reading your post dC but to be clear the pencil jokes are from a previous game me and stanari were in together.

15. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Regfan dichotomousCreator either of you have like, general direction feels on zenzao? Cause' like, I don't hate him but nothing of his responses to me have actually felt anything more than strongly neutral and there's been a lot of focus on a gambit that seems NAI.

And wrt my Jarizok 250 question that's the post that's given me the strongest townvibe from him this game; the fable part specifically feels like the sort of relaxed/absent thought you get from town players, opinion on that?

And I don't think vaimes is scum (and haven't for a little while) I've just been stuck on where to go next, but quiddity works for that.

Vote: Quiddity

Also DC where's the waco read coming from?

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Consider yourself pocketed.

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That seems incredibly unlikely but sure.

Okay now wtf is this? First of all I'd be a little worried if you're taking that fonti wagon seriously that's a little worrying and this straight up feels like you pushing and agenda out of fucking nothing. Like do you seriously fucking think I'm not gonna move my vote by EoD? Really? That's a thing you think? Also lol waiting on cobalt to do something when he's fucking temp banned, this feels really disingenuous.

18. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    So basically the interactions are based on previous stuff? Alright, noted. Still probably anti-align or staged though given if you were both scum you likely wouldn't draw attention to each other like that.
    Acionyx - Waco read is mostly I liked #233. It read as a good early thoughts post, good enough for an initial positive impression anyway. Is there relevant stuff after post #300 that I blipped?

As for Zenzao, behaviour pattern is like the whole "puppetmaster" thing except with his read gambit instead of pulling aggro on purpose to get reactions. I'm inclined to think he's too caught up in this to play the game in a more sensible fashion, which is...ech. I'm not sure. Could be overenthusiastic town, could be scum finding a vein of activity they can easily maintain. Leaning slightly towards the former.

As for Vaimes, I'm just getting alarm bells from Cathunt and that WH I mentioned where he acted a lot like this. I think I've only played with town!Vaimes like once in a normal game though and you've played with him a lot more, and I was gonna leave him for D2 minimum anyway.

19. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 1.6.

Fontisian [4]: Fable, Cobalt, Stanari, Blab.
    Vaimes [2]: Waco, Jari.
    Cobalt [2]: Pienyan, Kai.
    Stanari [2]: Font, Adult.
    Plotless [2]: Reg, Quiddity.
    Quiddity [2]: dichotomousCreator, Acio.
    Fable [1]: Zenzao.

Not Voting [3]: Jan, Plotless, Vaimes.

With 18 votes alive, it will be 10 votes to soft lynch and 14 votes to hard lynch.

20. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Yee.

For context: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/5566-The-Deep-Smelly-Dungeon-Part-III

---------- Post automerged at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

lol just realized linking a whole game when the context is literally just two posts probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. :p