1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Woow, you didn't understand my post at all, or you're pretending not to. I didn't confuse Vaimes and Reg, I picked up some scumminess from Vaimes and shade defense from Reg then contributed to that Vaimes read. Looking back, I'm left thinking the Reg posts are worse than anything Vaimes actually posted.

Anyway, I don't have access to a proper pc/laptop at all atm but will start my epix wall.

2. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    That seems like a massive flip though out of nowhere. Especially considering the timing of saying that when the other people that do suspect him are saying leave him until at least tomorrow. Like do you not believe your wall post on vaimes anymore? Because a decent amount of that stuff was independent of anything that had to do with Reg.

3. Jarizok

I said I would reset on Vaimes, and I'm really trying to. Sticking to my guns or 180ing are both just responses to my earlier tunnel, and I'm not going to do either just so people will townread me.

4. blab

blab Second Year

I have a monster headache and am inclined to just sheep Regfan here?

I mean, I don't agree 100% with everything but it's good enough.

---------- Post automerged at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

On Cobalt:
    Cobalt's reads are a bit too surface level, but that's forgivable in a catchup.
    I'm going to pretend that Vaimes meant something like that when he called me a LHF, at least.
    Also, the emotivesness is a bit much, as in:
    lmao fite me lmao bitch please lmao git gud lmao shh babby lmao
    I mean maybe my dislike of it is coloring my perception of the towniness of it a bit but I wish he would stop.
    Otherwise I don't feel that bad about Cobalt to fight about it.

Have you read a Cobalt scum!game, Regfan

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Lol, poor DC.

Make sure you're spelling out dichotomousCreator in your mentions folks.

6. Jarizok

Ugh, if you'd posted this a bit earlier I could have given you a stronger townlean for noticing that. Consider yourself up from what I'll be posting in a bit, cos I'm not going back to edit that. Walls are hard work as is.

---------- Post automerged at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

FTR, I'm on Pienyan, going alphabetically.

---------- Post automerged at 17:31 ---------- Previous post was at 17:31 ----------

Get hyped.

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 1.9.

Jari [4]: Jan, Cobalt, DC, Fable.
    Stanari [3]: Font, Adult, Plotless.
    Quiddity [3]: Acio, Blab, Vaimes.
    Fable [2]: Zenzao, Quiddity.
    Plotless [2]: Stanari, Reg.
    Pienyan [1]: Waco.
    Cobalt [1]: Kai.
    Vaimes [1]: Jari.
    Waco [1]: Pienyan.

With 18 votes alive, it will be 10 votes to soft lynch and 14 votes to hard lynch.

8. Jarizok

Adult (Miner)
    Miner is fluffy early, but it feels forced with his name change, RVS and semi helpful call out of Zen mixing games up. His, "when better to tunnel?" is true, but never tunneling is best, and scum would want the focus to be as narrow as possible early. He then throws shade at everyone voting Font but never follows up on it. He says he wanted me to tunnel because he wants to read me, not because he believes the case has merit.

I'll repeat, I might as well not bother to case Vaimes, because Miner already knows Vaimes' alignment, he just wants me to do something so he can decide if he should townread me or not.

The hipfire reads are hedgy af. Zenzao is shady, everyone on the Font wagon is shady, acio is towny "but I've only played one game with him and don't know his meta". Pien is the only one he's townreading -but only slightly, even though he "definitely" doesn't see scum making that entrance. His next hipfire-reads post doesn't actually state a single read:

The rest of his posts are just shading Fable and giving Fonti a pass. There's been some consensus itt about Miner being town, and I'd really like to know where that came from. It's about brazen tone / careless attitude right? Because that's very much fakeable.

Acionyx
    Now here's attempts at solving. Good interactions all-round, all coming from a clear mindset of wanting to figure people out. The who-to-give-a-gun-to thing is a good example of trying to engage people and get stances from them.

blab
    Feels good. A bit less obviously solvy than Acionix maybe, but the intent is still clear.

These reads are a bit all over the place though, and assigning townreads because "don't want to solve D1" is a cop out (like me with Vaimes! At least I have an excuse). Obviously his followup #479 on Miner is way off base as well, and I kind of don't believe Blab actually thinks it, but then there's a bunch of people townreading Miner so maybe, /shrug/.

Cobalt
    Cobalt tries really hard to not hold back that first night. Too hard methinks. Saying Vaimes is "always nai the first 3 pages of D1" is bullshit. He's been almost consensus townlocked by the end of page 2 before.

This post is obviously disgusting if you scumread Regfan, and I can see scum!Cobalt go for it 8 times out of 10.

Cobalt continues hard-townreading Reg, which is just unnatural this early. He's also still hung up on me being "weird" early. It's an overreaction and I'm getting discredited, which is part of what made me want to tunnel. I know I said Cobalt was towniest of the 3 earlier, but actually rereading has shown me the error of my ways.

dichotomousCreator
    Town for being in the wrong thread. It'd be a disservice to not read their posts anymore, so I obviously have, but that's the core of my read.

Fable
    His early fluff reads the kind of carefree I want to townread someone for and his solving's alright, but I'm not there yet. Slightest of townreads I guess
    fontisian

Jan
    Rereading him has not changed my mind, still pretty solid town.

KaiDASH
    He feels off from WH in a way I can't quite define.

Plotless
    Nothing AI there just yet. If anything, how unsettled he still feels could be townie because with scum!chat he'd have people to bounce stuff off of, letting him find his feet a bit, but I can't in good conscience townlean someone for that.

pienyan
    I really like this post. Made me think maybe Cobalt took my post more seriously because he knows there's something to it? I'm obviously biased here, but it's a towny way of thinking regardless, and it shines through in the rest of her posts as well.

Quiddity
    Q is fun this game, but I'm also getting a hint of Rubicon from him in that he feels slightly disconnected. The narrating of what scum!Q is/would be doing is just... dunno. His liking Cobalt's catch up counts against him, but I can't really quantify that as long as Cobalt hasn't flipped scum yet.

Regfan
    So, I've gone into his unnaturally strong defense of Vaimes. Initially this was w/w to me, but Vaimes really doesn't have to be scum for Reg to be. Reg could have just gone for the early townread for a lil bit of towncred because he knew town!Vaimes would be read that way down the line, but forgot his own reticence in giving this read last game.

Moving on from this, Reg gets his buddying on with Jan (#147, #238, correctly townreading him later on and just being generally agreeable whenever he interacts with Jan).

The following post is just not town!Reg. Ever. Points for whoever can tell me why. pienyan Have a go at it?

Stanari
    The Waco Kid
    Zenzao

Posting this now because dinner. I'll do the last 3 in a bit.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Let CatHunt go, dC. font did literally all of the work.

10. Plotless

Plotless High Inquisitor

Back, haven't checked the thread in the last 18ish hours so give me a second to get my bearings - I'll answer my @s when I'm up to speed.

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    This might be a good time to ask, where do I check my mentions?

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Fable - top right, your notifications

13. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    They don't show up for me.

14. Jarizok

Get rid of quotes first. Quotes > Notifications > PMs

15. blab

blab Second Year

dichotomousCreator
    Uh, the Fable vote didn't really make an impression on me.
    It's maybe slightly bad because it came at a time when I started feeling better about Fable and scum is more likely to vote for scummy persons but in a way that the timing does not make sense.

I voted Quiddity because his "hur dur, I'm scum" shtick is a) annoying and b) forced and c) doesn't come from town?
    I mean, generally it does come from town, but town does wear it out like that and continues with it for ~many posts especially if nobody in the thread indicates that it is funny in any way.
    So it's basically trolling and my top 2 thories are:
    1) Quiddity is town and eventually wants to win a scum!game while "Harhar, I'm scum"ing all over the thread.
    1) Quiddity is scum and wants to win while "Harhar, I'm scum"ing all over the thread.

---------- Post automerged at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 PM ----------
    Fable
    alternatively, click on your name, go to your profile, see the middle line with the options, mentions should be on the right.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Unvote
    Vote Plotless

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm still thinking about this.

Some of her early posting was halfheartedly pinging me and the part where she's lowkey coaching me is weird (not specifically scummy, just really weird). It's not really a solid read but it is also not good feels.

I read over the walls but I am not really in the right mood for this game right now so I don't know how much of the last 2-3 pages stuck. Effort Laterâ„¢

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Thanks for the help.

Found them.

19. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Fooooooont

This wrt blab and gun question.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Acio, are you refering to his confusion about it or his actual answer?