1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Team wait and see reporting for duty.

2. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 2.1.

Jari [2]: DC, DC.
    Reg [1]: Kai.
    Cobalt [1]: Vaimes.

Not Voting [13]: Acio, Blab, Cobalt, Fable, Font, Jari, Miner, Pienyan, Quiddity, Reg, Stanari, Waco, Zenzao.

With 16 votes alive, it will be 9 votes to soft lynch and 13 votes to hard lynch.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

things one hopes to get out of asking Kai questions:

---------- Post automerged at 23:03 ---------- Previous post was at 23:02 ----------
    Vira

Is dC a double voter?

4. KaiDASH

Also, if Jan did use his power last night the people chosen should definitely tell us right now.

I have reasons too, but better said after this happens (or if there's big disagreement, I guess)

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It's not like it really matters. They're basically just Neighbors.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    They were also targeted by a known town Scientist, so knowing who they are and guessing why Jan targeted them might yield some insight into their alignments.

That said, I think them claiming makes them targets which is a larger downside than the upside of knowing who Jan checked.

Also, I do not have an inherent doublevoting power and have not been notified of anything interesting in my QT.

---------- Post automerged at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

EBWOP: Okay never mind I'm blind there is a notification in my QT. One sec.

---------- Post automerged at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:09 PM ----------

DOUBLE EBWOP: Yeah, someone made me a doublevoter. Won't say more than that.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What the fuck.

---------- Post automerged at 23:13 ---------- Previous post was at 23:11 ----------

Welp, that's three known town PRs then. Plus the Neighbors, who are likely-ish town since they were chosen by Jan.

---------- Post automerged at 23:16 ---------- Previous post was at 23:13 ----------

Newcomb: let's make PRs that can make other PRs

8. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Oh, looks like we have a new member! Welcome! Comfy chairs and observation apparatus are in the back.

---------- Post automerged at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Oh, additionally, the message I received explaining my doublevote has an identifying property that allows whoever gave me the doublevote to verify their identity in a way that I can confirm. The upshot of this is that we can townfirm them as long as I remain alive.

I will leave it up to whoever it was to decide whether they want this to happen or not, although my personal opinion is that it's worth doing if they're not already basically locktown (and even then, think about it)

9. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Here's a question, would fonti go as hard as she did on the plotless lynch as a wolf? Because reading back wow did she hammer that lynch in even after it was pretty much a sure thing. Like I certainly don't think it was out of character for her to be that way but would she be a little more tactful about it if she was doing that as a wolf?

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Ew, that's a really dirty night kill.

I don't think there's a huge gain from the neighbours claiming or not claiming; Jan could have used his power to attempt to confirm two town reads but he could also have used it on a strong town read and a player he's unsure of to get a pretty much cop check. I don't think them claiming "makes them targets for the night kill" think it's pretty much meaningless overall?

Kai attempting to match what he did exactly last game with the vote & the "wait and see" doesn't feel genuine? Partiuclarly given one of his last posts yesterday where he stated he's not sure if he believes his scum read on me.

We should be having Vaimes using his shot pretty early in the day phase (First 24-36 hours) so we have time to assess that flip and let it impact our lynch, information wise Jarizok is a pretty solid shot since it tells us exactly what we should be reading into how D1 played out. I want to do a huge reread of the thread first though.

Oh and I'll say I kind of want to retract my town read on Pie entirely...

---------- Post automerged at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Actually Vaimes (Or Acio) does using the shot increase the day phase via 24 hours if used in the last 24 hours of the day? If so then maybe there's an argument that can be made that using it then would be equally as good.

---------- Post automerged at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

Going to assume the doublevoter is probably town given the usage of it's power and how it's a pretty ugly role for scum to have, would have to come with stipulations re; 'no longer usable' in lylo type cases to be mafia.

Pretty certain that Acio's confirmation that he hands out a gun makes him conftown.

---------- Post automerged at 10:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------
    Fable - I don't really know what to make of Fontisians push on Plotless other than I liked that it seemed like she was seeing what I was. That said her last wall inside the game where she read through the thread and put forward reasons that Jarizok/Pie were not W/W when Jarizok was the counterwagon to Plotless does not look good with that flip at all.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

An extension is possible, but not guaranteed.

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Probably best to use it in ~24 hours then.

Want to bounce any reads/thoughts with me while I'm reading back?

13. KaiDASH

I don't recall saying it like that yesterday.

It could have been only usable on n1, which makes it less totally gross for scum.

---------- Post automerged at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Also the thing that I thought about Jan's picks is actually irrelevant due to the timing.

My initial thought was that if Jan had picked any scum, they wouldn't have shot him n1 but actually they wouldn't have found out until day start anyway so it's a nothing.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The "only usage N1" thing is a fair point but even that's a weird role to have as scum?

And um, explain to me why mafia that know there's going to be a semi-cop-check on them wouldn't shoot Jan, I know that the line of logic is wrong re; timing anyway but you'll need to explain to me how you got to that thought in the first place to begin with. Mafia that are neighbourized know they're either going to be different checked with a townie or same checked with a partner, neither is great.

15. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    I was gonna ask if you had free hour or two to do this tomorrow but I'm sort of up for this

I've got like, nothing right now though besides my doubts about vaimes being gone. Hardening up a read on waco'd be nice though like, I /felt/ good on him but we also had some very different views.

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Won't have time tomorrow but I've got 1-2 hours now.

Talk to me about your doubts on Vaimes being gone since I'd love to move him into my "Don't need to worry about him at all while rereading" group which at the moment just consists of DC and yourself; Jan dying there when he was talking about there being scum in the town reads makes me worry I've got quite a bit wrong.

I don't have a whole lot to help you with Waco at the moment, one of the nullest reads I have and can only really describe his play so far as 'underwhelming'.

17. KaiDASH

I wouldn't expect that a neighbourizer would also do a check with them, since usually it's just 'throw some people into a chat'.

Vaimes also seemed surprised that Jan did a check on them.

18. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Mainly it's his reaction to getting a gun and the evidence of various PRs feels like town bouncy/interested. There's excitement there and I think scum vaimes would be much more nervous.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Kai - Makes sense.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. I've gone over the early interaction again and I'm willing to make the call there's maximum 1 scum inside Vaimes/Cobalt/Jarizok here, don't see any of them being aligned at all; thoughts on that?

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You never did answer my question about Cobalt.