1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. blab

blab Second Year

fontisian: What do you you think of Quiddity and Stanari? Do you think Quiddity and Stanari can be scum together? Stanari: What do you you think of Quiddity and fontisian? Do you think Quiddity and fontisian can be scum together? Quiddity: What do you you think of fontisian and Stanari? Do you think fontisian and Stanari can be scum together?

2. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

dichotomousCreator Why do you think you received double voting power? Who would have reason to pick yoi?

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You're going to need to rephrase this, this has nothing to do with Miner?

I want Fontisian to walk me through her Vaime's read progression this game with reasoning attached to it, I'm not really just looking for her overall/current read here.

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 AM ----------

I've got a question for you in Post #1046 when you get to it.

4. Jarizok

Pfffft. Taking Jan DC & Acio out of my team reads is bleh.

Finding townies is the opposite of tunneling, so I thought it rather a good idea. I got a tiny bit of pressure though, which made me look for scum again.

I'd pick option B, cos B stands for Best.

Miner, Regfan, Cobalt, Fonti?/Kai?

There's a Miner/Fonti interaction lagune in my memories of D1. Compare to hyperfocus on Miner ftom Fonti last game. I need to reread to doublecheck this, but really, the fact that Fonti's townreading Miner at all when he's scum is suspicious. Kai is my back up scumread. Short a scummember? Slot in Kai. Works everytime.

5. Acionyx

Acionyx Muggle

High Score:
    Like, maybe? Initial feel is no but idk I need to iso pienyan and that's enough words to wait until tomorrow.

From the waco perspective it's not something I'd strictly rule out but it feels, like, wasteful. The only scum scenario I could compare it to is a game I had with a team that all hated scum as much as I did and were basically paralyzed bussing each other expecting to die.

6. Jarizok

I know it wasn't about Miner, but I could totally steal your argument, rip it out of context and apply it to Miner, who did go "quote" < this is why Vaimes is town.

7. blab

blab Second Year

Do you think Kai-Cobalt is possible?

8. Jarizok

Team=town

Town is also my team though, so lt's say Freudian slip.

---------- Post automerged at 09:20 ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 ----------

A study would have to be done into this possibility. Probably into Kai-Reg as well since that's where Kai's voting right now, even if it's wait and see.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Taking out Jan/Acio/DC are necessary, otherwise it's a stupidly easy choice and would tell me very little about your alignment. If I amended it to state "List 5 townies and if 4 are correct you win" would you change your option to go to a) or would you stick with your b) guess? Try and enlighten me to how "got pressured so looked for scum reads over town reads" works please. Also do you really think Cobalt-Kai are partners? Got them pretty hard unaligned, same goes for Cobalt-Miner given that Cobalt didn't know Adult was Miner until 1/2 way through D1.

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 AM ----------

@Acio - Let me know what you think when you reread Pie tomorrow, about the two of them I've got a bunch of thoughts and none of them are really solidified but I'd rather you answer without being biased by mine so we can converse afterwards.

10. Jarizok

Oh pulleease. That Miner/Adult-Cobalt was a faked dumbtell.

Finding townies is laid back work. Having cases on scumreads is more important upon my flip, that's what people look at. Although I say this now, I haven't actually looked back at Jan's D1 at all. RIP Jan.

11. blab

blab Second Year

Regfan: Can you talk to me about this?
    I have it the other way around, if Jarizok is town, then pieguyn is more unlikely to be scum, because I don't think pieguyn makes a "don't stray from plotless" post if it's town/town yesterDay.

12. Jarizok

When did we change pienyan to pieguyn?

---------- Post automerged at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 ----------

I mean, it's pretty obvious.

---------- Post automerged at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 ----------

Also, his sig and avatar.

---------- Post automerged at 09:37 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

How drunk are we saying Cobalt was?

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Jari - There's another question inside that post that you didn't answer, would appreciate you getting to that. Pieguyn is her Mafiascum username. Your point re; "Cobalt was dumbtelling" is meh, I have sigs turned off and imagine most other people do too and I don't read Cobalt as the type of player that remembers ever post (ie. Adult claiming to be Miner). I'll at least agree that it's less that points against them being unaligned though.

Sure, I enter the thread in Post #97 with a town read on Cobalt and a scum read on Jarizok making my reasoning pretty clear, Pies initial reads inside Post #184 has her voting and attacking Cobalt there and chainsaw-defending Jarizok during the process. I get into a discussion with her about it and she posts in Post #197 that she didn't think Jarizoks posts were serious and continues to defend him inside Post #200. I don't think she'd be brazen enough to attack one of my town reads like that while defending a partner in that fashion at all; she's well aware how they'd look on her if he got lynched and it's not the type of the thing she does as scum. As for her "Don't stray from Plotless" comment, multiple people had already stated such, I've got a few issues with that post from her for other reasons but I'll go into that later.

14. Jarizok

Would I go for the other option? No.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    You're going to need to give me a little more than that; do you have any town reads you're fairly confident on at the moment outside of Acio/DC, if so which/why? If you're town here it's pretty important for you to put into the game heavily at the moment. One of the largest problems I'm having is that all your reads seem centered around your reads, the circular reasoning like that is a) A pretty bad way to play and b) Pretty hard to tell if it's just due to you genuinely being tunneled in incorrectly or as mafia giving yourself an easy out/explanation.

16. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Out of Vaimes/Cobalt/Regfan/Jari?

I think there's a decent chance it's one (and ONLY one) of Jari or you. Lower odds for Cobalt, even lower odds for Vaimes.

I don't have a specific reason to believe it or a specific reason to scumread pie. In fact, I'm not entirely clear on where the pienyan hostility is even coming from...

Regardless, I don't think they really have any mutual alignment tells or interactions. I guess that makes W/W slightly more likely on the odds?

I think it was because I'm a high townread for a number of people. I'm not going to speculate on who picked me, since as I said earlier I'm leaving it up to them to reveal themselves if they want to (and if they DON'T, then I don't see any reason to try and dig it up)

Tone today has felt very town cooperative so far. I'll be back once I reread the thread in light of Plotless's flip, which may take a while as I have other stuff going on as well.

17. Jarizok

Zenzao is town. His wallposts spoke to me.

Waco/Pie/Blab all /feel/ town, but I'm not ready to bet on it yet. Fable and Q are also both townish, but my reads of them have yet to be right.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    The question was more "in general", who do you think is scum right now?

Huh, are we reading a different game re; the bolded? The person that Pies spoken the most about this game other than yourself is Waco, the person that Wacos spoken the most about is Pie. As for where the pieguyn 'hostility' comes from, I"ll go into that if I still believe it shortly, kind of hoping if I'm wrong her entrance into today will let me know.

Run me through what you mean re; the "Zenzao's wallposts spoke to me" because his two biggest walls are about Fable being mafia and you being mafia, neither of which would 'speak' to you? I'll also take some more on your Pie & Waco town reads even if you're not 'bet the game on it' level of confidence yet.

---------- Post automerged at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:38 AM ----------

Also your read on Fable has yet to be 'wrong', like you've not played with him outside of WH8, no? Same goes with Blab? So why the difference with how you're treating them in that post.

19. Jarizok

Just because I don't come to the same conclusions as Zen did, doesn't mean I didn't get to see into his headspace and judge it towny.

I argued Mafia!Fable in G6, which was decidedly wrong. I didn't play in that game, but I did try to read him.

Everyone seems to be wanting Waco things, but my read is mostly that he's exactly the same as last game.

Pie is doing townie things. The absence of scumvibes anywhere means she's prolly my 2nd highest of the 4.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ^This was your reaction towards Zenzao's wall on Fable though, how he's gone from lightgreen to leapfrog a bunch of players you had higher than him beforehand is what I want explained, similarly you had Fonisian as one of your strongest town reads earlier, that changing to one of your guesses for scum purely because she town reads Miner is something I need you to elaborate more on. Fair, remember you did have Fable wrong in G6 and cool, I'm fine with you leaving the Waco explanation as that but I need more on the Pie one. what "townie things" do you think she's done, specifics please (and not just linking to a post).

---------- Post automerged at 03:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 AM ----------

Like if I'm looking at your progression behind the Fonti placement in Post #706 to now I'm mostly left going ???