1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Lol.

My strongest scumread right now is fonti, because the way she acted towards me was strange and dare I say unnatural (I don't, because that's hard to define for someone you don't know). I am not pursuing it because, well, it's a scumread for acting weird and I'm self-aware enough to know that that's a really bad read.

You can have a townread though!

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

So what's a scumread that you want to pursue?

---------- Post automerged at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 21:10 ----------

idk why Waco has to be perpetually scummy in nearly all of his games.

3. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I'm always serious, reg.

At work right now, will be home in an hour.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I'm kind of interested in this blossoming blab scumread, actually.

...I should probably go iso them.

5. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    I'm about 102% sure the only reason I was able to get any reads D1 at all in that game is cuz I knew everyone else in the game. If you look at what my reads actually were that game D1 practically all of them were just me flying by the seat of my pants and armchair meta-ing everyone (and even with knowing everyone in the game, I still ended up freezing D2 until I was ran up and forced myself to make real reads and then froze again).

That isn't plausible, lol. If I'm scum here then rest assured that I argued for a kill on you, but didn't get it.

It is disconnected. I've seen a lot of stuff about him going in both directions, so if you want to help me sort through it the best thing you could do is point out what parts you agree/disagree with and we'll see what's left at the end. Also it isn't so much that I'm town reading him just because of against-the-grain stances, it's that the ones he's giving I can actually look at and think "this thought process is genuine and makes sense to me, even though I don't agree I can see why he wants to fight it" - largely with you and some of his Miner read, not as much the Cobalt read.

I'll get to explaining the reads you want in a bit, I need to go eat.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Aight.

Jan
    Plotless
    Miner[/COLOR

Acionyx
    dC
    Vaimes

Cobalt
    Regfan
    blab
    pienyan
    Fable

Zenzao
    Waco
    fontisian
    Quiddity

Kai
    Stanari

Jarizok

Acio- Really liked his d1. The fact that in his wallpost he owns up to the fact that his Cobalt read isn't one that he can judge objectively without bias is p town too. His d2 has thus far been unspectacular, which is why he's kind of dropped from top town position based purely on reads alone (meaning without mechanics like roles and stuff). Fortunately, he has a role too, so yeah... pretty much locktown at this point.

dC- Entrance was town, blah blah we all talked about that already. Nothing new there. Also, I know that someone pointed out that dC's meta is that he posts a lot no matter what alignment he is, but I've liked his activity and what he's said. For example:

Vaimes- According to Jari, singular posts by Vaimes do not indicate his alignment, but TBH, I think it does. There's a pretty noticeable difference in Vaimes's town and scumplay that I think really bleeds through in his posts. I've already talked about the town!Vaimes swagger. There's also the fact that anyone trying to shove a mislynch his way is inevitably going to lose that duel (see Vira from last game), and honestly this is a major reason why I think Jari's scum (more on that later).

Like, for those of you that have played with Vaimes before, do you honestly think scum!Vaimes can post stuff like 311?

Cobalt- I'm gonna cash in my cred from sort of correctly finding scum!Cobalt from the last time he was scum (AYAW) and say that this doesn't feel like his scumgame. His 908 especially makes me feel this way; I don't recall scum!Cobalt ever being like "This is what we're doing, because I know I'm right" type of deal. And I'm pretty sure fonti said at some point in one of the previous games that Cobalt has excellent reads on people he knows well and has this abrasive tunneling style as town on his homesite. This is what I'm feeling here. fontisian feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Reg- He had like... 3-4 posts where he explained his townreads and I was very much in agreement with what he'd said. Particularly re: Vaimes and Acio. Basically, he gave me confidence in my Vaimes read and furthered my own argument about Acio's lines of questioning and how it kind of goes to show his effort at solving the game. I'm not totally okay with the way he's been responding to pressure, though, so not as strong of a townread as those above.

blab- I don't really remember much of blab, just kinda remember liking his reads at some point because he townread me for correct reasons. Biased read, will revisit if push comes to shove.

pienyan- Already talked about why I townleaned her early on. Actually getting better and better as game goes along. The evolution of her reads more or less make sense, and she could climb up further if she follows through with the whole "yeah now I have a grasp on the game" and turns them into reads. Still townlean for now, but trending upwards.

Fable- Fable is here because other people know Fable better and think he's town, and also because if one game can be enough to base any meta knowledge off of then I think there are some similarities between this game and WH8. Sheep read.

Zenzao- I'm sorry, but I'm still pretty hung up on the way that Zen got annoyed at Reg's leak of his gambit. This is tempered by the fact that other than that he's played exactly how I've seen town!Zenzao play in every other game that I've played with him. There's the same long readslists, and the same iso posts where he iso's one person and goes through every post and comes to a conclusion. Even though I can't really stomach reading through the entirety of those posts, just from a quick scan I can get the sense that he's put in a ton of thought into solving the game that I think is extremely difficult to pull off as scum. On the other hand, I've never seen scum!Zenzao, so if anyone has experience with scum!Zenzao doing the same thing then I'll happily recant.

Waco- As far as I'm concerned, I have zero opinion of Waco because I've literally had no impression of him throughout his posts. Granted I haven't been paying special attention to his posts or anything but I just... don't have any impressions of him at all. Will reread.

fontisian- Self-resolving. Don't really care what her alignment is RN.

Quiddity- Uh. Someone else take this one please. Quiddity is like tom lite. As in, I've never been able to correctly read him either (I wanted to wagon him when he was town PR in AYAW, and then I kinda townread him in SVM until the very last day when he did something I thought was pretty scummy but at that point the game was RIP because I hate fluffi.), although it's been a little less disastrous and emotionally challenging than reading tom <_<

Kai- This Kai has put in a pretty large amount of effort for Kai d1, which is suspicious in and of itself, and then he goes and does stuff like this:
    Also, the lack of lock (person's name) up memes is tilting.

Stanari- Already discussed, but I will say that it's weird how she's literally avoided interacting with me.

Jari- Is trying way too hard to shove this mislynch down my throat. Like, yes I'm a little busy (just had graduation yesterday), but like bro you gotta elevate your scumplay if this is how you're going to push me.

dichotomousCreator

Lynch: Jarizok

---------- Post automerged at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Erm, top three are Cyan, and are top townreads.

---------- Post automerged at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

EBWOP: townfirms**

7. Vira

Vira Third Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    RWBY Mafia Votal 2.3.

Waco [3]: DC, DC, Pienyan.
    Jari [2]: Cobalt, Miner.
    Reg [1]: Kai.
    Cobalt [1]: Vaimes.
    Pienyan [1]: Reg.

Not Voting [9]: Acio, Blab, Fable, Font, Jari, Quiddity, Stanari, Waco, Zenzao.

With 17 votes alive, it will be 9 votes to soft lynch and 13 votes to hard lynch.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Also, wtf where's my dC quote.

Trying again:
    It was essentially his case on Jari.

9. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

I could post nothing but quotes and pictures of your glorious president, if that's what you'd prefer.

You'd probably say something like 'this kai has done nothing but post low quality shit all game, which is suspicious' so there's really no winning.

10. Miner

Miner Order Member

I actually would be less suspicious because I know you/

11. KaiDASH

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Huh.

Jarizok
    KaiDASH
    Quiddity
    Stanari
    The Waco Kid
    Cobalt

Taking Miner out of the scum list.

---------- Post automerged at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 22:13 ----------

I think Stanari's blab ISO is going to be the deciding factor into whether or not I decide to shoot her.

13. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    GG Jan and plotless.

Dislike fonti campaigning for the lynch, which agreshe was lobasically the only one to do so. Think that came at a bad time, but her behavior around it was not the one I was concerned about, so idk if scummy. Generally want to see her pick up her game.

Stanari is awkward, bad read on Plotless, etc. However I don't think the way Plotless' lunch proceeded fits well with him being scum, fits better with scum drowning our conversation. So generally not extended by the lynch.

I think the interactive read is lt just a combination of the two, as that's how they each interact. To whit, fonti being scum probably makes Stan less likely, but not the reverse

---------- Post automerged at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 PM ----------

Heavily behind, phone dying.

14. KaiDASH

If you shoot someone that isn't jarizok, it's pretty likely we're going to end up lynching him anyway, so my recommendation would be to shoot him and then we play on from there.

15. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'll refer you back to my 1123. It's not that I don't want to lynch him per se just think others are worse at this point.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

How would you play on from there, depending on his flip?

17. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    pienyan - Fair, the "Was reliant on meta" there is somewhat understandable. I'd agree that there's things from Jarizok that make me lean both ways too but the things inside his ISO that make me think he might be town are very different to yours? I don't find his Miner read or his read on myself particularly genuine, I think the way the Miner read connects to his Fontisian read is problematic. Really the main things that I think lead towards him potentially being town here are that I think he way yesterday played out makes more sense if it was V/V wagons and find the effort and overall body of work in this game to far surpass what he did last game as scum. The real swing between the Plot lynch happening over Jarizok was arguably Jan's change of vote and Fontisians re-statement that we should be lynching Plot there, could argue that Fontisian was attempting to save Jarizok there as partners but it's a bit on the nose for me, I think she's just more likely mafia in worlds where he's town than he's scum. So I'm looking at the way it transpired and not seeing where scum actually saved Jarizok which means either they were already voting Plot (Possible but looking at the wagon that'd be who Stanari? Waco? who else?) or they were happy bussing Jarizok but his posts didn't really feel like he was being thrown under the buss, like you could still see him fighting to survive. This is a whole lot of ramble to effectively say I'm not really sure on Jarizok I guess.

@Kai - I disagree with that assessment re; the shot/lynch, see above.

---------- Post automerged at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

I kind of like Miners recent reads wall, I really have just gone from "Drop all town reads I' somewhat uncertain off and make sure there's no scum in there" to "Moving most of them back into the town reads section" with the exceptions maybe being Cobalt and Pie oh and maybe Zenzao too?

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Miner

You saying stanari avoided interacting with you seems disingenuous you I had pointed out yesterday that was more or less what you were doing to her.

---------- Post automerged at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

EBWOP. >.>

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Acionyx, dichotomousCreator, Fable and Vaimes are my town core where I'm positive there's no scum in there, awfully tempted to throw Blabs name in there too given there's not really been much of his that has made me doubt the town read there at all. Everything else I still need to sort out properly but leaves me with this;

Adult (Miner)
    Cobalt
    fontisian
    Jarizok
    KaiDASH
    pienyan
    Quiddity
    Stanari
    The Waco Kid
    Zenzao

I don't see Jarizok/Cobalt being a thing, I also don't see Jarizok/Miner or Jarizok/Pie being a thing, Jarizok/Fontisian isn't impossible given well it obviously makes sense to save a partner but I don't think that's how she handles the situation, she'd just get him to fake claim and that'd be enough to divert it back to Plotless if he ever looked in danger. Unless the scum team is exactly something like Jarizok + 4 of Kai/Q/Stanari/Waco/Zenzao then I feel like Jarizok has to be town?

---------- Post automerged at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I think shooting inside that pool of (+4 of) is probably the safest way to hit scum given if Jarizok is scum there's a ridiculously high chance of hitting there and if Jarizok isn't scum there's still a very good chance that's a hit. Don't think I could advocate a shot on Zenzao ahead of those other players there too. I think Waco>Q/Kai/Stanari>Anyone else is my preference of shot, I'd need to reread them to decide upon an order.

---------- Post automerged at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------
    Fable - If you're still around talk with me about this ^. I've only got about ~30 minutes before I leave for a few hours but I think some discussion on the shot and it happening in the next ~12 or so hours so we have time to assess the flip is optimal.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Boring, Miner.