1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

RWBY Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Newcomb, Jun 2, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

And I might as well ask pie if Reg's intention was to push her and take advantage of that weakspot from the beginning, why didn't he, well, do it from the beginning?

I feel like I should point out that rushing the end of Day 2 was a matter of fairness, because we try not make it so we all hate each other at the end of a game. Zenzao was at a point where he was openly dropping information that could out his entire team in the thread. Taking advantage of his emotional state there would have been neither fun nor fair.

Reg rushing it is a town reaction of him, as he would not want to be seen taking an action that aids the mafia team. Had he been scum, he would have tried to talk Zen down in their qt and maybe helped Zen avoid spewing if he was insistent on posting, instead of trying to shut it to down from the thread side. I do not think you calling that scummy from Reg is an honest analysis.

---------- Post automerged at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

And really, calling me scum when I swooped in to save Q and lynch Zenzao? How exactly does that work in your world?

Fable gets a pass because of his anti-Zen interactions, but I remember his Q vote.

---------- Post automerged at 02:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 AM ----------

Reminder of pienyan reaction after I came into the thread and momentum started to shift from Q. It is hot garbage.

---------- Post automerged at 02:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:23 AM ----------

I'm tempted to just vote Jarizok and get it over with, but you guys need to understand that the pienyan lynch must happen. It is vital, both to confirm Reg's alignment and get rid of one of the most likely scums.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    ...how is that hot garbage if Q IS town and Jari IS scum? Is it TMI? And why the Jarizok bus?

3. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Simple answer is that he wanted to misdirect me by trying to "connect" with me first (how he treated me D1). That puts me in an emotional state where when he comes out with the push on me, I more want to re-connect with him and put my effort into getting him to start to see me as town again, rather than being skeptical from the get go.

When you say things like this it makes me think you're scum doing the "single out one point to disagree with" strat on me. : x

Do you see Jari/Reg being a thing? I ask this not to get you to switch votes (at this point I wouldn't mind just being lynched if it meant that I didn't have to think about this game anymore), but because you're saying my lynch would confirm Reg's alignment more solidly than Jari's, so you must think there's some chance of it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Oh btw.

Reg saying I'd "resort to emotional manipulation" is a complete lie. That is the exact opposite of how I play as scum and he knows this (we've even *talked about this* before), so either he's so far caught up in his read on me that he isn't stopping to think at all or he's just outright lying.

---------- Post automerged at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 PM ----------

I'm actually going to go ahead and do this. All the stuff before, I thought I may have just been insane and seeing things and overthinking it, but Reg claiming I'm emotionally manipulative is an outright lie and if he's town he needs to retract that statement and realize what he's done ASAP. There simply is no other explanation for it.

Vote: Regfan

Also I'm not going to back-and-forth wall with Reg at this point. I'm willing to discuss with other people, and answer questions about whatever Reg tries to come up with that other people ask me, but I'm not going to drown the thread out even more than I have already.

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Not retracting that comment, stand by it. You know full well I consider your play scum play to be evil in comparison to the average player. Don't particularly think this conversation is a good idea though.

I'll ditto the "Not going to get into a wall v wall" comment, it's not healthy for either of us or the game in general. Particularly at a time when Jarizok is pretty much outed mafia and your ignorance of this just furthers my read.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Well this has gotten fucking spicy.

I need time to actually digest a lot of Pie's posts.

But Jarizok is still definitely the lynch toDay. The amount of vote switches were concerning to say the least and should Pienyan eventually flip town I think its easy to find scum there, especially because it was almost a counterwagon to Jarizok.

It's.... almost making me feel uneasy about Regfan, but I'm sticking to my guns with him until given a good reason not to.

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also Fontisian is town here, the plethora of people with scum reads on her need to reread her play throughout the game and notice that there's literally zero scum motivation behind her play - her reads and stances have pretty much completely been stopping mslynches going through while helping assist lynch scum (Waco/Zenzao) and super likely scum (Jarizok/Pie). This just isn't how she'd approach the game as mafia since she's very much aware that she doesn't win end-gaming alone (If she's alive in a 3 way she'll get lynched a ridiculously high % of the time) meaning your argument would have to consist of her putting a partner high up in her town reads and I don't see that being the case.

Lynching Jarizok -> Pie is the play here, (Combined with interaction analysis after each scum flip) then start considering inside of Kai/Miner which should end the game. Still very happy with lynching Jarizok early here.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Guys I have something important to reveal.

You thought today was a contest between Pienyan and Jarizok, but in reality it was over before the day even began.

[​IMG]

It's our boy JEB! with an absolute LANDSLIDE VICTORY.

8. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I don't get it.

9. KaiDASH

That's ok, neither did Jeb!

10. Jarizok

Scumteam is Waco/Zen/Miner/Pie(/Cobalt)

You don't need to be added as an alternative to Cobalt, right Kai?

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...this is a votal from D4.

Tell me, what marvels await us in that far-flung future? Wait, let me guess: your corpse!

12. Jarizok

Anyhoo, Miner hadn't done any solving for even longer than I've been absent, only popping in to be "helpful town" and to argue for lynching me over Pie for reasons unrelated to any read of Pie.

13. KaiDASH

what, did you rolecop me?

14. Jarizok

I've had faith in you all along.

15. fontisian

Because Q was already being cleared, Jari was outed, Cobalt is town, and it tried to deflect from the Zenzao in the room.

16. Jarizok

Psst.

Fonti!

I'm not actually outed. I'm not even scum.

17. pienyan

pienyan Muggle

High Score:
    Just so there's absolutely no ambiguity; the stuff I was thinking before about Reg/Jari only being aligned if there's 5 scum no longer applies. Reg is scum, regardless of what Jari is or isn't.

We've reached the point where he knows there's no way for him to get out of this after I flip and he's just making up bullshit to have me lynched. Seeing my #1848 and then proceeding to think "oh I guess pie is just a really gross scum player" without even questioning the read at all ("oh that pie post would be really gross from her-scum. is she actually scum?") is not something town-Reg does ever. Calling me emotionally manipulative as scum is not something town-Reg does ever. It simply just isn't. He isn't so terrible at the game to get caught up enough in a tunnel to where he'd just not even think about such a core part of my meta at all - which it is, I know none of you will know this but yeah, it is.

I'm driving this point in because it is absolutely not "a town/town meta-read shitfest", and I do not want there to be any ambiguity if I end up being lynched, here or later.

18. fontisian

Psst.

Jarizok.

Miner isn't mafia. Neither is Cobalt. Try getting us to kill Kai or something.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm...and it's right after you're trying to get attention up for a Zen lynch, too.

That IS interesting.

20. Jarizok

What has Miner done that's at all townie to you?