1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Screams by cloneserpents - T

Discussion in 'Dark Arts' started by The-Hyphenated-One, May 25, 2007.

1. Kate

Kate Elite Member DLP Supporter

Insane!Hermione and Betrayer!Neville coupled with good characterization and writing style, there is nothing more I can ask for. 5/5

2. Bukay

Bukay Professor DLP Supporter

nothing more to say... 5/5

3. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

I don't know why, but when I read that Harry had no tounge, I just had a vision of a madman with a sick grin. Of course, then The Mummy leapt to mind- don't know why though, as Imhotep took tounge and eyes first.

Hermione is the most insane out of the two of them though. As Warlocke said, dark but not evil. I see Hermione as being less fortunate than Neville's parents. She's halfway what they went through completely, so she isn't a vegetable- just an insane person. The hollowness she feels is probably what they Frank/Alice feels constantly. She has an outlet via screams- they don't.

Though, if they were to turn evil, I'd think Harry would steal his tounge back- I would.

5/5

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Really great. They way Hermione is portrayed resembles Bellatrix, though until now, she is only out for revenge. But will they stop once their last opponent is dead?

Pure Win, so 5/5

5. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Very impressive. Maybe just half a hair over the top, but it works very well here. 5/5

Big D

Last edited: May 31, 2007
  6. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

Ye gods...

That's easily the most beautiful Harry/Hermione romance I've ever read. Somehow the two of them turning dark together works for me, and this fic took that to a whole new level.

5/5. If I could give it more, I would.

7. Feoffic

Feoffic Alchemist DLP Supporter

A fine concept but it could have been done better if it was longer, had less summary and more scene, and if the 'surprise twist' at the end couldn't be seen from almost the very begining.

2/5

8. Isania

Isania Muggle

It is quite captivating one-shot. I especially liked how Hermione was showed from an unusual point of view. But I think the ending was a bit off. I expected another twist of story, because everything happening before was somewhat unexpected.
    4.5/5

9. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

I have never seen Hermione portrayed like this before...... And whats more I liked it:D :D :D
    5/5

10. yojorocks

yojorocks Seventh Year

Bat-shit crazy and dark Hermione has always been amusing to me, esp. when she gets off on torturing people: it's just so against her canon character that I can easily picture her doing exactly that when she snaps.

Very nicely executed, though I was confused as to how long they had been out of captivity; It seems as though Hermione is still mostly helpless, but with how quickly witches can heal given the materials and knowledge, I had to assume it was very, very recent. Regardless, I liked it a great deal.

5/5: truly worth this designation of five stars.

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I have to say that I really liked this series (I don't know if the most recent instalment is the last or not). I think that Harry and Hermione compliment each other nicely.

I also like how it seems that Dumbledore was completely correct in thinking that Love was the power the Dark Lord knows not. Also, that Voldemort now seems to understand that there are, in fact, worse things than death.

5/5

Edit: It kind of reminds me of Bioshock. Hermione is the Little Sister and Harry, the Big Daddy.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  12. Lord Hoth

Lord Hoth Squib

It was a nice refreshment from the lame ass fics I've been forced to trudge trhough just to get to a semi-decent one let alone a good or great one, The insane-crazy bitch Hermione is excllent, and the Assassin like Harry is awsome. And i can so see Neville betraying them, its almost like the mauraders, Harry-James, Ron-Sirius, Hermione-Remus, Neville-Pettigrew. And DarthBill, it is kinda like Bioshock in a way, Hmmm so if i take Harry and Hermione out do i get Eve?

13. PapaMidNite56

PapaMidNite56 Second Year DLP Supporter

Thats why I liked It never thought about Neville being the betrayer but now that I think about he is weak

5/5

14. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

That was made of win. I think I have a new appreciation for H/Hr fics.......5/5

15. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Very cool short.

5/5

16. Pieman

Pieman Seventh Year

Batshit-Insane Hermione is awesome. 4.5/5. Some parts were predictable, but the rest was pure win.

17. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

It was a good oneshot but I think a shortfic would suit it better.
    4.5/5

18. NightFox

NightFox Seventh Year

There's actually 3-4 other pieces that follow in a chronological sequence on the Author's page, most of them are in the same calibar, though this is clearly the superior of the group.

For the oneshot itself, an excellent depiction of insanity, definitely up there.

4.2/5

19. Illnill

Illnill First Year

Insane Hermione was done tastefully. This was extremely fun to read.

5/5

20. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Rarely look through the Library-Library these days, mostly just check the que in For Review, but this story made me glad I bothered.

It's short, but quality, give it a read if you're on the fence.