1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Resolved Scryer Down?

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by moonpotato, Nov 3, 2015.

1. moonpotato

moonpotato First Year

I've been trying to access DLP Scryer (scryer.darklordpotter.net) and just getting repeated HTTP 502: Bad Gateway errors. Nothing else will show up no matter what I do; it seems the entire domain is down.

I have tried connecting via HTTP and HTTPS, and using both my phone and PC to no effect, so along with the 5xx error I'm assuming it's some issue with the server itself.

I'm not the only one having the issue and according to others, it's been down for at least a couple of days now.

2. yak

yak Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

I expect it'll be coming back. Just give it some time.

[09:16:48] ~Raven: Looks like the server that Scryer uses was locked down by DigitalOcean
    [09:32:23] ~Raven: During the upgrade of the Scryer ES node to Ubuntu 12.04 -> 14.04, the firewall stopped working apparently.
    [09:32:30] ~Raven: So Elasticsearch was compromised.
    [09:32:46] ~Raven: Used for DDoS

3. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw System God Admin

It was down for a day. It's up now.

4. Palindrome

Palindrome Magma Moderator Moderator DLP Supporter

Sorting by DLP Review Score, Popular & Recent and Long & Recent do not seem to be working.

5. Lord Ravenclaw

Lord Ravenclaw System God Admin

Thanks Palindrome. Fixed* too.

* - DLP score wasn't sorting correctly to begin with.

6. moonpotato

moonpotato First Year

Thanks all!

7. Stan

Stan Order Member

It seems that Scryer is no longer showing any newly published or updated stories. It has been static for two days now.

8. FreakLord

FreakLord Professor DLP Supporter