1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Searches that don't require their own threads.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Jormungandr, Aug 13, 2012.

Not open for further replies.
  1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Yes, that.

Basically I was thinking of one of those fics where Harry is made Head of Aurors/ Magical law enforcement and proceeds to change everything about how things are done. It must be hell on low level bureaucrats, but what exactly can they do about a man who seemingly single-handily defeated Voldemort and all his followers, and through whose grace the current minister is in power.

The only fic I could think off was The Desk by opalish. And even that has Harry as one of the protagonists.

2. Oinyal

Oinyal Fourth Year

Uh, The Other Minister, maybe? It's a one-shot in the POV of the Minister of Magic (an OC, not Fudge or Scrimgeour), and it has some muggle/wizard conflict, so... yeah. It's the only story that might fit what you're looking for that I remember by name. I'm too tired to seriously comb through my alerts, sorry. Summary:

3. Trombone_King

Trombone_King Muggle

Looking for a fanfic, I read this fanfic a long time ago, but I forgot the name. Harry's parents are alive, he has younger siblings, he had a magical accident while at work with James I believe, Potters lose all their wealth paying for damages. They live Ina poor magical town where he was kind of friends with Blaise Zabini, Cant afford to send Harry to Hogwarts, but his youngest sibling ended up going. Voldemort destroys the town and all the remaining survivors are in refuge in Hogwarts.

4. Stan

Stan Order Member

Not exactly what you're looking for, but An Interview with Justin FinchFlethley does show the entire war from an outside perspective, including Harry's actions. It pays the most attention to everyone else's war efforts, most notably the Muggle Government's. Pretty good story.

5. Nerox

Nerox High Inquisitor

Are there any fics that have Dumbledore mentor Harry from an early age? Dumbledore leaving Hogwarts and Harry never going there, instead traveling and exploring magic etc pp...

6. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Looking for the fanfic I've read long time ago.
    Harry is a neglected brother of BWL. He is sorted into Ravenclaw; gets unfortunate reputation of a murderer after killing Quirrell to save his brother (with only Snape understanding what he's going through). James Potter, fed of Harry talking back to them, sends him to the magical version of a boot camp. Harry ends up creating designer drugs the whole summer (he is good at Potions).

7. voljin2

voljin2 First Year

8. golan

golan Temporarily Banhammered DLP Supporter

Me, too, but that's one of the purposes of fanfiction, take the source material and try to make something better, right?

9. esran

esran Professor

Mainly for really bad fanfiction.
    I can tell when the writer hates the source material, and it doesn't tend to make for a good read.

10. Stan

Stan Order Member

Does anyone know any good stories where Harry ends up killing/murdering Dumbledore? Somewhat surprisingly, very few Manipulative Dumbledore stories end up with Harry actually killing him- most fics either redeem him or are abandoned. The only story of this kind that I remember is Lulu's Path of Decision.

Control seemed to be going this way. Sadly, it was abandoned as well.

11. golan

I forgot the title, but somehow he did managed to get him sentenced to magic-suppressing handcuffs, which would age him faster (since he's alive only through a wizard's higher longevity) and kill him within a year, so he commits suicide before that. In another, he goes back in time and kills both Dumbledore and his lover Grindelwald. I forgot, whether Silently Watches' Faery Hearoes had Dumbledore killed or just jailed. Or both.

12. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

13. Download

Download Auror ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Harry, Luna and Hermione reapply the withering curse to the Resurrection Stone before leaving it as a trap for Dumbledore. With Snape dead he dies.

14. Vulcan

Vulcan Groundskeeper

Harry has the unusual Animagus form - something like a cross of wolf and Thestral. In the end of the story he fights against the animagus form of Voldemort.

15. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Looking for a fanfic that is a bit similar to Out of the Night. Harry heads to Knockturn Alley(or some alley that is similar) where he meets an inn own and develops a bond with her. I recall her being a witch(?) or possibly some creature for Eastern Europe/Russia. She also has a relative nearby that helps her introduce Harry to dark magic. Nothing stellar but I wanted to give it another read.

16. prtclehysics

prtclehysics Third Year

Would that be the Malachite series by Lazov?
    Does anyone know any good HP/Dresden crossovers?

17. T3t

T3t Purple Beast of DLP ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    See: most HP/DF crossovers written on DLP.
    Do Not See: most HP/DF crossovers written elsewhere.

18. Starfox5

Starfox5 Seventh Year

Not sure if it qualifies, but

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/2760303/1/The-Best-Seven-Years

has Calvin going to Hogwarts at the same time as Harry does, and he ends up in the blood war as well, but technically never meets or talks to Harry until the epilogue.

19. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Holding Court by Marshes to Banks is an old fic (2004) that matches this description.

20. golan

Does anyone have a copy of the Naruto fanfic story "We are"? On of the elements is a special kind of clan restoration act: The person carrying the special genetic trait is forbidden to go on mission until he has fathered at least two grandchildren.
    Edit: Forget the question, I found it in my archive. Anyone, who wants to read it, drop me a PM and I send it to you.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2014
Not open for further replies.