1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Shadow Play by Thor Nairda - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by ip82, Dec 6, 2005.

1. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

ageed, the new chapter is really good. I agee orion's death was retarded, why not just put him in his own body and not kill him? The oc's and that little excile/vacation he had was retarded, cut those things out and easily the best story out there..

2. Thor Nairda

Thor Nairda Guest

heh... well, i guess i should be flattered... or something. What can i say? Thank you all for letting me know people are actually awaiting my fic lol. I'm sorry i havent updated anything in ages, between rebuilding my PC, university and a visit to hospital, i havent had time to write ANYTHING, be it HP or one of my other, more original creations (unpublished).

Reading this thread has given me a bit of a kick in the ass for updating, and I'll do what i can to finish a chapter of shadowplay before tuesday, when im away from civilisation for a couple of weeks - university field trip.

I do have a direction im heading in, anyone who is desperate to hear plot lines to come is welcome to email and ask, but dont expect chapters already written, more single lines of plots that are currently ideas i've decided to go with. Thanks to all again, and to IP82 who linked my story here.

I hadnt heard of this place before today, quite disappointed lol. I'm gonna get back to writing now, later all.

~Thor

3. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

I love this story, I really like how Harry gets his powers, learns about them and evolves to become darker. I also really like Voldemort getting the help of other Dark Lords and Dark Ladies.

4. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

I doubt he would rewrite the whole fic. It is pretty awesome, but the jetsons city was like WTF? I dont really mind the OCs. They add to the story and all that. Orion's "death" and him coming back to life was just plain shitty and I had to force myself to read that part. It would be far better if he was still a spirit.

Anyways the reason I love this story is because of Orion. He is just plain hilarious and him being in Harry's head is an awesome idea.

I dont really know about the shadow ablility and the blaise part. That was just strange. A good fic all in all, but like every story it has its flaws.

5. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

I didn't like Orion getting a body. It just tears Canon apart, and Harry suddenly has this new brother/best friend figure who knows how he masturbates, and taught him how to have sex. Weird Huh? I mean, the guy knows every inch of your body, and all your deepest, darkest secrets.

I wish he stayed in Harry's head. It was fucking hilarious how Orion would conjure images of various girls in bed for Harry.

The OCs are good, but I don't see why so many people hated the Wizarding Vegas vacation. I thought it was pretty good.

I thought the clingy Blaise was pretty good too, though I suspect Harry and Blaise will get together in the very end.

I hope he updates.

6. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

New chapter is up.

I didn't like the first part, with international Quidditch tournament happening when the whole magical world is on the brink of collapse. Totally unneccesary and unrealistic.

The second part, with the ancient city and magical defense systems, was brilliant. This is the closest any HP fanfics had ever gotten to Indiana Jones atmosphere. Good work on that.

7. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Yea the City was brilliant. Reminded me of the Indiana Jones as well. Even some of the Ruins in ES: IV. Heck even the Starcraft's Xel'Nagna.

Shadow Beasts were an interesting touch.

The Quidditch was totally unneccesary and not needed. a Dueling Tournament would have bene more realistic.

8. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

Great chapter, I loved the city and the shadow beasts.

9. CGB

CGB Auror

Yeah. The Shadow Beasts are cool. They are somewhat equal in power to the Shadow Mages. So they aren't too powerful. The city was good, too.

10. Cthulu

Cthulu Unintelligent Bigot

I've actually read this... twice...

I enjoyed it then i stopped reading it, cant really remember why...

Think ill start reading it again ^^

11. cu_cullen9

cu_cullen9 Second Year

i stoped reading because of the slow updates of the author. i tend to forget a story when it has been months since an update. maybe when 2-3 new chapters showi'll read it and get caught up.

12. MysterioX

MysterioX Professor

Used to be one of my favorites but I too quit due to the slow updates. But I think I will start all over again since there are no other updates these past 2 days and I got nothing else to do right now.

13. KeshinNoAkui

KeshinNoAkui Seventh Year

I agree that the Quidditch Tournament was a little out there, not to mention Ginny being able to go (by convincing McGonagall nonetheless) and no other 5th year. I liked the City and it's defenses though, very nice touch how we're introduced to the other side of the Shadow Mage spectrum, the Shadow Beast.

14. chronic dragon

chronic dragon Seventh Year DLP Supporter

i started this one but harry started dating one of the oc's i didn't like so i quit reading. maybe ill give it another try.

edit: ok i didn't give it enough time.its an all right fic

Last edited: May 28, 2006
  15. Lion

Lion Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Good story

Great Story then he got to island and i was lost from there

16. Sirius White

Sirius White First Year

Uhm, Darklordcuddles; I really really hope for your sake, and mine nobody was trying to receive updates on this thread to await a new posting....

But now, I'm going to read this fic and try to rate it, and give a half decent review.

17. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Link is dead, but the story can be found in the DLP archive under Independent Harry.

18. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Thanks for the info. I updated the first post.

19. Rache

Rache Headmaster

Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  20. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Noted. I changed the first post. Thanks for the info.